BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2020, 07:43 PM   #287
CalAcacian
Private First Class
101
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
But the Merc's Party-Mode and the Ferrari Jet-Mode was 100% messy cheating
The Merc's party mode wasn't cheating though... the ban on engine modes was a move by the FIA to prevent all teams from hiding potential engine mode violations from the FIA in different engine maps.

That's completely different by the Ferrari oil burning.
__________________
2018 M2 Mineral Gray

Dinan CAI, Dinan Resonator Delete, Dinan Muffler, Macht Schnell EVC

RKP Diffuser, R1 Design Lip, Phase Carbon Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2020, 08:20 PM   #288
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24215
Rep
13,934
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
The Merc's party mode wasn't cheating though... the ban on engine modes was a move by the FIA to prevent all teams from hiding potential engine mode violations from the FIA in different engine maps.

That's completely different by the Ferrari oil burning.
Well mate , actually it was a smart way to cheat in the grey zone .
As far as I know Red-Bull didn't had a Party-Mode or a Jet-Mode .
Some call it F1 inventions ... Of course !

The 2019 Merc's tire cooling system was also one of them .
Today It's the Mercs DAS . Of course also FIA approved .
What's next ?

One thing is for sure , as you know it makes the Merc's a lot faster than the others !
90 % of the races is a "Merc vs Merc" race ...Actually a GOAT and a grandma with lack of racecraft racing each other !
The million dollar question is : Is it fair for the other teams and drivers in slower cars ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2020, 10:42 PM   #289
CalAcacian
Private First Class
101
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The million dollar question is : Is it fair for the other teams and drivers in slower cars ?
I have to disagree with you there, the million dollar question is: Gentlemen, a short view back to the past. Thirty years ago, Niki Lauda told us ‘take a monkey, place him into the cockpit and he is able to drive the car.’ Thirty years later, Sebastian told us ‘I had to start my car like a computer, it’s very complicated.’ And Nico Rosberg said that during the race – I don’t remember what race - he pressed the wrong button on the wheel. Question for you both: is Formula One driving today too complicated with twenty and more buttons on the wheel, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future concerning the technical programme during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more communication with your engineers?

Jokes aside, I'm hoping that Red Bull buying out the Honda engine IP means that they can start to compete with Mercedes, but I'm not hopeful.

I wish they would just bring the new engine formula up to 2022 instead of 2026. The lack of competition at the front is getting old.
__________________
2018 M2 Mineral Gray

Dinan CAI, Dinan Resonator Delete, Dinan Muffler, Macht Schnell EVC

RKP Diffuser, R1 Design Lip, Phase Carbon Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2020, 02:13 AM   #290
5.M0NSTER
Major
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
1740
Rep
1,407
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT Drivers Pack
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Little north of Stuttgart, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Isn't it past your bedtime? your mummy will not be pleased your still up..well you did say your relentless
So I woke up today, checked the stats, and HAM still has more points than VER, and so does BOT. So new day, but facts still remain. See, a statement backed up by facts. Can you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
You didn't watched the race !
I did actually, just to hear ALB in a braking voice complain that "They are racing me SO hard." My wife looked up and asked: "What did he just say? It's literally his f&^% job!!"

So who do you think will be replacing ALB next?
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 02:29 AM   #291
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
948
Rep
3,766
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
the Ferrari Jet-Mode was 100% messy cheating !
Probably you think that was good for the sport ?
I guess you failed to notice that the Honda PU was also down on power this year after the FIA reset the fuel flow regs.
And who can forget Red Bulls cheating bendy wings saga.
Playing the cheating card only works when the team your driver works for is totally clean and always has been.
Appreciate 2
yco2756.00
MKSixer26706.50

      10-14-2020, 04:18 AM   #292
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7188
Rep
5,454
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
If anyone's playing a cheating card that gets passed it's Merc for sure.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 04:58 AM   #293
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
948
Rep
3,766
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
If anyone's playing a cheating card that gets passed it's Merc for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 05:40 AM   #294
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2756
Rep
2,053
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
A re-badge HONDA PU will be 100% FIA legal ...
But the Merc's Party-Mode and the Ferrari Jet-Mode was 100% messy cheating !
Probably you think that was good for the sport ?

By this the whole 2019 WDC ranking was a joke with false numbers !
Approved by the FIA !!!
mate i didnt say anything concerning your question.. party mode is not cheating.. not all 1.6L engines on traffic have the same performance.. power, rev band power levels, fuel consumption etc is not the same.. very simple terms some can stand/create higher boosts in safe levels.. you know all this.. as long as parameters like fuel flow, oil consumption etc. is in the regulations.. its just better efficiency.. Ferrari's case is totally different.. FIA hide the reason.. even if they re not it creates suspicion.. and more likely there were some tricks just not disclosed for F1 and Ferrari's fame probably..

Red Bull engine and Red Bull staying in F1 is the good thing for the sport.. Red Bull was in a political fight a bit like Merc' is cheating and stuff even if there is nothing to prove they re cheating or something.. water is calmer now but that made a tension between Merc' and Red Bull.. next year there ll be 4 teams with Merc' engine + Renault is like a badly ended marriage with Red Bull.. its like half of the teams can say no if they want and they have their own reasons.. but they wont say no cause it wont be good for anyone in long term..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #295
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24215
Rep
13,934
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post

I did actually, just to hear ALB in a braking voice complain that "They are racing me SO hard." My wife looked up and asked: "What did he just say? It's literally his f&^% job!!"

So who do you think will be replacing ALB next?
Albon's radiator was hit by a rock . Radiator was damaged and he got PU overheating by the lack of cooling .
To save his HONDA PU , Albon had to retire ...

Replacing Albon won't be easy . 52% percent of the Red-Bull shares are Thai !
Albon's situation at Red-Bull is actually a political and financial situation .

One name to replace Albon ? (next season if it's possible) is NICO
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer26706.50

      10-14-2020, 05:58 AM   #296
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24215
Rep
13,934
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
mate i didnt say anything concerning your question.. party mode is not cheating.. not all 1.6L engines on traffic have the same performance.. power, rev band power levels, fuel consumption etc is not the same.. very simple terms some can stand/create higher boosts in safe levels.. you know all this.. as long as parameters like fuel flow, oil consumption etc. is in the regulations.. its just better efficiency.. Ferrari's case is totally different.. FIA hide the reason.. even if they re not it creates suspicion.. and more likely there were some tricks just not disclosed for F1 and Ferrari's fame probably..

Red Bull engine and Red Bull staying in F1 is the good thing for the sport.. Red Bull was in a political fight a bit like Merc' is cheating and stuff even if there is nothing to prove they re cheating or something.. water is calmer now but that made a tension between Merc' and Red Bull.. next year there ll be 4 teams with Merc' engine + Renault is like a badly ended marriage with Red Bull.. its like half of the teams can say no if they want and they have their own reasons.. but they wont say no cause it wont be good for anyone in long term..
Mate look in my post above in #288 : I was talking about the smart "GREY ZONE" !
It's there ! There in that grey zone were all the messy cheating happens !

As you know the FIA = Financial speculation .
The FIA s@cks mate . Someone should ban the FIA !
Meanwhile the FIA is 100% responsible for the boring races of the last 6 seasons !

Jean Todt ! Give me a break !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #297
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
948
Rep
3,766
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Straight from the Schumacher playbook....The Verstappens will insist on any Albon replacement not being too quick.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer26706.50

      10-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #298
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7188
Rep
5,454
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Albon's radiator was hit by a rock . Radiator was damaged and he got PU overheating by the lack of cooling .
To save his HONDA PU , Albon had to retire ...

Replacing Albon won't be easy . 52% percent of the Red-Bull shares are Thai !
Albon's situation at Red-Bull is actually a political and financial situation .

One name to replace Albon ? (next season if it's possible) is NICO
Yes I read that Hulk is an option and he drives well after a lay off.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 06:02 AM   #299
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24215
Rep
13,934
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
If anyone's playing a cheating card that gets passed it's Merc for sure.
My friend spot on ! I couldn't agree more !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 06:03 AM   #300
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
24215
Rep
13,934
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Yes I read that Hulk is an option and he drives well after a lay off.
Exactly my friend
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 06:04 AM   #301
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7188
Rep
5,454
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
150+hp doesn't come from a split turbo,DAS passed and tyre cooling passed so as you read already Todt has black colour under pants as well as red
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 06:21 AM   #302
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
948
Rep
3,766
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
150+hp doesn't come from a split turbo,DAS passed and tyre cooling passed so as you read already Todt has black colour under pants as well as red
So you really think that Merc has 150 extra BHP....seriously?...if so then I want some of whatever you are smoking.
Everyone is free to add DAS their cars and copy whatever tyre cooling system Merc is using.
If its allowed in the regs then its legal.
Having a better (built to the regulations) engine than your competitors isn't cheating.
Now Red Bull designing and using flexible front and rear wings...that was against the regulations and was cheating.

Spot the difference...cheating is when you deliberately break the rules to gain an advantage.
Being better at building an engine within the regulations isn't cheating.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER1740.00
MKSixer26706.50

      10-14-2020, 06:33 AM   #303
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7188
Rep
5,454
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Got to fix a leaking roof now, wish it was as easy as winning a race for Merc with the eyes shut
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #304
5.M0NSTER
Major
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
1740
Rep
1,407
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT Drivers Pack
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Little north of Stuttgart, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Replacing Albon won't be easy . 52% percent of the Red-Bull shares are Thai !
Albon's situation at Red-Bull is actually a political and financial situation .

One name to replace Albon ? (next season if it's possible) is NICO
It would be great to see Nico back again, in something better than a Renault. I think he deserves another shot.
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 08:13 AM   #305
5.M0NSTER
Major
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
1740
Rep
1,407
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT Drivers Pack
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Little north of Stuttgart, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
So you really think that Merc has 150 extra BHP....seriously?...if so then I want some of whatever you are smoking.
Everyone is free to add DAS their cars and copy whatever tyre cooling system Merc is using.
If its allowed in the regs then its legal.
Having a better (built to the regulations) engine than your competitors isn't cheating.
Now Red Bull designing and using flexible front and rear wings...that was against the regulations and was cheating.

Spot the difference...cheating is when you deliberately break the rules to gain an advantage.
Being better at building an engine within the regulations isn't cheating.
Careful now, you're using logical deduction. Perhaps if you find links showing what others think.
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
MKSixer26706.50

      10-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #306
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26707
Rep
10,526
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
I have to disagree with you there, the million dollar question is: Gentlemen, a short view back to the past. Thirty years ago, Niki Lauda told us ‘take a monkey, place him into the cockpit and he is able to drive the car.’ Thirty years later, Sebastian told us ‘I had to start my car like a computer, it’s very complicated.’ And Nico Rosberg said that during the race – I don’t remember what race - he pressed the wrong button on the wheel. Question for you both: is Formula One driving today too complicated with twenty and more buttons on the wheel, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future concerning the technical programme during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more communication with your engineers?

Jokes aside, I'm hoping that Red Bull buying out the Honda engine IP means that they can start to compete with Mercedes, but I'm not hopeful.

I wish they would just bring the new engine formula up to 2022 instead of 2026. The lack of competition at the front is getting old.
Can you repeat the question, please?
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #307
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
26707
Rep
10,526
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
150+hp doesn't come from a split turbo,DAS passed and tyre cooling passed so as you read already Todt has black colour under pants as well as red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
So you really think that Merc has 150 extra BHP....seriously?...if so then I want some of whatever you are smoking.
Everyone is free to add DAS their cars and copy whatever tyre cooling system Merc is using.
If its allowed in the regs then its legal.
Having a better (built to the regulations) engine than your competitors isn't cheating.
Now Red Bull designing and using flexible front and rear wings...that was against the regulations and was cheating.

Spot the difference...cheating is when you deliberately break the rules to gain an advantage.
Being better at building an engine within the regulations isn't cheating.
I find the speculation about Mercedes cheating to be hilarious. Looking at the demographic of Mercedes owners, the risk averse nature of the board, and the downside risk to the brand that may result from cheating, ANYONE who has a modicum of the knowledge of corporate governance would know that it won't happen.

Now let's look at the demographic of a Red Bull customer and their target audience: Red Bull target customer segment represent busy individuals who are overly active in their personal and professional lives and who have are fascinated by extreme sports. Red Bull can, has, and will tolerate cheating. It may actually enhance the brand.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 95 Wins. 98 Pole Positions. 53 Fastest Laps. Rain Master.
Remember, 2 Pole Positions, 9 Wins and 10 Fastest Laps after 5 years in a top team are mediocre results. You know who you are.
Appreciate 1
yco2756.00

      10-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #308
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
FuzzyPeaches's Avatar
358
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
150+hp doesn't come from a split turbo,DAS passed and tyre cooling passed so as you read already Todt has black colour under pants as well as red
Since we're leaving stuff here....

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/64680...-the-w11-.html

"Honda is closest to Mercedes when it comes to pure power. The engine manufacturer is 28 HP behind. Renault now lags 37 HP, while Ferrari has 42 less HP to use than Mercedes."
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST