BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-16-2019, 02:23 AM   #67
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
That's funny. With me it's opposite. I did code the auto speed assist though so that could be the cause of auto hold for me. Haven't tried it with auto speed assist set to manual ACC though
Its not aSLA. My car will set off after a 3 minute wait.

More likely the driver camera has spotted you arent paying attention to the road, just before its due to restart.

There are some codes to do with ACC resume time - you didnt change any of those did you?
Appreciate 1
val200049.50
      10-16-2019, 05:45 AM   #68
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Quote:
That's funny. With me it's opposite. I did code the auto speed assist though so that could be the cause of auto hold for me. Haven't tried it with auto speed assist set to manual ACC though

More likely the driver camera has spotted you arent paying attention to the road, just before its due to restart.

There are some codes to do with ACC resume time - you didnt change any of those did you?
I didn't change any of those. I do have a suspicion that my driver camera isn't functioning though. I'm going to have to figure out how to test it in a way. I have noticed that before, the steering assist would, when not touching the wheel, over time go yellow and then red, at which point it would stop steering unless it could not verify my attentiveness (covering camera) at which point it would continue beeping and maintain steering while slowing the car too a full stop. This now happens also when in clear view of the camera and paying serious attention to the outside world. (Attention camera box is checked)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #69
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't change any of those. I do have a suspicion that my driver camera isn't functioning though. I'm going to have to figure out how to test it in a way. I have noticed that before, the steering assist would, when not touching the wheel, over time go yellow and then red, at which point it would stop steering unless it could not verify my attentiveness (covering camera) at which point it would continue beeping and maintain steering while slowing the car too a full stop. This now happens also when in clear view of the camera and paying serious attention to the outside world. (Attention camera box is checked)
Sounds like it could be the DCS. There are codes for that too but all should be on.

You could run an ISTA report to see if the camera itself is faulty. Otherwise it's trial and error like you say.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #70
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like it could be the DCS. There are codes for that too but all should be on.

You could run an ISTA report to see if the camera itself is faulty. Otherwise it's trial and error like you say.
ISTA report?! Interested. How to do that?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 08:04 PM   #71
NikG0X5
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 2019

I'm truly fed up with iDrive7 all together, too many issues since purchased the car and absolutely ruined the experience!

Updated to .55 version last week and found the welcome light doesn't work when approaching car which was working fine previously and low-beam light led in driver's cluster screen is always on.

Bluetooth connectivity apparently is more stable now, thank god for that!

BTW, called the dealer this morning and been told there is another update which may fix the above problems. I'll keep you posted what is the update and why they didn't install it last week but I don't rely on anything dealers say until I see it myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #72
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikG0X5 View Post
I'm truly fed up with iDrive7 all together, too many issues since purchased the car and absolutely ruined the experience!

Updated to .55 version last week and found the welcome light doesn't work when approaching car which was working fine previously and low-beam light led in driver's cluster screen is always on.

Bluetooth connectivity apparently is more stable now, thank god for that!

BTW, called the dealer this morning and been told there is another update which may fix the above problems. I'll keep you posted what is the update and why they didn't install it last week but I don't rely on anything dealers say until I see it myself.
Sad to hear you are facing these issues.

My experience has been pretty smooth so far, except for minor issues. Updated to .55 last week and all good.
It resolved my Autostart issue in Stop and Go Cruise Control after update. I don't have to press gas pedal now to start driving when car in front moves in CC after the upgrade.

Would have loved to have lane change assist but seem that's disabled for Australia for unknown reason.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #73
NikG0X5
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Sad to hear you are facing these issues.

My experience has been pretty smooth so far, except for minor issues. Updated to .55 last week and all good.
It resolved my Autostart issue in Stop and Go Cruise Control after update. I don't have to press gas pedal now to start driving when car in front moves in CC after the upgrade.

Would have loved to have lane change assist but seem that's disabled for Australia for unknown reason.
That's good to hear that you haven't had any major issue. iDrive has given me a lot of grief you name it from rebooting whilst driving, temperamental Bluetooth connection etc etc.

Most of them is fixed by .55 update but still disappointed that list of glitches does not end.

I have to say the Autostart feature is very impressive update.

In addition to Lane Change, the automatic speed adoptation and stop-sign and red-light detection is also disabled in Australia which would have been awesome to have.
Appreciate 1
OzJedi107.00
      10-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #74
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
In addition to Lane Change, the automatic speed adoptation and stop-sign and red-light detection is also disabled in Australia which would have been awesome to have.
Not sure if its lack of infrastructure here or software limitations at BMW end is the reason for these features being disabled.

I test drove a new GLE couple of weeks back and lane change assist feature was enabled so I am sure it has nothing to do with regulations.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 01:50 AM   #75
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Quote:
Not sure if its lack of infrastructure here or software limitations at BMW end is the reason for these features being disabled.

I test drove a new GLE couple of weeks back and lane change assist feature was enabled so I am sure it has nothing to do with regulations.
nothing to do with Regs. I have had auto start and lane change on previous vehicles. Hopefully BMW will change policy or Bimmercode will come to the rescue.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:43 AM   #76
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I got 55 last week and may have noticed a small change when using ACC + lane departure.

If I am in the middle lane on a freeway/turnpike with broken lines on both sides the lane departure feature works as expected. The same seems to be true in the right lane with a solid white line on the right.

However, when I am in the left lane with a solid yellow line the lane departure feature pushes me too close to the broken line to my right. I am constantly having to force the car back to the middle of the lane.

I suppose I need to review some of my videos as apparently no one else here has reported this kind of issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 08:54 AM   #77
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Took delivery of a week 40 build M50i at The Performance Center yesterday. It is running .55 .
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #78
AlexDragu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G05

a new version is out 07/2019.70
Appreciate 1
ams317715.00
      10-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #79
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Are you able to post a pic of this from iDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDragu View Post
a new version is out 07/2019.70
      10-30-2019, 05:18 AM   #80
AlexDragu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj452 View Post
i will do today if i don t forgot
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #81
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

In 03/2019.35 I used to get a warning while parking and front getting closer to the curb. Now in .55 I don't get the same warning anymore. I checked but all of my driver assistance settings are enabled.
      10-31-2019, 09:30 PM   #82
elbandito
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x5 40i

Is there any way to get these updates OTA. I am currently running .53; I just picked up my car from the dealer and asked then if I can get an update and they said it can be done over the air. When I go into settings, it says no updates available
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:55 PM   #83
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbandito View Post
Is there any way to get these updates OTA. I am currently running .53; I just picked up my car from the dealer and asked then if I can get an update and they said it can be done over the air. When I go into settings, it says no updates available
No, your dealer is wrong. OTA updates are not available yet. .53 was supposed to introduce the framework for them but it is anybody's guess as to when BMW will start making them available.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #84
Mikli
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05F36F16F82E90E86E46E36E30

I guess remote updates doesn't work yet. All updates are done by Service?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #85
Dex05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 - White/Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj452 View Post
To keep the from organized, please continue 07/2019.70 discussions here :

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1665657

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #86
Dex05
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 - White/Beige

For me after upgrading to 07/2019.55 I don't get the code to link up Connected Drive for my wife as secondary subscriber. I tried to reboot iDrive, deleting both profiles (mine and hers) but code still not coming to the car for her.

For me as primary subscriber the car is already added to ConnectedDrive so I dont need code but for her as secondary subscriber code is not coming.

Any idea?

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 09:35 PM   #87
j.gerbes
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 320i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAS99 View Post
Just updated to .55 and each time I activate active cruise control I get info: "cruise control route details inactive"
Someone knows what it means ?

And no signs of "display assisted driving view when driver assistance is active"
Any clue why?
Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I have been having it since upgrading to .55 also.
Appreciate 0