BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #67
speedyman
Banned
92
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bonita Springs FL

iTrader: (0)

It sounds like we will need a firmware update before we can connect to the EWG plugs. Wondering how difficult it will be to make this connection.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #68
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
Tim2189's Avatar
United_States
448
Rep
5,568
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Tim2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Awesome!

How did it feel? I mean, did it still feel like it was pulling hard?

I am going to run some stock ones this weekend.
This is a stock run map 0
Apples to apples, same stretch of road and it's less than a second difference with all of the tested speeds BUT it feels much slower stock. Running it stocks felt like forever to get to 110
Attached Images
 
__________________
2013 X6 - retired
2015 X6 - retired
2015 435GC - retired
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:38 PM   #69
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
204
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northwest North Korea

iTrader: (0)

I am really starting to wonder if your limit at this point is your stock DP. That adds a lot of back pressure and likely results in higher in cylinder temps. That could explain the timing drops. I am really curious to see the timing after you get the pipes in stalled.

EDIT: One other way to see if the timing drops are knock retard (KR) is to run some ethanol or MS109 through the vehicle. Just a few gallons will work, then log again and see if the timing drops go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #70
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
Tim2189's Avatar
United_States
448
Rep
5,568
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Tim2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
I am really starting to wonder if your limit at this point is your stock DP. That adds a lot of back pressure and likely results in higher in cylinder temps. That could explain the timing drops. I am really curious to see the timing after you get the pipes in stalled.

EDIT: One other way to see if the timing drops are knock retard (KR) is to run some ethanol or MS109 through the vehicle. Just a few gallons will work, then log again and see if the timing drops go away.
Have you seen any air Intakes for our cars ?
I'd be interested in that as well
__________________
2013 X6 - retired
2015 X6 - retired
2015 435GC - retired
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:15 PM   #71
speedyman
Banned
92
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bonita Springs FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
This is a stock run map 0
Apples to apples, same stretch of road and it's less than a second difference with all of the tested speeds BUT it feels much slower stock. Running it stocks felt like forever to get to 110
Have you had a chance to log any 0-60 runs with and without JB4 for comparison?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:21 PM   #72
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
Tim2189's Avatar
United_States
448
Rep
5,568
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Tim2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
This is a stock run map 0
Apples to apples, same stretch of road and it's less than a second difference with all of the tested speeds BUT it feels much slower stock. Running it stocks felt like forever to get to 110
Have you had a chance to log any 0-60 runs with and without JB4 for comparison?
Yes 4.4 VS 4.2
I suck at launching but it Deff feels much faster than that
__________________
2013 X6 - retired
2015 X6 - retired
2015 435GC - retired
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #73
speedyman
Banned
92
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bonita Springs FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Yes 4.4 VS 4.2
I suck at launching but it Deff feels much faster than that
I'm not good at launching either and can screw it up even using the launch control feature on other cars. 2 tenths is a nice improvement 0-60 especially when it is down around 4 seconds. I'm really more interested in the seat of the pants feel with the JB4. If it really feels a lot quicker 0-60 for that money then it would be worth it to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:59 AM   #74
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
Tim2189's Avatar
United_States
448
Rep
5,568
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Tim2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
I'm not good at launching either and can screw it up even using the launch control feature on other cars. 2 tenths is a nice improvement 0-60 especially when it is down around 4 seconds. I'm really more interested in the seat of the pants feel with the JB4. If it really feels a lot quicker 0-60 for that money then it would be worth it to me.
After having it for about a week or so, I would say its deff worth getting
__________________
2013 X6 - retired
2015 X6 - retired
2015 435GC - retired
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #75
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
204
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northwest North Korea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Have you seen any air Intakes for our cars ?
I'd be interested in that as well
Yes. We have some 50i guys that did filter upgrades. My feeling is that isnít going to make a huge difference. If you have carbon filters, I would remove those.

I think the downpipes are the big one.

I wonít buy JB4 personally until I see those timing drops resolved. It is super noticeable on your Map 0 v Map 2 run. That is stuff you canít play around on a 100k vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #76
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
Thewolfbmw's Avatar
United_States
104
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Awesome!

How did it feel? I mean, did it still feel like it was pulling hard?

I am going to run some stock ones this weekend.
This is a stock run map 0
Apples to apples, same stretch of road and it's less than a second difference with all of the tested speeds BUT it feels much slower stock. Running it stocks felt like forever to get to 110
How was your fuel load vs the runs from the other day on Map 2?

Looks like Temps, elevation and DA were very similar.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:17 PM   #77
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
Tim2189's Avatar
United_States
448
Rep
5,568
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Tim2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
How was your fuel load vs the runs from the other day on Map 2?

Looks like Temps, elevation and DA were very similar.
I had 1/4 tank on map 2 run and a little under full tank of Map 0
Location of the 2 pulls were exactly the same, just different day
__________________
2013 X6 - retired
2015 X6 - retired
2015 435GC - retired
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #78
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
Thewolfbmw's Avatar
United_States
104
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
How was your fuel load vs the runs from the other day on Map 2?

Looks like Temps, elevation and DA were very similar.
I had 1/4 tank on map 2 run and a little under full tank of Map 0
Location of the 2 pulls were exactly the same, just different day
Roads where busy tonight. Difficult to find a spot.

Question, when you are doing your 60 - 100 and 40 - 100....at what speed do you go wide open? I'm not sure if I need to be at a 30 roll, then flooring it or is starting off at a slow roll and flooring it, is any different?


Also, are you in Sport Plus and Traction off?

Stock. A little more than 1/2 tank of fuel. Tire pressure were low 33 / 38. I started in comfort and switched in Sport Plus mid run. Total fail on my part.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #79
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
Tim2189's Avatar
United_States
448
Rep
5,568
Posts

Drives: X5 M50i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Tim2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
How was your fuel load vs the runs from the other day on Map 2?

Looks like Temps, elevation and DA were very similar.
I had 1/4 tank on map 2 run and a little under full tank of Map 0
Location of the 2 pulls were exactly the same, just different day
Roads where busy tonight. Difficult to find a spot.

Question, when you are doing your 60 - 100 and 40 - 100....at what speed do you go wide open? I'm not sure if I need to be at a 30 roll, then flooring it or is starting off at a slow roll and flooring it, is any different?


Also, are you in Sport Plus and Traction off?

Stock. A little more than 1/2 tank of fuel. Tire pressure were low 33 / 38. I started in comfort and switched in Sport Plus mid run. Total fail on my part.
I floored it around 35mph on both pulls
Sports plus and that's it, traction on
__________________
2013 X6 - retired
2015 X6 - retired
2015 435GC - retired
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 04:51 PM   #80
speedyman
Banned
92
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bonita Springs FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
After having it for about a week or so, I would say its deff worth getting
Sounds good. I'm not really concerned about 1/4 mile times etc. as I'll never have this X5 at a drag strip. I'm really looking for a noticeable bump in low end torque when you step on the gas in any gear. If it does that on top of the stock torque feel which is damn nice I'd be very happy.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST