10-21-2020, 09:32 AM   #45
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobsync View Post
Can you remotely heat/cool the car while it is not plugged in? Thats all I really use remote start for anyway.
Yes if the HV battery is charged sufficiently. Don't know exactly 10-15% I think.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 07:01 AM   #46
PeterPuitG
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

It has to be really low for it not to work. Prior to deliveries in EU most people stated minimum 40% but in practice it works when battery is a lot lower than that. The above stated 10-15% sounds about right but never tested it in that much detail.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 03:19 PM   #47
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

One thing you don't really want is a very low battery and super cold temperatures. First, cold limits how much power you can get out of it (not as bad as with a lead-acid, but still, it will decrease the current capacity), and second, it can take longer initially to charge up if the batteries are cold. The act of charging them warms them, but there's a limit on how fast you can apply power to them when cold, so that gets ramped up.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #48
owine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X5 x45e

As irony would have it, all of my ConnectedDrive services disappeared some time this week. BMW Assist call center says there is a known issue with new models losing/missing their ConnectedDrive services.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #49
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50, 2021 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post
As irony would have it, all of my ConnectedDrive services disappeared some time this week. BMW Assist call center says there is a known issue with new models losing/missing their ConnectedDrive services.
owine Oh you are kidding me! Really?! I am still awaiting my Tuesday service appointment. If you find out anything that says that this can be addressed without servicing, let me know ... if whatever they do next week fixes it, I will report back with what I find...

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 11:01 AM   #50
owine
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve45e View Post
owine Oh you are kidding me! Really?! I am still awaiting my Tuesday service appointment. If you find out anything that says that this can be addressed without servicing, let me know ... if whatever they do next week fixes it, I will report back with what I find...

-Steve
They performed a "refresh" and now everything is showing again. She said this was temporary and that she was placing a ticket with a supervisor for a longer term solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #51
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They performed a "refresh" and now everything is showing again. She said this was temporary and that she was placing a ticket with a supervisor for a longer term solution.
Was this all done online with the BMW Assist phone service, not with your dealer? Once they refreshed, did you need to do an iDrive reset on the car, also?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #52
owine
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Was this all done online with the BMW Assist phone service, not with your dealer? Once they refreshed, did you need to do an iDrive reset on the car, also?
All over the phone, not at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #53
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

The dealer can verify that the hardware is working, but the actual connectivity to the servers is out of their hands.

If you can get any status on the vehicle from the app or online, the hardware is working.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:35 PM   #54
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post
The dealer can verify that the hardware is working, but the actual connectivity to the servers is out of their hands.

If you can get any status on the vehicle from the app or online, the hardware is working.
Yes and I also have a ticket with the ConnectedDrive/BMW Assist team but I think (as does the Genius at our dealer) that the car is “coded wrong” to think it doesn’t have the correct list of services.

In the Car’s menu system, going to Car > General Settings > Data Privacy > Individual Selection, there are only 3 rows under ConnectedDrive:

[X] Safeguard Mobility
[X] My BMW app & Customer portal
[X] BMW Connected Learning

Name:  14F43DBF-1933-4B20-95C9-EE4219D6C31B.jpeg
Views: 1127
Size:  86.0 KB

I bet others have more entries here, and that is why when my car connected to ConnectedDrive it is not adding “Connected Package Professional.” Perhaps owine can confirm that there are other entries there for him (say for Remote 3D View, for example)

Thus, there is a chance they will be able to fix this by “re-coding” the car. On the other hand, maybe it’s purely a server thing, but multiple 70-second resets do not allow the car to list more services...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:34 PM   #55
owine
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad03060 View Post

Yes and I also have a ticket with the ConnectedDrive/BMW Assist team but I think (as does the Genius at our dealer) that the car is “coded wrong” to think it doesn’t have the correct list of services.

In the Car’s menu system, going to Car > General Settings > Data Privacy > Individual Selection, there are only 3 rows under ConnectedDrive:

[X] Safeguard Mobility
[X] My BMW app & Customer portal
[X] BMW Connected Learning

Attachment 2444637

I bet others have more entries here, and that is why when my car connected to ConnectedDrive it is not adding “Connected Package Professional.” Perhaps owine can confirm that there are other entries there for him (say for Remote 3D View, for example)

Thus, there is a chance they will be able to fix this by “re-coding” the car. On the other hand, maybe it’s purely a server thing, but multiple 70-second resets do not allow the car to list more services...
Remote 3D view is the only additional one I have
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #56
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Remote 3D view is the only additional one I have
Ah OK. Less than I expected, but I figure after it gets back from the dealer I should expect at minimum that extra row. Thanks for the screenshot, I will show the dealer when I get there on Tuesday...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 12:37 PM   #57
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah OK. Less than I expected, but I figure after it gets back from the dealer I should expect at minimum that extra row. Thanks for the screenshot, I will show the dealer when I get there on Tuesday...
owine So an update: updating the iDrive software at the dealer did not resolve the issue, but I finally heard back from ConnectedDrive as to what happened... the car was accidentally ordered with the non-US version of Connected Package Professional (6C3) instead of the US version (6C4).

This explains why the car cannot subscribe to Connected Package Professional, and why I don’t have Remote Unlock or Remote Preconditioning etc. They are investigating if a mere software change at the dealer can help change my car’s package... Likely I will need to return to the dealer for another software change — hopefully not anything more.

I am surprised the car ordering system allows dealers to put cars in production with options not compatible with the region in which they are made, but oh well...

Hopefully this may be of helpful to others in case they run into this...
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #58
Caramel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blue car, grey car, white bike

What did it say on your order confirmation? Should have all the option codes listed out.

It's easier to imagine that this is a glitch in the factory, where somebody grabs a 6C3 unit instead of a 6C4 one from the shelf.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:16 PM   #59
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
What did it say on your order confirmation? Should have all the option codes listed out.

It's easier to imagine that this is a glitch in the factory, where somebody grabs a 6C3 unit instead of a 6C4 one from the shelf.
If it relates to recoding, it sounds more like someone checking the wrong box that's right next to the correct box than grabbing the wrong part. Parts nowadays have bar codes and it's basically robots grabbing. If there's human error, someone randomly put the wrong label on the wrong part. Possible, but I think it's much more likely that human error occurred in the coding portion. Whether in designing the ordering website that allows a dealer to check the wrong box or on the factory end where someone clicked something wrong on a computer.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:32 PM   #60
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
If it relates to recoding, it sounds more like someone checking the wrong box that's right next to the correct box than grabbing the wrong part. Parts nowadays have bar codes and it's basically robots grabbing. If there's human error, someone randomly put the wrong label on the wrong part. Possible, but I think it's much more likely that human error occurred in the coding portion. Whether in designing the ordering website that allows a dealer to check the wrong box or on the factory end where someone clicked something wrong on a computer.
My order (which I reviewed) did list the wrong one, but both 6C3 and 6C4 are called “Connected Package Professional” – the difference is which country the software package is for. There may not even be a hardware difference when it comes to parts, in fact I sure hope not!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:36 PM   #61
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep

What does your order sheet look like?

I've got a "Vehicle Inquiry Report" from my CA, but it doesn't list standard features. I've got "Connected Package Pro" listed in the Track My BMW on the website, but it doesn't have the option codes.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #62
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
What does your order sheet look like?

I've got a "Vehicle Inquiry Report" from my CA, but it doesn't list standard features. I've got "Connected Package Pro" listed in the Track My BMW on the website, but it doesn't have the option codes.
My build sheet had many rows, such as:

5AP Decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance
6C3 Connected Package Professional
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility

Apparently that 6C3 row should be 6C4... someone clicked the wrong thing at the dealer...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 01:45 PM   #63
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. Just emailed my CA. I've got both 5AP and 6CP (among many other things), but no 6C3/4. It is listed on the website, but who knows if that just pops up on the website but isn't related to my actual build sheet.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #64
aceman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550ix, 2008 Corvette

Folks, OP Here.

Just an FYI - finally got my situation fixed. Not sure why - but I had to reboot the idrive controller - twice, and finally the app became fully functional.

If anyone has similar issues, i recommend the reboot (press volume key appx 70 seconds, let idrive go blank at least 2x) - remove the app from your phone, reinstall, and see if that corrects the issue.

Aceman
Appreciate 1
pho116.00
      11-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #65
SteveIsles
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My build sheet had many rows, such as:

5AP Decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance
6C3 Connected Package Professional
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility

Apparently that 6C3 row should be 6C4... someone clicked the wrong thing at the dealer...
So, final resolution here: the car was ordered correctly by the dealer but somehow it got switched by BMW in the backend to the wrong region. After BMW ConnectedDrive IT working on it for a week or so, they automatically fixed everything without me even having to go to my vehicle! It “just worked” and the right packages appear on the website, etc. remote climate control now works, as does unlock, lock, honk, and remote 3D View...

Thanks to owine for your help in seeing the difference in packages, which allowed BMW ConnectedDrive to ultimately fix the issue.

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 01:53 PM   #66
ADY282
Private
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang, BMW Z4 and X5e

Climatization

Can you actual set what Temp you want or does the car just work this out ?
Appreciate 0