BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-05-2020, 07:51 AM   #23
Xmel`
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Hi can you please confirm that DSC_VIP should be coded for normal aSLA working? Or it is not necessarily?
I am on 03/2020.24 now. Using esys with launcher pro 3.7.0.315
And coding of DSC_VIP ends with error.
But aSLA activates and seems to be working.
Please help. What can be the problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 08:08 AM   #24
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmel` View Post
Hi can you please confirm that DSC_VIP should be coded for normal aSLA working? Or it is not necessarily?
I am on 03/2020.24 now. Using esys with launcher pro 3.7.0.315
And coding of DSC_VIP ends with error.
But aSLA activates and seems to be working.
Please help. What can be the problem?
In some tests in Feb 2020, @ifr and a few of us confirmed that DSC_VIP can remain stock for aSLA. So that explains why your coding without DSC_VIP works.

Independent of that, any ESys coding errors are worrying. One possibility is that you are not using quite the latest psdzdata that supports your very recent ISTEP version. Another is that Launcher Pro is not keeping up with mapping changes; ESysX appears to be a bit better with that. Anyway, some ideas — if you get to root cause, it would be valuable to report.
      05-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #25
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
In some tests in Feb 2020, @ifr and a few of us confirmed that DSC_VIP can remain stock for aSLA. So that explains why your coding without DSC_VIP works.

Independent of that, any ESys coding errors are worrying. One possibility is that you are not using quite the latest psdzdata that supports your very recent ISTEP version. Another is that Launcher Pro is not keeping up with mapping changes; ESysX appears to be a bit better with that. Anyway, some ideas — if you get to root cause, it would be valuable to report.
My I-step is 20-03-524 and Im use PSdZData_Lite_v4.22.14
I also don`t like that DSC error.
But is it possible that some sistems will not work correct especially braking?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 11:58 AM   #26
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
What error do you get with VIP? Is it a seed authentication error by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #27
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
What error do you get with VIP? Is it a seed authentication error by any chance?
I've finally coded it. And esys returned with no errors. But it took me several attempts. Thanks for your help.
Is possible to add eTJA somehow to EU cars?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:52 AM   #28
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've finally coded it. And esys returned with no errors. But it took me several attempts. Thanks for your help.
Did you do anything to get DSC_VIP2 to code, or just leave as is? You don't need to code it for aSLA.

eTJA can be coded by adding 5AR to FA and VO Code SAS and HU_MGU, or FDL code:
HU_MGU:
Lenkassistent_DCS: gen_1

SAS2:
C_HOO_Vorhanden: NR001_Vorhanden_Standby (if on i-step 1911 or later)

C_HOO_Vorhanden: NR002_Vorhanden_NoStandby (if on i-step < 1911)

I'm not making an assumption on the value to set C_HOO* to. It's actually build version that it is referring to, so if there is a hardware change and its not just software updates, then NoStandby would be the right choice. No idea on the difference between the two options, which leads to me next point.

It doesn't work for me. It's not because the coding is incorrect, its not, its because the car checks which region it is in and if not supported then doesn't activate. I have not been able to find a land mask or similar that would allow EU country support.
Appreciate 1
Xmel`6.50
      05-06-2020, 04:20 AM   #29
lufan
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 40i G05

Quote:
Did you do anything to get DSC_VIP2 to code, or just leave as is? You don't need to code it for aSLA.

HU_MGU:

SAS2:

I'm not making an assumption on the value to set C_HOO* to. It's actually build version that it is referring to, so if there is a hardware change and its not just software updates, then NoStandby would be the right choice. No idea on the difference between the two options, which leads to me next point.

It doesn't work for me. It's not because the coding is incorrect, its not, its because the car checks which region it is in and if not supported then doesn't activate. I have not been able to find a land mask or similar that would allow EU country support.
Hello IFR, I'm in China. My definition of G05 is that it can only be used on the highway and the speed is lower than 60km / h to start the full automatic driving aid without taking over the steering wheel. I want it to work on any road and speed. I tried to change C_hoo_vorhanden but it didn't work. Do you have a good way
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 05:48 AM   #30
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufan View Post
Hello IFR, I'm in China. My definition of G05 is that it can only be used on the highway and the speed is lower than 60km / h to start the full automatic driving aid without taking over the steering wheel. I want it to work on any road and speed. I tried to change C_hoo_vorhanden but it didn't work. Do you have a good way
No. The codes that worked on the G30 and similar do not work on the G05.

Honestly I think this a good thing. I have held back similar codes as releasing them is irresponsible. The DA system does not currently work well enough to operate on any road at any speed. DA will even disengage when driving on highways if the speed and curve radius is out of tolerance. If your hands are not on or near the wheel at that time, then you are in BIG trouble.

I have also observed that removal of the requirement to regularly touch the wheel causes significant driver disengagement, to the point that they cannot react quickly enough in an emergency situation.
Appreciate 1
Xmel`6.50
      05-06-2020, 06:28 AM   #31
lufan
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 40i G05

Quote:
No. The codes that worked on the G30 and similar do not work on the G05.

Honestly I think this a good thing. I have held back similar codes as releasing them is irresponsible. The DA system does not currently work well enough to operate on any road at any speed. DA will even disengage when driving on highways if the speed and curve radius is out of tolerance. If your hands are not on or near the wheel at that time, then you are in BIG trouble.

I have also observed that removal of the requirement to regularly touch the wheel causes significant driver disengagement, to the point that they cannot react quickly enough in an emergency situation.
Yes, I found it, too. In many cases of large turning angle on the ordinary road, the system will exit the work prompt to take over. But it's almost nonexistent on China's highways. I understand your responsible attitude. Can I send private message? I will test and use it on the premise of security
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 06:51 AM   #32
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry I don't accept PM and all codes that I will release are already in the public domain.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #33
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

HU_MGU:

SAS2:

I've coded DSC_VIP/3D14.
aSLA worked without coding that ECU.
But I was afraid that some braking options will not work.
Finally I have got it.

Do you think it is possible to downgrade firmware of some ECU's to make eTJA work in most of regions? As I have read it was possible on some older firmware.

I also agree that hands free drive is not really safe all the time. The system is not really stable. And in difficult situations it just turns off immediately.

But is it possible to activate full functionality of aSLA with out seatbelt fastened? What are the parameters for that?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #34
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've coded DSC_VIP/3D14.
Finally I have got it.

Do you think it is possible to downgrade firmware of some ECU's to make eTJA work in most of regions? As I have read it was possible on some older firmware.

I also agree that hands free drive is not really safe all the time. The system is not really stable. And in difficult situations it just turns off immediately.

But is it possible to activate full functionality of aSLA with out seatbelt fastened? What are the parameters for that?
eTJA has never worked in all regions on the G05, if anything more regions have been added with later i-step e.g. Japan. If you are talking about downgrading ECU's (!) to a firmware prior to that supported on the G05 then that's a hard no.

I didn't know there was an issue with aSLA and seat belts? I always where my seat belt when driving so wouldn't notice, nor would I look into coding around it.

There must be a method that BMW is using to add extra regions to eTJA as and when a region gets regulatory approval for the hands off function. I just haven't been able to find it and testing is really hard.
Appreciate 2
Xmel`6.50
aMIC31.00
      05-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #35
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've coded DSC_VIP/3D14.
Finally I have got it.

eTJA has never worked in all regions on the G05, if anything more regions have been added with later i-step e.g. Japan. If you are talking about downgrading ECU's (!) to a firmware prior to that supported on the G05 then that's a hard no.

I didn't know there was an issue with aSLA and seat belts? I always where my seat belt when driving so wouldn't notice, nor would I look into coding around it.

There must be a method that BMW is using to add extra regions to eTJA as and when a region gets regulatory approval for the hands off function. I just haven't been able to find it and testing is really hard.
So there's no problem with testing it. I can do it easily. If you could help with parameters? I mean the mask of the region or dome others.

Sorry for the off top but may be you know parameters to code X off road functionality (xsand, xsnow, xrock and so on)?
I have an Msport differential on my m50d and it should be enough for that function. The only thing I don't have is that trigger on central console near that level trigger.
I have also coded that parameters in hu_mgu but they do not show in idrive setting.
Is it possible to manage it with some VO coding?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #36
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So there's no problem with testing it. I can do it easily. If you could help with parameters? I mean the mask of the region or dome others.

Sorry for the off top but may be you know parameters to code X off road functionality (xsand, xsnow, xrock and so on)?
I have an Msport differential on my m50d and it should be enough for that function. The only thing I don't have is that trigger on central console near that level trigger.
I have also coded that parameters in hu_mgu but they do not show in idrive setting.
Is it possible to manage it with some VO coding?
I posted the coding for eTJA above. You already have the candidate land masks set when you coded aSLA just just FDL code the settings in the earlier post.

You could VO Code eTJA but it will wipe your aSLA settings so just FDL code it.

I've not looked into coding offroad features. I assumed it was hardware dependant including a rocker switch/control? If you can evidence that it will work with a coding change I might take a look, but I doubt it is?

Start here, Section 9: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...5&d=1544379644
Appreciate 1
Xmel`6.50
      05-07-2020, 01:58 AM   #37
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

VO Code would be 3E3 to FA and Code 7083, 3E52, 3D0E

Quite a few codes changed but not sure how you can switch modes without a rocker, even assuming you have GHAS?
Appreciate 1
Xmel`6.50
      05-07-2020, 02:45 AM   #38
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
VO Code would be 3E3 to FA and Code 7083, 3E52, 3D0E

Quite a few codes changed but not sure how you can switch modes without a rocker, even assuming you have GHAS?
Thanks a lot for your help. I will check if it is possible.
I thought it could be possible from the xview menu, but it is not a big problem to get one mor rocker. if there is a socket for it))
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      05-08-2020, 06:44 AM   #39
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

HU_MGU:

SAS2:

Quote:
Quote:

HU_MGU:

SAS2:

On i-step 2003 I had only these values
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #40
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I guess you are using Launcher Pro and not esysx?

You are missing the accurate mappings.
Standby is Werte=01
NoStandby is Werte=02

Just use whichever matches
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #41
Xmel`
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Standby is Werte=01
NoStandby is Werte=02

Yes, I use Launcher Pro.
Anyway I have tried them both.
But it doesn't work ((
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #42
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Standby is Werte=01
NoStandby is Werte=02

Yes, I use Launcher Pro.
Anyway I have tried them both.
But it doesn't work ((
Nope same for me. Hard to test and no clues in hu or kombi if it's even active.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 08:28 PM   #43
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Following link for aSLA coding. Verified on US model with 7/2019.55:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U9h...Mds3cFmzt/view

Anyone with questions, answers or recommendations feel free to post...

Credit goes to Eaglesrest...
Would it be possible to repost this cheat sheet? Link is dead.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 02:14 AM   #44
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Try this link. I'll leave it up a couple of days:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ore...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1043.50