BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-04-2020, 02:14 AM   #133
Chill8d
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2020

All fixed. Front number plate was too low and was blocking the radar. As for the owners handbook, the park brake has to be engaged in addition to the normal P.

Some solutions if you have these issues. 😁

Happy days
Appreciate 2
TurtleBoy12883.50
      09-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #134
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill8d View Post
All fixed. Front number plate was too low and was blocking the radar.
You know, you gotta wonder about how some BMW dealer prep the cars, and how familiar they are with their own cars.

I insisted the dealer put slim-line plates on mine with a professional number-plate holder, and it fits perfectly on that centre bumper section.

I wonder what they think that oval-round thing is in the lower bumper?
Appreciate 2
volodp193.50
      05-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #135
Pete7_li
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Hi folks, has anyone recently had an experience with getting the "Driver Assistance Support Reduced" fixed or know if BMW ever issued a TSB. There's a lot of discussion on here about various systems. Mine started acting up a few days ago and it's the side systems. The car is clean, nice weather out, and my last software update (11.2020.64) was a couple months ago, and it seems to act up when I get above 40mph. The system resets back to normal after I turn the car off/on, then it comes back on again once I'm on the road, and so not sure what electronic gremlins are running around now. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 08:02 PM   #136
Kaiowas909
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Got the Driver Assistance Support Reduced error right after picking up my M50i from BMW collision center. They replaced the rear bumper with some other parts including exhaust. I thing paint job was done incorrectly or bumper was installed with wrong parts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 10:42 PM   #137
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
is it possible they messed up the radar sensors with the paintjob (too thick)?
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2021, 06:39 AM   #138
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

The paint could be too thick. There are specifications for the thickness on the sensors and they could have exceeded them.
      07-12-2021, 08:37 AM   #139
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
this is from another thread. if ALC uses the same sensors as LCA, then it would.

To avoid malfunctions in the radar sensors (lane change assist), always observe the following when painting the bumper cover:

- Layer of paint before the sensors must not exceed 150μ
- Filler must not be applied within 25cm of the area of radar sensors.
- Three-coat painting of the cover isn't permitted but only with certified paints.
- Spot repair of the area in front of the sensors is not permitted
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #140
10101X5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

I did get similar message a few times over past few months. In my case, it points to the front camera and suggests it may be blocked and needs cleaning. I didn't see anything blocking and my windshield was as clean as it could be. I wonder what caused it to trigger too.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 07:01 PM   #141
TexasBimmer89
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7_li View Post
Hi folks, has anyone recently had an experience with getting the "Driver Assistance Support Reduced" fixed or know if BMW ever issued a TSB. There's a lot of discussion on here about various systems. Mine started acting up a few days ago and it's the side systems. The car is clean, nice weather out, and my last software update (11.2020.64) was a couple months ago, and it seems to act up when I get above 40mph. The system resets back to normal after I turn the car off/on, then it comes back on again once I'm on the road, and so not sure what electronic gremlins are running around now. Thanks in advance!
Did you ever get this looked at or fixed?

Literally just signed papers yesterday on a 6,000mi X5 and this popped up this afternoon.

Everything was working great, then I got the windows tinted and a few hours later these same messages popped up.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 07:51 PM   #142
Pete7_li
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBimmer89 View Post
Quote:
Did you ever get this looked at or fixed?

Literally just signed papers yesterday on a 6,000mi X5 and this popped up this afternoon.

Everything was working great, then I got the windows tinted and a few hours later these same messages popped up.
Yeah. Mine turned out to be the steering wheel/lane departure vibration sensor that went bad. Replaced under warranty and all has been well. Having said that, there could be many things that may set off the error.

The good thing is that the car and your key will remember each time the error shows up on your nav screen. When I took mine in, the service advisor took my key and placed it in this cradle and pulled up the error messages. Just to be safe, I took a picture of the nav screen error and printed out for them. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #143
TexasBimmer89
Private
Rep

Quote:
"Did you ever get this looked at or fixed?

Everything was working great, then I got the windows tinted and a few hours later these same messages popped up."

Yeah. Mine turned out to be the steering wheel/lane departure vibration sensor that went bad. Replaced under warranty and all has been well. Having said that, there could be many things that may set off the error.

The good thing is that the car and your key will remember each time the error shows up on your nav screen. When I took mine in, the service advisor took my key and placed it in this cradle and pulled up a the error messages. Just to be safe, I took a picture of the nav screen error and printed out for them. Good luck.
That's encouraging. I've got an appointment for Monday.

Just curious, did your steering wheel still "vibrate" when you got the error message? Mine will still warn me that I'm getting outside my lane, but won't correct obviously.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #144
Pete7_li
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
"Did you ever get this looked at or fixed?

Everything was working great, then I got the windows tinted and a few hours later these same messages popped up."

The good thing is that the car and your key will remember each time the error shows up on your nav screen. When I took mine in, the service advisor took my key and placed it in this cradle and pulled up a the error messages. Just to be safe, I took a picture of the nav screen error and printed out for them. Good luck.
That's encouraging. I've got an appointment for Monday.

Just curious, did your steering wheel still "vibrate" when you got the error message? Mine will still warn me that I'm getting outside my lane, but won't correct obviously.
Honestly, I don't remember. Before the error initially popped up, I tend to have the steering assist/lane correction thing set on the least intrusive setting. But after the first time the error popped up, I do remember resetting iDrive though not sure if that resets all the driving assistance systems or not. Between that and turning the car off/on between trips, the error went away temporarily so the system probably went back to all the default settings. Then when the error happened again, I took the car in and they diagnosed it right away.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #145
TexasBimmer89
Private
Rep

Quote:
Honestly, I don't remember. Before the error initially popped up, I tend to have the steering assist/lane correction thing set on the least intrusive setting. But after the first time the error popped up, I do remember resetting iDrive though not sure if that resets all the driving assistance systems or not. Between that and turning the car off/on between trips, the error went away temporarily so the system probably went back to all the default settings. Then when the error happened again, I took the car in and they diagnosed it right away.
Thanks for your replies, I hope mine is a quick fix. The "distance control" for the cruise control still works and all my messages seem to be about features that use assisted steering.

I did noticed my vehicle still has an open recall for a rear camera issue, but I don't think it's related.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #146
BMW_Kama'aina
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i and X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for your replies, I hope mine is a quick fix. The "distance control" for the cruise control still works and all my messages seem to be about features that use assisted steering.

I did noticed my vehicle still has an open recall for a rear camera issue, but I don't think it's related.
I have a new (less than a month old) X5 45e - I starting receiving Driver Assistance Reduced messages this past Saturday while driving on the highway. The “sub” errors related to cross traffic, lane departure, pedestrian detection sensor errors. BMW of Honolulu checked it out today…they diagnosed it and indicated they have fixed the issue…reportedly was due to a misaligned sensor from the factory. Haven’t picked it up yet, but hopefully that addresses the issue...

Last edited by BMW_Kama'aina; 09-01-2021 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #147
Tenchu
Rep
Drives: 21' X5 xDrive45e, 11' 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Kama'aina View Post
I have a new (less than a month old) X5 45e - I starting receiving Driver Assistance Reduced messages this past Saturday while driving on the highway. The “sub” errors related to cross traffic, lane departure, pedestrian detection sensor errors. BMW of Honolulu checked it out today…they diagnosed it and indicated they have fixed the issue…reportedly was due to a misaligned sensor from the factory. Haven’t picked it up yet, but hopefully that addresses the issue...
I have the same issue just popped up the past couple days on my X5 45e. I have the car almost a year and a little more than 10k miles. Good thing I have service next week with oil change, hopefully they can find out what’s wrong with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tenchu; 09-04-2021 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Add photo
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #148
nirmalts
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by memar View Post
I have the same issue with my G05 40i picked up yesterday. The first message popped up at about 60 miles. Now for me that's not really a big issue, i just try to avoid driving into posts or people

But what's really p...ng me off is the fact, that EVERY SINGLE TIME when that message appears, my whole sound-system deactivates itself. There is absolutely no sound in my car after it. So no sound from the turning signals, or Phone, "Hey-BMW", Media or Hint-Sound. Even the parking sensors dont make any beep after it. My car has now been running for 120 miles and i had to drive for about 60 miles without any other sound than the engine...

Does anybody having the same issue ? Because it only appears casually.
I have exactly the same problem one my G30 (530e LCI 2020). It's a used car which I bought from BMW dealership in Munich, Germany and has done only 1250kms. Everything was fine on the day I test drove it. The car had a software version of 03/2020 which I asked to upgrade. When I took delivery the car had the latest 07/2021.50, but none of the driving assistance systems worked since then. It throws all the driver assistance errors as mentioned in this thread. Also as mentioned above, no sound comes up like the startup greet sound (on the plugin-hybrid), no blinker sound, no parking sensor sound etc. BMW says it has something to do with the rear-seat entertainment that I have. But I cannot logically make any relation between the entertainment system and the driver assistance system

Last edited by nirmalts; 10-24-2021 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #149
lake_eleven
Laker
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

I received this warning for the first time immediately when driving back from the dealer after maintenance service. Not sure if it is something related what they do in the service 🤞
Appreciate 0