09-16-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

Manhart wheels for X5M

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just wondering about switching the wheels on my X5MC - for the Manhart Concave One Rim Set:

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...W10X51.3&c=377

Has anyone changed their X5M wheels for these, or any other in fact? I do like these Manhart wheels but would really like to see them on a car first, as I'm a bit of a chicken ...
Attached Images

09-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Ninefourteener has a different set of wheels as well as a nice video at the end of this thread: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1694019 going into the details of sizing.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #3
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I'll be honest here and I typically fit ALL of my cars with aftermarket wheels. Not many wheels look better than the stock wheels on the X5MC imo especially paired with Marina Bay Blue.

Sure i wish they were 22" all around instead of 21/22 but they just look so good I have trouble finding wheels that doesn't cost over 10K that looks better. Those Manhart wheels remind me of cheaper aftermarket wheels to me and the color would not pop on your car.
      09-17-2020, 03:53 AM   #4
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I'll be honest here and I typically fit ALL of my cars with aftermarket wheels. Not many wheels look better than the stock wheels on the X5MC imo especially paired with Marina Bay Blue.

Sure i wish they were 22" all around instead of 21/22 but they just look so good I have trouble finding wheels that doesn't cost over 10K that looks better. Those Manhart wheels remind me of cheaper aftermarket wheels to me and the color would not pop on your car.

Yes, i agree really ... i've probably just got an itch to mod the car, like i've done with many previous cars, but the X5MC in MBB is pretty much perfect as it is!

it;s a novelty to have a stock car that really requires so little to improve it - so far i've just got the black IND roundels and colour-coded rear reflectors, and de-badged it for a smooth rear.

i'd consider new wheels but as you say the stock ones are really nice, so i'd definitely want to see any new wheels on the market on an MBB X5M before making any change.

i've very conscious of not wanting to over-mod this car, but have realised that half the fun of modding a car is the actual process of getting to the end result ... the X5M is so perfect as stock it's actually taken a little bit of the fun away!!

1st world problems of course ... i consider myself very lucky, and loads of people so far have commented on how classy the car is (mainly the colour, but also wheels / brakes). Enjoy your car ...
      09-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #5
DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.75]
2018 Brabus Smart  [0.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [0.00]
I'll throw my 2 cents in the ring...

I'm all for aftermarket wheels to get the right fitment you're looking for, but don't find the Manhart wheels significantly special to justify the change. As stated, the stock wheels are gorgeous, but I can understand wanting something different.

That said, the Manhart wheels I've seen, just don't take advantage of the offset the X5 offers, which allows for truly "deep concave" wheels. They tend to be flatter than other "deep concave" wheels, and at that rate, I'd pick a different design altogether. Not sure if there's a motivation factor such as TÜV (MOT in the UK I believe) that these would be compliant with, perhaps taking others out of the running. I'd shop around for the right look. Vossen has some great designs that provide much more aggressive fitment, with the "fatter" look I personally prefer.

Ultimately: to each their own. However, the fact there aren't many pictures of the Manharts on X5 shows that they're simply not that good looking as a fitment for our trucks. Perhaps I'm wrong, but until we see actual pictures, I'd pass.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      09-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #6
QF8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6M Competition 2021

If you want something different take your stock wheels and have them powder coated gloss black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MystroX56244.50
HomeIn2322.50
      09-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #7
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

Yes, i agree really ... i've probably just got an itch to mod the car, like i've done with many previous cars, but the X5MC in MBB is pretty much perfect as it is!

it;s a novelty to have a stock car that really requires so little to improve it - so far i've just got the black IND roundels and colour-coded rear reflectors, and de-badged it for a smooth rear.

i'd consider new wheels but as you say the stock ones are really nice, so i'd definitely want to see any new wheels on the market on an MBB X5M before making any change.

i've very conscious of not wanting to over-mod this car, but have realised that half the fun of modding a car is the actual process of getting to the end result ... the X5M is so perfect as stock it's actually taken a little bit of the fun away!!

1st world problems of course ... i consider myself very lucky, and loads of people so far have commented on how classy the car is (mainly the colour, but also wheels / brakes). Enjoy your car ...
Agree on stock wheels looking fantastic. Don't much like those Manhart wheels OP showed a link to. Not special enough and not enough concavity.

Want a mod lower that thing. Wheel gap is huge and the issue on the X5M not the wheels imho

Once lowered it will look more aggressive and wheels will look bigger. If needed then you can look at spacers if needed once it's lowered

BMW did a fantastic job on the X5M

MBB on the X5M is amazing
      09-19-2020, 08:57 PM   #8
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Your wheels are much nicer, I would not change them!

Quote:
Just wondering about switching the wheels on my X5MC - for the Manhart Concave One Rim Set:

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...W10X51.3&c=377

Has anyone changed their X5M wheels for these, or any other in fact? I do like these Manhart wheels but would really like to see them on a car first, as I'm a bit of a chicken ...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #9
r207
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Your wheels are much nicer, I would not change them!

Quote:

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...51.3&c=377

I like the Manhart wheels. I think with a lowering they would look great

Blacking out the standard wheels isn't different, it's what everyone will do eventually when the skuff their rims.

I say be different and go for it
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 04:19 PM   #10
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for comments so far ... i've read all and pondered!!

the rims look good on the urus:

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...lk-matte-black

but, still thinking i'll stick with the stock rims for now
      09-21-2020, 09:42 AM   #11
nesrock@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by QF8 View Post
If you want something different take your stock wheels and have them powder coated gloss black.
I was thinking about doing this also. Can you send a picture with them on the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

At 20kg each, the manhart are pretty heavy. The offset isn't ideal either, the front will be tucked more than the stock wheels and rear will poke out a few mm more.
For the cost of them, you could custom order a set of BC Forged wheels that will be considerably lighter and made specially to fit your car. If you search the user dubsesd on here you'll find someone who has a set from them to get ideas.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 06:59 PM   #13
QF8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6M Competition 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrock@gmail.com View Post
I was thinking about doing this also. Can you send a picture with them on the car?
As requested.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
zjaiz180.00
HomeIn2322.50
      09-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #14
zjaiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MComp

Quote:
Originally Posted by QF8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrock@gmail.com View Post
As requested.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 01:09 PM   #15
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
I'll throw my 2 cents in the ring...

I'm all for aftermarket wheels to get the right fitment you're looking for, but don't find the Manhart wheels significantly special to justify the change. As stated, the stock wheels are gorgeous, but I can understand wanting something different.

That said, the Manhart wheels I've seen, just don't take advantage of the offset the X5 offers, which allows for truly "deep concave" wheels. They tend to be flatter than other "deep concave" wheels, and at that rate, I'd pick a different design altogether. Not sure if there's a motivation factor such as TÜV (MOT in the UK I believe) that these would be compliant with, perhaps taking others out of the running. I'd shop around for the right look. Vossen has some great designs that provide much more aggressive fitment, with the "fatter" look I personally prefer.

Ultimately: to each their own. However, the fact there aren't many pictures of the Manharts on X5 shows that they're simply not that good looking as a fitment for our trucks. Perhaps I'm wrong, but until we see actual pictures, I'd pass.
cheers, got me searching and thinking ...

these vossens (post #43) look very "deep", i'd love something like this deep dish look, but only top quality given its a brand new £100k car!

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1111936&page=2