BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-13-2018, 12:19 AM   #45
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

For all of those experiencing iPhone/iPod problems, it seems as though it's been well covered that it is an issue regardless of device model, but can you elaborate if the problem is isolated to BT or whether it is systemic and also occurs with the phone/pod connected with a cord?
      12-05-2018, 11:53 PM   #46
seattli
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 i50 2019

1-Widget problem weather and news widget appear empty( Blank ) on home screen.
2-ipod must be unplugged then plugged in order for car to see it .
3- Wifi mirroring shuts down before even searches for device.
4- V12 outlet front and rear do not work only in trunk works.
i have the V8 version of x5 2019

other than these issues the suv runs smooth and great ride but these simple annoying problems are irritating .

dealer tried to fix they could not so they ordered parts which then they said there were back ordered so i have to wait
Appreciate 1
JLR052389.50
      12-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #47
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattli View Post
1-Widget problem weather and news widget appear empty( Blank ) on home screen.
2-ipod must be unplugged then plugged in order for car to see it .
3- Wifi mirroring shuts down before even searches for device.
4- V12 outlet front and rear do not work only in trunk works.
i have the V8 version of x5 2019

other than these issues the suv runs smooth and great ride but these simple annoying problems are irritating .

dealer tried to fix they could not so they ordered parts which then they said there were back ordered so i have to wait
I've found that those who should know how to help - geniuses, dealers, BMWNA - don't know how to. I've had to self diagnose a few issues with Connected services. I'm always happy to help. PM me. Might save you another trip to the dealership.
      12-06-2018, 01:54 AM   #48
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Getting ready for problems
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 02:14 AM   #49
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019x5User View Post
Getting ready for problems
It's really not that bad. My "genius" just didn't know how to make my connected svcs work upon delivery. There was a disconnect between service and my genius as another forum member using the same dealership had no problems. I had a hiccup yesterday when remote connected svcs quit working for a while. I had to do some sleuthing and rebuild profiles. Nothing that couldn't be fixed.
      12-06-2018, 04:37 AM   #50
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
It's really not that bad. My "genius" just didn't know how to make my connected svcs work upon delivery. There was a disconnect between service and my genius as another forum member using the same dealership had no problems. I had a hiccup yesterday when remote connected svcs quit working for a while. I had to do some sleuthing and rebuild profiles. Nothing that couldn't be fixed.
Those geniuses struggle, let's face it.

Can you share with me what ailed your vehicle and how you resolved it? For me, SOS and BMW Assist do not successfully communicate from the vehicle. You press the SOS button OR try to access Assist functionality from the iDrive menu, and no call is generated. It does seem that data of some kind is being communicated by the vehicle since SOS services called my personal cell to see if all was well. But voice data (phone calls) is a no go.

Tying into this, the Connected app is not communicating with the vehicle. Location services, address sending, vehicle status and updates, 3d view of surroundings, none of it work.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 04:50 AM   #51
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
First year, especially early production models, tend to have a slew of problems that are resolved later. That's why a lot of people (including myself) avoid first year models.

On another forum, I've been reading about the problems a lot of owners of the new gen Cayenne have been having with their cars with software crashes, component failures and such like and dealers not being able to fix them, and not many cars have been delivered to the UK as yet because of the long production halts at the Porsche factories.

I'll be waiting to well into the 2nd full production year before I'll contemplate a G05 order, given that there won't be a diesel Cayenne option anymore.
      12-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #52
Buckett76
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhammer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhammer View Post
My electric steering wheel adjuster is inoperative. Can't recall with certainty, but I believe it worked initially as I was preparing to depart the dealership. Will check to see if it's not a blown fuse.
Odd.

Locked the car. Unlocked the car. Checked the steering wheel adjuster. It works again. but
Hammer, did this ever pop back up? Mine just did the same thing, locked and unlocked and no adjustment yet. Thankfully it's stuck in my wife's setting but curious if yours was a one time problem or if I should get it checked out assuming it comes back online tomorrow. Thx
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #53
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
just got my X5 2019 yesterday and noticed my Screen Mirroring gives up me on me before evening scanning and my ipod which is connected via type c cable is not recognized i have to un plug then plug every time the car starts so thats 2 issues so far in less than 24 hours.

ipod issue
Screen Mirroring

the issue is attached screen mirror
For your screen mirroring to work, you must first connect to your cars WiFi hotspot.
      12-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #54
PhatBoyG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
Does anyone have a "Playlist" option in iDrive? I only see Artists, Albums, and Tracks. I can't pick a playlist on my iPhone X (iOS 12.1). If I pick it from the phone it plays, and next track works, but I get mixed behavior otherwise.

Bluetooth, FYI.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:14 AM   #55
seattli
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
For your screen mirroring to work, you must first connect to your cars WiFi hotspot.
i tried the wifi on a 7 series worked find u dont have to connected to hot spot just connect to car wifi
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:15 AM   #56
seattli
Kuwait
Rep

New Problem the Widget on home screen for News and Weather Appear Empty but when you go into connected drive apps and into weather and news works fine but NOT as a widget ... anyone facing this new problem ???
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 06:21 AM   #57
PhatBoyG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
Quote:
New Problem the Widget on home screen for News and Weather Appear Empty but when you go into connected drive apps and into weather and news works fine but NOT as a widget ... anyone facing this new problem ???
Saw the same issue last night. Worked earlier in the day just fine.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #58
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hold the volume button down for 30 sec or until the idrive screen restarts.
      12-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #59
mbhammer
Hammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Electric Steering Wheel Adjustment Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckett76 View Post
Hammer, did this ever pop back up? Mine just did the same thing, locked and unlocked and no adjustment yet. Thankfully it's stuck in my wife's setting but curious if yours was a one time problem or if I should get it checked out assuming it comes back online tomorrow. Thx
So far for us, this has been a 1-time issue that seemed to resolve itself with the lock-unlock routine. Good luck to you. (Sry for delayed response; just got back to this thread.)
      12-12-2018, 01:39 AM   #60
seattli
Kuwait
Rep

Quote:
Hold the volume button down for 30 sec or until the idrive screen restarts.
dropped the car at the dealer let them flesh out system and re install software BUT thanks for next time will try the Volume button
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #61
seattli
Kuwait
Rep

system works fine after system flash and update all good except the wifi its w hardware issue and part ordered
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:22 AM   #62
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugabi View Post
Wrong answer. The car is a complete joke. My x5 with 800 miles is a simple disaster. I am enforcing the Lemon Law already.

People- stay away. These clowns saying software update jerk it to BMW magazines. The real truth- BMW should fire every single engineer behind the 2019 X5. I have multiple problems and way back in line at the dealer's service department.
Sorry to hear about your issues. What is your build date?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #63
Charles549
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjchernis View Post
In some twisted way, finding all the glitches is part of the fun. While the iPhone and iDrive seem to be at war with one another, the car drives great compared to my F15.

Tech aside, my biggest gripe is some of the materials feel kind of cheap-o. The doors on the center arm rest and glove box are just awful. My center arm rest actually flexes when you lean on it. Really lame.
Can you give more details. I am getting ready to order but this thread gets me worried they pushed ahead before things were ready.
I suspect by the time you take delivery they will have 95% of the bugs worked out. It's an advanced, splendid drive, get yourself one.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #64
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
i tried the wifi on a 7 series worked find u dont have to connected to hot spot just connect to car wifi
Same with X5. My hotspot isn’t activated but WiFi in car is connected to my devices. I can screen mirror my Note 8.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #65
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just took deliver on mine today and they had to do a software update. Check with your dealer to see if yours has been updated.
Wrong answer. The car is a complete joke. My x5 with 800 miles is a simple disaster. I am enforcing the Lemon Law already.

People- stay away. These clowns saying software update jerk it to BMW magazines. The real truth- BMW should fire every single engineer behind the 2019 X5. I have multiple problems and way back in line at the dealer's service department.
Try to understand that not everyone is having the same problems as you are. We love ours!
      01-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #66
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Try to understand that not everyone is having the same problems as you are. We love ours!
Thanks BMW salesperson. Hope you hit your numbers....Sorry my truth makes it harder for you.
I do anesthesia, that means I put people to sleep for surgery. Getting on here acting like a disgruntled child won't make your situation better. ALL cars have issues these days due to all of the electronics in them. They're nothing like cars 20 years ago. Even a Honda the Holy grail of reliability is plagued with electrical issues. This is my wife's 4th X5 since 2010 and she loves this one the best and I have to agree with her. Spend less time complaining online and more time on the phone with BMW NA so you can get your problems fixed or replaced.
wrickem2101.00
Mark609166.50
mnewnam268.00
frank19x5138.00