BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-20-2019, 06:52 AM   #1
jonjo001
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s and G05 45e

Connected Drive App: One car only

Hi,

Only just experienced this with the X5 as that is the new car, but it is not X5 specific. So...

We have and X5 and i3s in the family, both myself and my wife drive both cars and we both have the connected drive app on our iPhones. We have both been able to add both cars to our own phone apps, but since yesterday when I signed in to Connected Drive on both cars, it appears that each of us can only have one car at a time on our phone apps. If I have the X5 on mine, she gets and e-mail from BMW saying that the car has been removed from her ConnectedDrive and it disappears from her phone app. Same happens to me if she adds it back and the same happens on the i3.

Has anyone else seen this? I can see how it might be expected behaviour, if you don’t want two people controlling the same car at the same time, but it is real PIA.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjo001 View Post
Hi,

Only just experienced this with the X5 as that is the new car, but it is not X5 specific. So...

We have and X5 and i3s in the family, both myself and my wife drive both cars and we both have the connected drive app on our iPhones. We have both been able to add both cars to our own phone apps, but since yesterday when I signed in to Connected Drive on both cars, it appears that each of us can only have one car at a time on our phone apps. If I have the X5 on mine, she gets and e-mail from BMW saying that the car has been removed from her ConnectedDrive and it disappears from her phone app. Same happens to me if she adds it back and the same happens on the i3.

Has anyone else seen this? I can see how it might be expected behaviour, if you don’t want two people controlling the same car at the same time, but it is real PIA.

Thanks

If your using the same account login that may happen. You need separate accounts.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #3
jonjo001
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s and G05 45e

Both my wife and I have different accounts, so it can’t be that. We also have our own driver profiles on each car, signed in to those different accounts.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjo001 View Post
Both my wife and I have different accounts, so it can’t be that. We also have our own driver profiles on each car, signed in to those different accounts.
only other thing I can think of is that you are secondary to her car/account and she is secondary to your car/account.
Appreciate 1