BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
windycitycy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Battery Tender Quick Disconnect Plug

Guys -

Does anyone know what size of a Torx wrench is needed to install one of these. The biggest I currently have is a T40 which is too small. Both the Positive and Negative mounting terminals in the engine bay appear to take something like a T50. If anyone knows the correct size please let me know. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NCOKZQ...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitycy View Post
Guys -

Does anyone know what size of a Torx wrench is needed to install one of these. The biggest I currently have is a T40 which is too small. Both the Positive and Negative mounting terminals in the engine bay appear to take something like a T50. If anyone knows the correct size please let me know. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NCOKZQ...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I use a 10mm wrench. The issue is on the X5 is that it’s tolerances are built so tight, the cord doesn’t snake out anywhere out of the back hatch. I have the quick disconnect hooked up to the battery but don’t use it.

I am just using the clips on the charging points under the hood. It way easier to leave the hood unlatched than the rear hatch.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
windycitycy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

I want to attach the quick disconnect to the charging points under the hood, not the actual battery. I did this on my last BMW. The charging points are screwed down and can be removed to permanently attach the quick disconnect. I'm trying to understand the proper Torx Size to remove them. I looks like a T45 or T50.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitycy View Post
I want to attach the quick disconnect to the charging points under the hood, not the actual battery. I did this on my last BMW. The charging points are screwed down and can be removed to permanently attach the quick disconnect. I'm trying to understand the proper Torx Size to remove them. I looks like a T45 or T50.
Are your sure its not a triple square??
Appreciate 0