Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilajio View Post
Defo carbon black 100%

Personally not a fan of the white.
Agreed, Carbon Black or Artic Grey. I had two F15s in Carbon Black so went for Artic Grey this time and live it. That said CB is still one of my fave colours.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #68
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
Agreed, Carbon Black or Artic Grey. I had two F15s in Carbon Black so went for Artic Grey this time and live it. That said CB is still one of my fave colours.
Or lack of!

Seriously, I was looking at the parking of the BMW dealer when i picked up my car last week, and it's a really sad sight. Black, white, gray. And some random ASBO-grade blue. Mostly in series 1 of course.

That's it.
      09-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #69
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

How about the Phytonic blue with Msport and plus pack.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #70
yans
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 30d MSport Phytonic Blu

Thanks to all of you on the Carbon Black thoughts.... it’s a great colour and you can’t go wrong with it... it’s classy , as is the grey. I’m happy.

I can’t find a pic of carbon black with sport plus pack

If anyone has one.......
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 05:04 PM   #71
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yans View Post
Thanks to all of you on the Carbon Black thoughts.... it’s a great colour and you can’t go wrong with it... it’s classy , as is the grey. I’m happy.

I can’t find a pic of carbon black with sport plus pack

If anyone has one.......
Not hard to imagine, it's black on black on... black wheels with... black stuff around. Very rare and all that ;-)

Funny at the garage I got WAY more looks with mine having Alu instead of shadowline, as *every single car* somehow needs the black shadowline. All of them, showroom, and parking. Huh..
      09-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #72
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacklee View Post
It's called "ASBO" blue, not Phytonic. Basically it's the only non neutral colour you can get. So every kid in council estates dream of that.
      09-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #73
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

Go with the 22s - they make no difference and are NOT run flats - so better ride than smaller wheels that are RF in my view. So long as you have the air suspension the ride is a dream.

Just back from 1,000 miles to Spain - great car for pounding the miles although lacks the excitement of course of the Panamera (wife's car). The X5 is quieter though.

Am questioning my driving as I have not managed to get the mpg above 23...even on the long motorway stretches it is not getting anything like the 28 (and I know we are both talking UK metrics). Something to look out for.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 04:50 AM   #74
c_hri_s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Uhh, say what? I'd always assumed it had runflats?

Mine is fitted with Continental PremiumContact 6 315/30 R22 Y XL and 275/35 R22 Y XL

Without meaning to sound moronic, what do I do if I get a puncture?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 05:40 AM   #75
AdamL
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
Go with the 22s - they make no difference and are NOT run flats - so better ride than smaller wheels that are RF in my view. So long as you have the air suspension the ride is a dream.

Just back from 1,000 miles to Spain - great car for pounding the miles although lacks the excitement of course of the Panamera (wife's car). The X5 is quieter though.

Am questioning my driving as I have not managed to get the mpg above 23...even on the long motorway stretches it is not getting anything like the 28 (and I know we are both talking UK metrics). Something to look out for.
What engine do you have?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:24 AM   #76
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I really don't have problems with run-flats; I drove 7 years with P7's on my X3, done 100k miles, and I had like 4 punctures -- managed to get the tyres repaired everytime, while still being able to drive the car to the garage to do it... I think that's pretty cool.
      09-17-2019, 07:45 AM   #77
Odysseas
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 30d G05

Quote:
Hi All,

Picked up my Sapphire Black G05 on Saturday, got an amazing deal and the upgrade in seating position from a 4 series is breathtaking.

I'm loving all the tech, favourite feature has to be the head up display, can't get enough of it
Cheers!! Hope you enjoy it.

Just got mine few days ago from Park Lane. Was soooo excited. The car travelled only 1200 km since and i already started my visits to BMW. Two days ago the car popped a yellow warning saying that the engine cooler fan is not working. I took the car to the dealership and they said that nothing is wrong with the car and that for the peace of mind they updated the computer software...

My trust for the car is shaken... does this happened to anybody else?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #78
G Whizz UK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 30dMSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
If it's like when I got my G30, weather plays a part - better in warm weather, cold/wet made a few mpg difference - but more importantly, the mileage. At 3k done, I could get high 40s on a long run north; by 10k, low to mid 50s; by 20k, I could occasionally hit 60. Put differently, my full tank range went from 600 to 800 miles.

In my G05 30D, last tank gave me 37mpg.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #79
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseas View Post

Just got mine few days ago from Park Lane. Was soooo excited. The car travelled only 1200 km since and i already started my visits to BMW. Two days ago the car popped a yellow warning saying that the engine cooler fan is not working. I took the car to the dealership and they said that nothing is wrong with the car and that for the peace of mind they updated the computer software...

Yes I've had that engine fan warning a few times. Temp gauge never moved. I took it in last week for a few niggles, mainly lane departure intervention being way too aggressive. Sytner removed the fan to bench test and confirmed no problem found. They updated the software to 07/2019.47 which fixed the lane departure issue and gave me all the new apps. I had to do a couple of calls to the connected drive team as remote view was broken and Spotify would come and go from the media sources but all now sorted
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #80
Gordon4499
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2016 535D M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_hri_s View Post
Uhh, say what? I'd always assumed it had runflats?

Mine is fitted with Continental PremiumContact 6 315/30 R22 Y XL and 275/35 R22 Y XL

Without meaning to sound moronic, what do I do if I get a puncture?
Should be a can of gunk and compressor in the first aid compartment mate
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #81
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Picked up my Sapphire Black G05 on Saturday, got an amazing deal and the upgrade in seating position from a 4 series is breathtaking.

I'm loving all the tech, favourite feature has to be the head up display, can't get enough of it

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Think it takes shine off the experience. But I think buying new cars, especially first year production runs do come with some gremlins. So it helps to have a relationship with your local dealer.

I've got some small issues like the colour of the backlit comfort button not being consistent, but it'll get booked in a fixed.
      09-18-2019, 02:21 AM   #82
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Do you guys in the UK use the car Wifi at all? Have you signed up to that TalkTalk thing that pops up if you try to use the internet?
      09-18-2019, 02:42 AM   #83
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Do you guys in the UK use the car Wifi at all? Have you signed up to that TalkTalk thing that pops up if you try to use the internet?
Nope, not tried using yet
      09-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #84
six
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

I’ve been wondering about the whole WiFi thing. I wish there was simply a SIM slot for your own card. The pricing and data limits are a real turn off for this service.

Especially when devices like iPads see WiFi and start to proceed to do all their updates and cloud services sucking up all the data allowance
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 10:13 AM   #85
Odysseas
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 30d G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
Yes I've had that engine fan warning a few times. Temp gauge never moved. I took it in last week for a few niggles, mainly lane departure intervention being way too aggressive. Sytner removed the fan to bench test and confirmed no problem found. They updated the software to 07/2019.47 which fixed the lane departure issue and gave me all the new apps. I had to do a couple of calls to the connected drive team as remote view was broken and Spotify would come and go from the media sources but all now sorted
It is somehow a relief that now everything is sorted. From the update onwards no fan warning occurred again?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #86
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Mine is at the garage until tomorrow. They are checking on a few things I noticed, and updating the software.
Nags are:
+ A conduit around the harness isn't clipped properly in the boot; won't stay in place when clipped back. Suspect the dashcam install
+ The two Alu boomerangs on the back windows don't /appear/ to be clipped properly, as the rubbber joint goes under/over the lip of them.
+ Front licence plate has a manufacturing defect.

That's about it! So far, I'm lucky!
      09-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #87
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacklee View Post
ANNOYINGLY, my dealer cant get me the Carbon Black beast I left a deposit on..... the holder dealer won't release the car to them....

They've offered me a blue one with the same spec but turned it down earlier...... though looking at pics online tonight I quite like it.... but think long term, black will be safer and more classy...

Wonder what happens if they cant get me the car they promised me that I left a deposit on????? hmmmm..... I am not making do just so they get a sale....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #88
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
It is somehow a relief that now everything is sorted. From the update onwards no fan warning occurred again?
Will they just do a software update if I ask them to before I collect the car? Whats the latest software version please experts?

Thank you
Appreciate 0