BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-14-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Recent 45e custom order timeline in US

Hello,

I am trying to custom order the 45e and was wondering the recent 45e order timeline (From order to delivery (NorCal is where I am at)). I am trying to get the car by the end of year to be able to get tax benefit early next year but since there is no incentive right now for 45e, I am not sure if I should wait until next month and still be able to get the car before end of the year.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
aceman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550ix, 2008 Corvette

Make sure you pick a dealer with an order already in the system that they can change to a customer ordered car - that will be the quickest and I would think easily attainable before the year.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I answered your question in the other thread but ill answer it here for anyone else who needs its.

if you have an allocation you will get a production number. once your car starts production you are looking at 4-6 weeks till you get it at your dealers.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Placed my order on Saturday and the dealer had various build spots available and the earliest delivery would be within 4 weeks once the dealer marked the build as sold to customer.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 12:23 AM   #5
Finito84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Confirmed my order with the dealer at the end of August, order in the BMW system the first week of September as they were overwhelmed with orders (order has priority 1 - customer sold, but no quota available), still waiting for the VIN and/or production number (they told me I should get it this week), and they estimate that delivery will be mid October.

As far as it is by the end of the year for tax purposes, I do not care exactly when. There might be better incentives at the end of the year, so no rush on my side.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 07:22 PM   #6
zaflb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finito84 View Post
Confirmed my order with the dealer at the end of August, order in the BMW system the first week of September as they were overwhelmed with orders (order has priority 1 - customer sold, but no quota available), still waiting for the VIN and/or production number (they told me I should get it this week), and they estimate that delivery will be mid October.

As far as it is by the end of the year for tax purposes, I do not care exactly when. There might be better incentives at the end of the year, so no rush on my side.
Still waiting for production number? I thought the production should be given at the day you made the order.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 08:16 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

production number comes the day you place the order if you have an allocation. The vin will come later once the car starts/end production.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #8
Finito84
Private
United_States
Rep

Today I got the production number, and not sure when production will start.

Dealer told me that might be ready for mid November.

8/29/20 - Submitted credit application
8/31/20 - Confirmed with the dealer to put the order in the BMW system
9/6/20 - Dealer (fleet department) put the order and sent me the receipt
9/26/20 - Got production number - Order received status (the VIN will be in the production stage)

I suppose if the dealer has allocation available, then, 6-8 weeks might be feasible if you need it by the end of the year.

PS: All the other responses are completely accurate so I would follow their guidance. They have more knowledge than me. I am just a rookie, ordering my first car.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #9
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Today I got the production number, and not sure when production will start.

Dealer told me that might be ready for mid November.

8/29/20 - Submitted credit application
8/31/20 - Confirmed with the dealer to put the order in the BMW system
9/6/20 - Dealer (fleet department) put the order and sent me the receipt
9/26/20 - Got production number - Order received status (the VIN will be in the production stage)

I suppose if the dealer has allocation available, then, 6-8 weeks might be feasible if you need it by the end of the year.

PS: All the other responses are completely accurate so I would follow their guidance. They have more knowledge than me. I am just a rookie, ordering my first car.
I am curious on something you said. Why did you have to submit a credit application prior to ordering? That has never been asked of me at any brand when ordering.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 08:02 PM   #10
Finito84
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
I am curious on something you said. Why did you have to submit a credit application prior to ordering? That has never been asked of me at any brand when ordering.
From what I was told, the credit application had to be in the system in August to get the $2k financing incentive for that month. The dealer had all the information and we wanted to make sure we got the August incentives ($2k financing, $1k loyalty and $1k Ultimate driving).

We did everything almost at the same time (credit application on a Saturday and confirmed the build on a Monday) through the fleet department of the BMW dealer.

Not sure if my response makes sense. If you need more details, send me a private message.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Always been the case for us for both Audi and BMW for the last 15 years across multiple states and dealerships - I guess I've always just assumed the reason is, a dealer isn't going to go to the trouble of ordering a car unless you've proven you can buy it, plus it's required for them to lock in your 60 day deal.

That is, you can't cut a deal until you show the money
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:11 PM   #12
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Always been the case for us for both Audi and BMW for the last 15 years across multiple states and dealerships - I guess I've always just assumed the reason is, a dealer isn't going to go to the trouble of ordering a car unless you've proven you can buy it, plus it's required for them to lock in your 60 day deal.

That is, you can't cut a deal until you show the money
Hmm, never had to do this in TX, nor has my Dad in WI or MN (he was ordering Fords). I did have to put down a $2500 deposit for Porsche, but never anything for my previous BMWs (not even the 45e I just rejected). Oh well, I could move and have this be the case, just had never heard of it.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #13
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
From what I was told, the credit application had to be in the system in August to get the $2k financing incentive for that month. The dealer had all the information and we wanted to make sure we got the August incentives ($2k financing, $1k loyalty and $1k Ultimate driving).

We did everything almost at the same time (credit application on a Saturday and confirmed the build on a Monday) through the fleet department of the BMW dealer.

Not sure if my response makes sense. If you need more details, send me a private message.
Makes complete sense if you were trying to lock in certain incentives. Thanks, I had just never heard of having credit applications run prior to an order before (I am in TX).
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1