BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #45
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Mine was about ~73k, but I loaded it. Leather dash + toebar + skylounge I didn't really need but oh hey ;-)

Did the first big trip this WE in Wales, went everywhere, tracks, grass, fords etc and no problem at all. The riseable suspension is awesome, as well as the 3D view, it's really a breeze to shift that boat around, I felt more confident in it that the smaller X3 I drove on these same tracks for 7 years!

We absolutely LOVE the cooled cup-holder, just amazing. But yeah pretty much all the bits and feature are great. There's still a few nags of course (the "Hey BMW" stopped at some point, had to reboot iDrive) -- the ConnectedApp thing is useless, and the AP 2.0 Dashcap app is a piece of crap as well, completely and uterly useless.

But, these are details -- I got a LOT of people looking at the car as I drove along, and not all of them were looking disgusted at the huge kidneys ;-)

Anyway, it got dirty, so I cleaned it. Blimey, who's the blithering idiot who decided such a big car was a good idea!!! :-)

09-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #46
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2016 535D M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by yans View Post
Gents,

Loving the reading up on the X5 chat....

I have a visit scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) morning to potentially do a deal on an X5 30d with tech pack...... they seem to have tech pack and m sport plus pack. What else is a must?

This will fall in line with their 2.9% apr which makes a huge difference to the monthly cost.

I have also been offered 15% discount overall on the one I choose from in the group stock......

But my question is, what extras can I ask for in terms of discount or throwing items in????

How far can i push this?? Could I get 18% discount maybe??

Should I ask them to throw in a as black grill??

The one I test drove had acoustic glazing. You guys got that???
If not , Is yours quiet on the motorway??

Thank you to all in advance ��
Yans.
Much the same as the others and got around 19% discount so work them a bit harder.

Options are always down to personal choice and you'll find everyone tends to recommend what they have optioned. However I'll throw in my tuppence worth.

Tech pack and comfort packs are excellent . Sadly I don't have the latter, In saying that, the sports seats are good, just not as good😀

Assistant plus pack is a good option as it gives you active cruise.

Possibly Laser lights but the standard LED,s are decent enough.

I have the 22's and didn't spec them but now my favourite feature. They complete the look of the car and I don't notice any additional noise, probably helps they are not run flats. Everyone one that see the car immediately compliments the wheels.

Leather dash looks lovely, again I don't have it!

Due to security issues I personally wouldn't spec comfort access but be aware that if you don't then the lower tailgate is not electrically powered.

MSport plus is not something i would go for and artificial sound is all a bit to 'Audi' for me😀

Other options I wouldn't bother with,

Soft close doors
Acoustic glass
Sky lounge
Anything in the rear seats like TV's and 4 zone heating - unless your passengers are contributing to the cost😀
Non standard leather or paint
Massage seats
B&W sound - unless you have won the lottery 😀

As mentioned, this is just my view and others will disagree. However, even if you opt for the base car, you'll still be getting one of the best premium SUV's on the market and I'm confident you'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #47
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon4499 View Post
Due to security issues I personally wouldn't spec comfort access but be aware that if you don't then the lower tailgate is not electrically powered.
The security hole that allowed key grabbers to mimic your comfort access key was plugged last year. Here are some details.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...64&postcount=8
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #48
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Quote:
The security hole that allowed key grabbers to mimic your comfort access key was plugged last year. Here are some details.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...38;postcount=8
That's good to hear.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #49
yans
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 30d MSport Phytonic Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilajio View Post
Like a luxury cabin

Most of my driving is Motorway and the insulation is amazing, you still slightly hear the pitter patter from the run flats, but that's only if there's no music or radio on
Thanks for the feedback very helpful indeed
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #50
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
What spec you looking at?

My mates all got a look at my car yesterday and they're simply astounding by the quality, look, ride at the power is awesome
All I wanted was m sport plus pack and tech pack..... only way without getting carried away money-wise.... as its sooooooooo easy getting carried away.....

Found these items in a carbon black one with sky lounge roof in the end.... With 17% discount and 2.9% apr. Best they could do.

There were 2 other with the above but also visibility pack and comfort pack but I just couldn’t stretch to the extra £4000ish

Deposit left!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #51
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Same here, got about 18% on mine, plus a very generous price on my X3 (which was in very good nick). Plus a few bits and pieces so overall very happy.

Load up the car. Make sure you got tech pack, comfort pack -the seats are incredible- didn't care that much for M-sport-plus myself, the 22" will /definitely/ make a difference to noise in the cabin, the one we tried was quite noisy.
Ours on 20" and the car is incredibly silent, in fact a few times yesterday I felt I was watching a movie with the sound off, it's that silent!

Also try to get High-beam assist -- not necessarily the Lasers, but the Matrix ones; that's what I have and night driving is incredible.
Thanking you sir, notes taken
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #52
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Mine was about ~73k, but I loaded it. Leather dash + toebar + skylounge I didn't really need but oh hey ;-)

Did the first big trip this WE in Wales, went everywhere, tracks, grass, fords etc and no problem at all. The riseable suspension is awesome, as well as the 3D view, it's really a breeze to shift that boat around, I felt more confident in it that the smaller X3 I drove on these same tracks for 7 years!

We absolutely LOVE the cooled cup-holder, just amazing. But yeah pretty much all the bits and feature are great. There's still a few nags of course (the "Hey BMW" stopped at some point, had to reboot iDrive) -- the ConnectedApp thing is useless, and the AP 2.0 Dashcap app is a piece of crap as well, completely and uterly useless.

But, these are details -- I got a LOT of people looking at the car as I drove along, and not all of them were looking disgusted at the huge kidneys ;-)

Anyway, it got dirty, so I cleaned it. Blimey, who's the blithering idiot who decided such a big car was a good idea!!! :-)

Looks fab, sweet choices
I couldn’t quite stretch to £73k
Appreciate 1
buze131.00
      09-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #53
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Much the same as the others and got around 19% discount so work them a bit harder.

Options are always down to personal choice and you'll find everyone tends to recommend what they have optioned. However I'll throw in my tuppence worth.

Tech pack and comfort packs are excellent . Sadly I don't have the latter, In saying that, the sports seats are good, just not as good😀

I have the 22's and didn't spec them but now my favourite feature. They complete the look of the car and I don't notice any additional noise, probably helps they are not run flats. Everyone one that see the car immediately compliments the wheels.

MSport plus is not something i would go for and artificial sound is all a bit to 'Audi' for me😀

Soft close doors
Acoustic glass
Sky lounge
Anything in the rear seats like TV's and 4 zone heating - unless your passengers are contributing to the cost😀
Massage seats

As mentioned, this is just my view and others will disagree. However, even if you opt for the base car, you'll still be getting one of the best premium SUV's on the market and I'm confident you'll love it.
Thanks mate, yes all specc’d up and waiting to see if the stocking dealer will release the car to my dealer ..... nervous times!!!!!

There was almost the perfect one with 22’s but felt nervous going to 22’s!! No idea why
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #54
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Soft close doors
Acoustic glass
Sky lounge
Massage seats

Thanks mate, yes all specc’d up and waiting to see if the stocking dealer will release the car to my dealer ..... nervous times!!!!!

There was almost the perfect one with 22’s but felt nervous going to 22’s!! No idea why
Don't worry mate, they will release it.

No need to be nervous of the 22's - until it's time to replace the tyres that is😀

Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #55
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:

Quote:

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
That's a beauty! Amazing spec! The sky lounge must look amazing at night
buze131.00
      09-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #56
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What spec you looking at?

My mates all got a look at my car yesterday and they're simply astounding by the quality, look, ride at the power is awesome
All I wanted was m sport plus pack and tech pack..... only way without getting carried away money-wise.... as its sooooooooo easy getting carried away.....

Found these items in a carbon black one with sky lounge roof in the end.... With 17% discount and 2.9% apr. Best they could do.

There were 2 other with the above but also visibility pack and comfort pack but I just couldn’t stretch to the extra £4000ish

Deposit left!!!!!!
Quote:

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Great work!

All I wanted when originally looking at a new bmw was the m sport + & tech pack.

However sales person made a mistake on my order and the only car they could source was the 7 seater with travel & comfort pack which didn't cost me anymore, hence the additional discount. So 17% sounds about right.

Carbon black is a stunning colour, I'm excited
For you!
      09-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #57
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Great work!

All I wanted when originally looking at a new bmw was the m sport + & tech pack.

However sales person made a mistake on my order and the only car they could source was the 7 seater with travel & comfort pack which didn't cost me anymore, hence the additional discount. So 17% sounds about right.

For you!
Thanks Bilajio
I’ve also only just realised that because I’ve gone for sport plus pack, the kidney grill will be black...... huge result!!!!!! And the exhaust tips too!!!!!!!

What a beast it’ll look

How are these beasts on fuel!!!???
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #58
AdamL
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacklee View Post
Congratulations guys,
I can't decided 40i or 30d or 45e....
Mainly using in London.
I have got the 40i and it is a stunning engine. Silky smooth and a lovely exhaust note. Getting 28 mpg driving normally and around 31 in eco mode on the motorway at 75. That should get better as the engine breaks in but hey if you are spending £70k on a car then the difference in fuel consumption between petrol and diesel is kind of irrelevant unless you do big miles. The 45e sounds great but you can buy a lot of petrol for the £8k additional cost!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #59
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great work!

For you!
Thanks Bilajio
I’ve also only just realised that because I’ve gone for sport plus pack, the kidney grill will be black...... huge result!!!!!! And the exhaust tips too!!!!!!!

What a beast it’ll look

How are these beasts on fuel!!!???
That's awesome!

Mine is M sport + but with chrome. No idea how that works...

Fuel. So full tank is around £100 and I got 600 miles out of that tank. Mixture of motorway and city driving. Whilst also not being fuel conscious as I was having some fun with it... not too much as she's still breaking in

I reckon once I'm used to it, will get 650ish so around 40mpg
      09-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #60
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
Quote:
Congratulations guys,
Mainly using in London.
I have got the 40i and it is a stunning engine. Silky smooth and a lovely exhaust note. Getting 28 mpg driving normally and around 31 in eco mode on the motorway at 75. That should get better as the engine breaks in but hey if you are spending £70k on a car then the difference in fuel consumption between petrol and diesel is kind of irrelevant unless you do big miles. The 45e sounds great but you can buy a lot of petrol for the £8k additional cost!
Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations guys,
Mainly using in London.

That was my logic, you can't be buying a £65k+ car and worrying about if you're going to get the same economy as a 320d.

I do too many miles to have gone petrol, they sound sooooo good
      09-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #61
yans
Private
Rep

Yes I’m not worried about fuel..... as a family car we don’t do enough to worry about it, and having just sold (thank god) our Discovery Sport HSE , the fuel consumption will be better on the X5 anyway!!!!

The only reason the grill is that on the configurator, the grill is chrome, then when you select the sport plus pack, the image changes and the grill is black..... hmmmmm interesting to see what happens......

What were you guys saying about the latest software for the iDrive? Do I need to ask for an upgrade regardless??

Thank you oh’wise ones
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #62
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

Will go for the 40i.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #63
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

Congratulations!

40i or 30d you pick up?

Quote:

Deposit left!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #64
yans
Private
Rep

30d for me sir (2.9% apr)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #65
yans
Private
Rep

Although now I’ve realised the sport plus pack comes with black grills etc etc I’m thinking if a white X5 would have been a good choice rather than carbon black....... or is white too much on such a big car ... hmmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #66
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Although now I’ve realised the sport plus pack comes with black grills etc etc I’m thinking if a white X5 would have been a good choice rather than carbon black....... or is white too much on such a big car ... hmmmmmm
Quote:
Although now I've realised the sport plus pack comes with black grills etc etc I'm thinking if a white X5 would have been a good choice rather than carbon black....... or is white too much on such a big car ... hmmmmmm
Defo carbon black 100%

Personally not a fan of the white.