United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
just get a jb4 and call it a day
You know I am highly considering it. I just don’t feel comfortable with those timing (KR) drops showing up in your logs.
At the end of the day, I've had Jb4 on my previous 4 bmw's and not 1 issue. Maybe I'm just lucky
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #24
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
At the end of the day, I've had Jb4 on my previous 4 bmw's and not 1 issue. Maybe I'm just lucky
These forums are sadly turning super toxic. Like you, I live in the real world and enjoy whatever decisions I make. I may just decide on my own and enjoy. I used to feel like this forum was helpful, but it has turned into a toxic cesspool of negativity and that just isn't me.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #25
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
You still didn’t even respond to the obvious documentation that contradicts exactly what you claimed.
The difference is mine isn't an opinion, it's legal fact - versus what you're saying which is tuner marketing taken from sales collateral and hearsay from people profiting from you with no downside to filling your head full of tuner-bro mumbo jumbo.

If you want documentation, actually read your warranty and then hire a lawyer to tell you what it actually means.

Taking legal advice from salesmen is no way to go through life son.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #26
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
These forums are sadly turning super toxic. Like you, I live in the real world and enjoy whatever decisions I make. I may just decide on my own and enjoy. I used to feel like this forum was helpful, but it has turned into a toxic cesspool of negativity and that just isn't me.
This forum has an awesome and well-functioning ignore function. And it's never valid to paint everyone with a the same brush. To be clear, I am not taking sides (as I don't know enough about it to take a side with any credibility) and this comment applies to all participants in this thread (I suppose including me :-).
      10-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #27
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
This forum has an awesome and well-functioning ignore function. And it's never valid to paint everyone with a the same brush. To be clear, I am not taking sides (as I don't know enough about it to take a side with any credibility) and this comment applies to all participants in this thread (I suppose including me :-).
You seem like a good dude and I agree there are plenty of good guys. That said, the mods allowing the toxic culture causes this to no longer be fun.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #28
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep

As for the thread, I am asking mods to delete it. Enjoy whatever tune you guys choose.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 05:05 PM   #29
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
I will be ordering my JB4 soon and looking forward to playing around with it and hopefully getting the EWG connections up and running. How is yours working out so far?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #30
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

This forum is not "super toxic" at all. If it is, it's because you started a thread insulting other's choices, while elevating your own. What do you expect?

You've deleted your original post, but you opened the post with something along the lines of "Those Euro guys made bad choices and nuked their warrantee, but I found a better option that offers a full factory warrantee"

It's also not the first time you've done it. You attacked me when I posted my Dynotune experience months ago. You argued the numbers relentlessly, belittled my choices, and then personally insulted me by insinuating I had no automotive knowledge.

In both instances..... you were called out, and then "backtracked" on your aggression, or deleted the post entirely to take the "high ground" with a statement like "just do whatever makes you happy", as if to shift the accountability to others.. when you were the one that created an opinionated and insulting thread/comment in the first place.

I've posted no less than 6 YouTube videos requested by other members. I've written at least 5 tutorials on parts installations, I've shared every experience I've had to anyone that wants to learn, and I've documented every part I've ever bought, with part numbers and the source, for anyone that is thinking about purchasing the same parts. Incidentally, I've also learned things from several other members on here as well. I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know or understand something. Humility is a strong character trait.

Yet, you're always quick to belittle my choices, and even quicker to provide a "I would have done it better" narrative... every time. I've seen you do it to other people as well.

Back in my day, we used to refer to people like that as "one-uppers":

Other than belittle people, insult people, or relentlessly argue your opinion..... what have you done to contribute to the community?

This forum isn't toxic. This forum is one of the better ones I've been a member of. You.... are the toxic one.
Appreciate 7
GlennC321.00
X5 45e1077.00
DBV768.00
pho116.00
GrussGott18113.00
      10-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #31
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
This forum is not "super toxic" at all. If it is, it's because you started a thread insulting other's choices, while elevating your own. What do you expect?

You've deleted your original post, but you opened the post with something along the lines of "Those Euro guys made bad choices and nuked their warrantee, but I found a better option that offers a full factory warrantee"

It's also not the first time you've done it. You attacked me when I posted my Dynotune experience months ago. You argued the numbers relentlessly, belittled my choices, and then personally insulted me by insinuating I had no automotive knowledge.

In both instances..... you were called out, and then "backtracked" on your aggression, or deleted the post entirely to take the "high ground" with a statement like "just do whatever makes you happy", as if to shift the accountability to others.. when you were the one that created an opinionated and insulting thread/comment in the first place.

I've posted no less than 6 YouTube videos requested by other members. I've written at least 5 tutorials on parts installations, I've shared every experience I've had to anyone that wants to learn, and I've documented every part I've ever bought, with part numbers and the source, for anyone that is thinking about purchasing the same parts. Incidentally, I've also learned things from several other members on here as well. I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know or understand something. Humility is a strong character trait.

Yet, you're always quick to belittle my choices, and even quicker to provide a "I would have done it better" narrative... every time. I've seen you do it to other people as well.

Other than belittle people, insult people, or relentlessly argue your opinion..... what have you done to contribute to the community?

This forum isn't toxic. This forum is one of the better ones I've been a member of. You.... are the toxic one.
I am certain that I speak for many others here on this forum when I thank you for taking the time to document your modifications with vids., text, and pics. You do a great job and it is interesting to follow what you have to done to your X5. We all do things a little differently in our own lives and that is what makes us the individuals that we are.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18113.00
      10-10-2020, 10:26 PM   #32
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post

I will take your quote from the X5M tune thread and leave it for the forums to digest your knowledge of DI motors.

Quote:
These are aggressive tunes, with fuel injectors nearing their max flow capacity.
The reason I am a not a fan of yours is your blatant lack of knowledge of tuning, yet you come on here and pretend you know what you are talking about. It’s obvious you don’t even understand how a DI motor works with comments like that. It’s like you are operating with knowledge of motors that were EFI from 20 years ago. There is a reason that most of the BMW crew has targeted upgrading the HPFP not the injectors. All this said, you make comments like that and I am not going to lie that it does bother me.

I will give you an opportunity to validate that comment. Post one shred of evidence to support “fuel injectors are maxed”. Just one. Not some guy told you. Not my tuner said. Logs, AFR, rail pressures, or any evidence. You can’t because that statement is blatantly wrong.

All that said, I agree that you do offer a TON to the forums. You have posted a TON of valuable info on plenty of mods. You have helped far more members here than I have. My biggest contribution is the “coding ambient lighting color” that was featured here by Bimmerpost. You are more valuable to the forums than I am and that is a fact I won’t dispute.

I have tried to be civil towards you. I agree that I could have just let some of that stuff go and it probably would have been a better conversation. I should have stayed out of those posts and that is my fault.

IMO what has made forums more and more toxic is the tuner wars. Anyone with real knowledge of these forums knows it originated with the Shiv vs Terry battles. It continued when Dzenno and Jake left to create their own platform. These divisions are perpetuated today with my tune is better than yours and I will bash anyone that chooses something different. People are in different phases of life and one tune may be better for one person while another is better for another. You won’t see the toxicity in wheels and tires or cosmetic mods or coding, but you ALWAYS see it in the tuning. I asked for this post to be deleted because I realized tuner wars will never end. I should just focus on other parts of this forum where it is enthusiasts working together rather than bashing each other.

It is your thread from here boss. I will be focusing on other parts of the forum.

Last edited by 130FeetDeep; 10-10-2020 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 04:25 AM   #33
DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.75]
2018 Brabus Smart  [0.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
It seems to me, it's more that you just didn't like the response to your posts.

Quote:
just get a jb4 and call it a day

Quote:
You seem like a good dude and I agree there are plenty of good guys. That said, the mods allowing the toxic culture causes this to no longer be fun.
Toxic culture? All I'm reading/seeing here is a difference of opinion. If you create a post or comment on another with an argument that contradicts another members opinion, it's perfectly normal to expect some feathers to be ruffled.

Quote:
I have tried to be civil towards you. I agree that I could have just let some of that stuff go and it probably would have been a better conversation.
Excellent statement. However, a diversity of opinion and a healthy exchange of ideas is the core foundation of a community like this. I encourage you to contribute, comment and even more: state your truth. Just don't get butt hurt when people don't agree or defend their own.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #34
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anyone else think "Mods please delete" is all-time best ever title for a thread in the tuning forum? It could be sponsored by BMWNA's lawyers: "Mods. please delete"
Appreciate 2
GlennC321.00
DBV768.00
      10-12-2020, 06:06 AM   #35
DBV
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.75]
2021 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Anyone else think "Mods please delete" is all-time best ever title for a thread in the tuning forum? It could be sponsored by BMWNA's lawyers: "Mods. please delete"
Agreed. Especially considering the diatribe posted by the OP.

But hey, it's YOUR thread now, remember?
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      10-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #36
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This is a very favorable endorsement with credibility as it is based on multiple personal experiences.
It sounds as if the JB4 has worked well for you with your M50i also.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #37
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

How about we all chill out, this forum is to help each other. If you guys don't agree on something then just move on
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #38
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
The worst thing about taking ownership of a thread is all the paperwork - I'm still waiting for the final closing date and lawyers are so busy they just hang up on you.

Last edited by GrussGott; 10-13-2020 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
Helius16.50
      10-15-2020, 03:41 AM   #39
DBV
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.75]
2021 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
The worst thing about taking ownership of a thread is all the paperwork - I'm still waiting for the final closing date and lawyers are so busy they just hang up on you.
Appreciate 0