Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Cyprus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Dealer had the car for four days + weekend because of replacing the radiator. SA said they had the very latest so now I am sporting 7/2019.55 which I have had for months! In reality, the worksheet does not show anything about a firmware upgrade.
In order for dealer to see the latest available software for your VIN, their ISTA+ should be upgraded to latest version. Maybe you can ask your dealer to update their ISTA+ and then check again?
I was told that 07/2019.55 is also the latest for my vehicle. If ISTA+ is truly the key (saw similar post from LexxM3 ) are the dealers ignoring the release notice from BMW AG(?), if there's any, possibly to avoid the extra service that they'd have to do?

I'll ask my dealer about the ISTA+ upgrade but this to me is not acceptable.
I have a 04/19 prod MY19 50i running version 7/2019.55 and was told it was the latest as well. After several calls to different areas of BMW I was told that the version I'm on and the prod age of the car was preventing delta update (incremental) and that I'd need a cumulative update (full reset of entire vehicle and all settings) to get onto the latest version.

I was given TSB 840120 to have the dealership reference. I ultimately got that from a BMWNA genius via the toll free number after my dealership genius recommended calling them. I haven't pursued it yet.
^ Possibly another reason of many why BMW can't release RSU.

I talked to my dealer again and got different response. They said that the car/customer has to have some issues to warrant an upgrade. This is consistent with the advice I've read on this forum.
      05-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #90
Habsone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Just tell the dealer CarPlay drops out occasionally and you will get your update
Software updated to 03/2020.40 on Wednesday 5/9/20 at the dealership. Thank you russelldav.

I have no idea what does that mean or which additional features were added if any, and where to look. Just wanted to do software update before i start coding with Bimmercode. I drive 2019 50i. Don't have Driving Assistance Professional Package, 2-axle air suspension and DHP.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2020, 09:36 PM   #91
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Did anyone else’s car play randomly just disappear ? I didn’t change any settings but it no longer shows up. Tried uninstalling my phone and rebooting idrive and still same issue. The phone connects to the car with no issues but not able to pull up carplay
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:01 AM   #92
tarquin
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
I was updated to 03/2020.24 last Monday.

Found the first difference:

As before when pre heating the steering wheel heating also turns on. Before if you wanted to turn it of and you pushed the button on the first push nothing would show. Second push would show "steering heating on". Third push off.

Now it directly shows steering wheeling heating off on the first push.

Keep you posted on other differences
Was this an over the air update or did you have it done at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:11 AM   #93
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquin View Post
Quote:

As before when pre heating the steering wheel heating also turns on. Before if you wanted to turn it of and you pushed the button on the first push nothing would show. Second push would show "steering heating on". Third push off.

There is no chance 03/2020.24 was OTA.
      05-10-2020, 12:33 AM   #94
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquin View Post
Quote:

No it was done at the dealer.

I had an OTA update installing the geofencing app for PHEV (e drive zones app) It activates electric drive once you are within a city. The list of cities is updated OTA too

HV battery charge is regulated according to the trip you planned and the city centers you cross.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:40 AM   #95
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

I noticed I am able to plan a trip (multiple destinations) in the connected drive app and to add a destination as a favorite.

I don't know if this is new in 03/2020 or if it was available in idrive 7.0 anyway. I wasn't able to do this in my 6GT with idrive 6.0. I could just search one destination plan the route and send it to the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:43 AM   #96
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Did anyone else’s car play randomly just disappear ? I didn’t change any settings but it no longer shows up. Tried uninstalling my phone and rebooting idrive and still same issue. The phone connects to the car with no issues but not able to pull up carplay
Is it in CarPlay mode in the Idrive configuration?You can chose between I drive mode (CarPlay doesn't show) or CarPlay mode for your phone. I think I drive is the default so probably set back to that after updating.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:45 AM   #97
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did anyone else's car play randomly just disappear ? I didn't change any settings but it no longer shows up. Tried uninstalling my phone and rebooting idrive and still same issue. The phone connects to the car with no issues but not able to pull up carplay
Is it in CarPlay mode in the Idrive configuration?You can chose between I drive mode (CarPlay doesn't show) or CarPlay mode for your phone. I think I drive is the default so probably set back to that after updating.
Yes i also toggled between the 2 just in case it was a glitch but still same issue. Phone shows it's connected to the car under car play settings
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:50 AM   #98
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did anyone else's car play randomly just disappear ? I didn't change any settings but it no longer shows up. Tried uninstalling my phone and rebooting idrive and still same issue. The phone connects to the car with no issues but not able to pull up carplay
Yes i also toggled between the 2 just in case it was a glitch but still same issue. Phone shows it's connected to the car under car play settings
I had some trouble getting connected when I first got my car. The genius had to connect and remove it several times. Maybe you can try that?

Just be carful because I have heard some have had difficulties reconnecting the phone to connected drive after removing it (not receiving the activation code) and needed to call the CD and I don't know if they work on sundays.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:53 AM   #99
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had some trouble getting connected when I first got my car. The genius had to connect and remove it several times. Maybe you can try that?

Just be carful because I have heard some have had difficulties reconnecting the phone to connected drive after removing it (not receiving the activation code) and needed to call the CD and I don't know if they work on sundays.
That was the story of my life when i got the car, to this day I still haven't received my activation code and I picked up the car last Oct. but that's separate from CarPlay, i had that working from day 1. I'll have bmw check it out on my next service appointment at this point. Just sucks not having waze integrates into the screen.
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 01:18 AM   #100
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My CD app was finally activated by calling the CD helpdesk. I never got a code in my car. The activation took 2 minutes. I had to give my vin and e-mail adress.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #101
edtreo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

My installed apps disappeared after the upgrade. Rebooting and reinstalling apps didn’t work. Any ideas?
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2020, 01:38 AM   #102
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtreo View Post
My installed apps disappeared after the upgrade. Rebooting and reinstalling apps didn't work. Any ideas?
Can't help you with that sorry. Maybe try again this morning? Sometimes they just reappear
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 01:40 AM   #103
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

I saw this in the ordering guide: some new features for the 45e:

"From summer 2020, the above-mentioned plug-in hybrid models will also be fitted with an integrated drive-ready sound for electric power as standard. This means that both starting and stopping the electric drive will be accompanied by a distinctive acoustic signal.

In addition there has been an expansion of the range of preconditioning functions, which is also a standard feature. Depending on the equipment fitted, more functions will be available that can be activated remotely by smartphone, in addition to interior cooling and heating. In future it will also be possible to activate the seat climate control before the start of a journey, for example. In the same way it will be possible to include the seat, steering wheel, exterior mirror and rear window heating systems in the preconditioning for heating the interior, as well as heating of the cameras for the driver assistance systems."
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 02:46 AM   #104
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
My installed apps disappeared after the upgrade. Rebooting and reinstalling apps didn't work. Any ideas?
Quote:
this is a common problem. you have to take it back to the dealership for a full clean reinstall from a full clean wipe to install it over again to fix it.
Appreciate 1
edtreo88.50
      06-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #105
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

How do you argue to get BMW to update the software on your cars? I have version 11/2019.70 and wanted BMW to update to the latest (03/2020.xx), but they will not do it. I complained about the heating button (that has to be switched off three times in order to turn off the heating if turned on automatically due to cold weather), and some other stuff (el. seats do not always choose correct profile, KeyCard doesn't always work when trying to close the car), to no avail... They don't think its "major" enough... I live in Norway.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #106
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I'd try removing your vehicle from CD. Then add it back, enter the code from the car, activate remote services, and confirm car privacy is enabled for all. Then do an Update All apps and services, from the apps menu
Appreciate 1
edtreo88.50
      06-07-2020, 03:02 PM   #107
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anterialis View Post
How do you argue to get BMW to update the software on your cars? I have version 11/2019.70 and wanted BMW to update to the latest (03/2020.xx), but they will not do it. I complained about the heating button (that has to be switched off three times in order to turn off the heating if turned on automatically due to cold weather), and some other stuff (el. seats do not always choose correct profile, KeyCard doesn't always work when trying to close the car), to no avail... They don't think its "major" enough... I live in Norway.
To be honest I would wait. I think there will be some changes in 07. That is not so long to wait. And you would then have to do it again.

I went from 07/2019 to 03/2020. The steering wheel heating button is solved indeed but the rest was not so life changing. Some new icons and a bit more fluent driving aids

But once you have been to your dealer you will have some credits for the forgotten option. Try to get 07/2020 while he is installing the active safety seat belts.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #108
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

Good idea, i will try that
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #109
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
The easiest argument is usually "CarPlay keeps dropping" 🤪
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #110
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Quote:
The easiest argument is usually "CarPlay keeps dropping"
or tell them you want Spotify
Appreciate 0