BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Electric Cargo Cover Functionality: Good & Bad

I just ran across a video that showed the electric cargo cover on a 2019 X5. Basically, the cargo cover stows under the cargo floor and with a push of a button, a flap opens like a door on the cargo floor and the cover raises up to a few inches below the top of the rear seat backs and then starts to move towards the back of the car where it stops part way till you close the hatch at which point it then fully closes to cover your contents.

I went to the BMW site and built a few versions of the X5 but did not see any mention of the cargo cover being manual or electric. I then read the owners manual for the X5 and see instructions on how to operate both the manual and electric versions.

Ok, so at first I thought this was clever till I put more thought into it. I'm hoping someone here has the electric version and can chime in.. ..

- When its stowed under the cargo floor, its location looks to be around 6-8" from the bottom of the seat backs...it this correct?

- What happens when you have suitcases and boxes sitting over that area? Does this mean you cannot use the cargo cover at all? i.e.: you cannot use the cargo cover when you have cargo????

What am I missing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVhk...c#action=share
Attached Images

Last edited by Marty in NY; 04-28-2019 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0