BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-10-2020, 10:53 AM   #23
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Who is leasing your car? Are you an independent worker and living in Flanders?

It might be a better option to de a renting with your bank and putting on your own name in Flanders.

I have an operational renting with my bank. The car is on my name. I have summer tires, maintenance and service at a better price than BMW and no buying obligation after 4 y, 30% rest value. Also quite a good deal on insurance with the same bank.

There was some one from Flanders also leasing and asking the same question.

I checked my inscription form to be sure and was glad to see I have the full 210 Kw/285 pk of the ICE. Some how it only takes the ICE power in account not the electric. Same for insurance.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #24
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

I had an f15 40e before and that car had 313 hp. I must say I prefer power of the 45e. The difference was quite obvious.

I don't know if it the 6 in-line vs 4. Or the higher torque of the 45e ( I think 450 vs 600 nm) that you still have. Or just more hp.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #25
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by biterror View Post
It has been discussed here before that for tax reasons they are limiting the engine power in Belgium.
Not in Belgium. Only in the French speaking part Wallonia. The Dutch speaking part in Flanders do get all the power
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #26
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr View Post
I ordered my g05, leasing. For the ones who don't know - like me before buying - I found the nice surprise of the power reduction from 394 to 310hp (155kw).

To switch back to the normal version they asked me an insane amount of money. I am very concerned to spend them or not. I have been told that it drives the same but it's just bullshit. with 1sec 0-100 more and max speed 200km/h ... the combustion engine lowered to 209hp, it cannot obviously be the same.

I asked around and got contrasting feedbacks! I asked to test drive it and there are no 'belgian downgraded' version in the whole BENELUX dealers network - obviously nobody wants them for test drive.

feel very unconfortable to buy blackbox.

i did some search and got some info on this form by cool people and looks like the reduction is done horribly by cutting power and torque above 3000rpm... it's really castration of a great petrol engine, just ecu software obviously.

An original splendid engine from the 40i, designed to deliver more than 380hp on his own, already limited to fit the electric boost ... how to castrate it even more to 209hp? here you know... Finally, I found this: http://www.autotuner-tool.com/fr/log...4e2aa2efa24240

BMW tells you that the car drives the same as it still has the same torque of 600nm but according to this dump, it's pure bullshit, it's a scam. here you see a max of 454nm at 3400rpm then the car dies out. I also heard that it's like pulling the handbrake after 3000.

This is not acceptable, I am ordering 98k euro car and I cannot get a sense of reality. I am not after the extreme performance but after a pleasant dynamic driving experience aligned with the level and the weight of this car.

Please if you have the 'downgraded version' can you please, please, help me: give me your opinion on how it drives, perhaps you could film the acceleration above 3000rpm and send it prv? help... there is nothing, not a press article, not a video on youtube.. it's just a stupid tax reason to allow BMW to keep selling cars for corp fleets.

I really appreciate your help... and hope to make a decision soon.
For the normal version, the leasing company asked me +6550 eur more on 4years upfront of the registration tax higher than 2.5k. It's a rip-off...

Normal when you live in Brussels or Wallonia or when you leased your car.

On the other hand they should have clearly told or warned you.

Do you have a signed order with the full powered engine? Did they ever told you or made you sign anything that says the engine will be reduced in power?

If not I would refuse the car. No doubt they will make it hard for you to do so. Consult a lawyer.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:12 PM   #27
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
nobody with the depowered version on that forum full of belgians?? :O
I have one. Did a financial renting, registered it on my name in Flanders.

Feel free to drop by when you are close to Hasselt.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #28
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Quote:
nobody with the depowered version on that forum full of belgians?? :O
I have one. Did a financial renting, registered it on my name in Flanders.

Feel free to drop by when you are close to Hasselt.
If it is a renting and it is on your own name / company you don't need to have the reduced one. It doesn't matter in Flanders.
Attached Images

Last edited by X5 45e; 10-10-2020 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #29
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
If it is a renting and it is on your own name / company you don't need have the reduced one. It doesn't matter in Flanders.
Sorry misread it. Thought he was asking for test driving the full powered version.
Appreciate 1
X5 45e1090.50
      10-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #30
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If it is a renting and it is on your own name / company you don't need have the reduced one. It doesn't matter in Flanders.
Sorry misread it. Thought he was asking for test driving the full powered version.
I am glad. I thought you were driving around in a reduced version because of mis information. 👍.

For OP. I think in the other thread it was mentioned that the rest value of the depowered version was higher hence the difference in price.

And maybe it is also the insurance that is more expensive for the full power version? My 45e is cheaper than the 640d GT I had before. The same price but for the 45e the insurance is based on 210 kw of the ICE and for the 640d 235 kw.

So the extra 2.5 K tax + a bit more expensive insurance x 4 years and lower rest value may be 6,5 K? Maybe it needs some negotiation.

On the other hand 6,5 K over 4 years is maybe not worth it to drive with a very expensive car that could have better. And since you are thinking about it now you will also be the next 4 years. It is a lot of money and it feels like you are screwed. But I presume when leasing in this price range you won't eat a sandwich less?

Like you mention. Try a reduced one before you decide.

And if you are able to rent go for that option and put it on your own name.
Appreciate 1
W0ut243.50
      10-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #31
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Some extra info to everything in perspective if you do decide for the lower power version:

The 45e makes you drive more at ease and I rarely use all the power.

+ 200 km/h in Germany I am not doing anymore. Fuel economy goes through the roof. The time won is lost with the extra fuel stop.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #32
Chrudosh
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

If ordered on your name in Flanders, this line should be in the orderconfirmation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 03:25 AM   #33
vr
Rep
Drives: 5 G30

Quote:

Do you have a signed order with the full powered engine? Did they ever told you or made you sign anything that says the engine will be reduced in power?

If not I would refuse the car. No doubt they will make it hard for you to do so. Consult a lawyer.
car is ordered with the depower, but i am still on time to change if i agree on paying the extra 6.5k.. in reality, it went badly as i wasn't informed about the reduction BUT it was in the offer I signed. I noticed after, when I tried to make sense of the code 843 I discovered there was a reduced power version. As many others, I didn't know...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 03:53 AM   #34
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

car is ordered with the depower, but i am still on time to change if i agree on paying the extra 6.5k.. in reality, it went badly as i wasn't informed about the reduction BUT it was in the offer I signed. I noticed after, when I tried to make sense of the code 843 I discovered there was a reduced power version. As many others, I didn't know...
Lets do the selling a TV on credit trick 6500/48 = only 135 € a month. I presume on your monthly income it won't make a big difference. It is still 6.5 K I know but it doesn't feel so bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 04:19 AM   #35
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
If it is an order code 843, what happens if you simply delete 843 from the order code using e-sys software or third party coder? Will this remove the ecu restriction? Lots of features are restricted by software eg enhanced Bluetooth. I added the order code for enhanced Bluetooth to my previous f15s and the wife's f25.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 05:24 AM   #36
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
If it is an order code 843, what happens if you simply delete 843 from the order code using e-sys software or third party coder? Will this remove the ecu restriction? Lots of features are restricted by software eg enhanced Bluetooth. I added the order code for enhanced Bluetooth to my previous f15s and the wife's f25.
You can remove 843 with e-sys but that won't change a thing. After removing you also need to reflash the DDE, a bit harder to do with non professional equipment and if it goes wrong it will be an expensive bill.

OP just needs to find a German dealer just over the border willing to do the reflash.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 07:19 AM   #37
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
Hi vr
I don’t understand where you got the limited engine from. Looking at the online confit it says 394hp
It has been discussed here before that for tax reasons they are limiting the engine power in Belgium.
Government charge tax based on hp?

wow... feel sorry for Belgian owners.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 08:12 AM   #38
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi vr
I don't understand where you got the limited engine from. Looking at the online confit it says 394hp

It's not just Belgium. Most EU base their tax on engine volume, CO2 and or weight.

Anything bigger than a 3 liter diesel (lower CO2 than gasoline) is impossible to drive unless as a PHEV. Or if you want to pay the taxes / have tax evasion tricks.

Hardly and new V8 sold over here (sounds like Mad Max, the last V8)

It would be a very long discussion if going electric is as green as we would like it to be. Or even if smaller engines are better (a 3 liter diesel working at half the power might be less polluting than a 1.5 with 2 turbo's at full power)

Lots of PHEV that are never charged so just driving around with 200 kg of batteries in the trunk.

Our new government has decided that from 2026 all company cars need to be electric. I hope by they have a battery with a real 600 km range and better charging infrastructure.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #39
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi vr
I don't understand where you got the limited engine from. Looking at the online confit it says 394hp

It's not just Belgium. Most EU base their tax on engine volume, CO2 and or weight.

Anything bigger than a 3 liter diesel (lower CO2 than gasoline) is impossible to drive unless as a PHEV. Or if you want to pay the taxes / have tax evasion tricks.

It would be a very long discussion if going electric is as green as we would like it to be. Or even if smaller engines are better (a 3 liter diesel working at half the power might be less polluting than a 1.5 with 2 turbo's at full power)

Lots of PHEV that are never charged so just driving around with 200 kg of batteries in the trunk.

Our new government has decided that from 2026 all company cars need to be electric. I hope by they have a battery with a real 600 km range and better charging infrastructure.
I guess you don't have many X5 M there which is probably a good thing
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #40
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi vr

I guess you don't have many X5 M there which is probably a good thing
I only saw one and that was last week in Donington Grey but they are sparse.

Great color by the way, would have loved it for my 45e.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 03:56 AM   #41
vr
Rep

Quote:

I would even tell you more... there is even worse than Belgium. I don't know if anything change but, a few years ago in Italy, the dealers were forced to communicate the list of buyers of cars with an engine above the 2000cc to the tax office.

The poor buyer, private or business, was ending in the list of fiscal checks for tax evasions and often in really deep shit.
This a little story on how the government can completely kill sales of cars in an entire country. For a while, italians were going to Germany to rent (so car registered and with plate in Germany - and registration taxes paid there) .... yeaahhh

A friend of mine had 12 years of legal actions for a purchase of an Z3 with the 3 liters engine... paid 60k, fined for 200k and that's why you look at Italian market, only 2000cc diesel sold for 10 years, all the possible variants of 2000...

M5? and similar toys, just dreams for a few very very rich people
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 07:08 AM   #42
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I would even tell you more... there is even worse than Belgium. I don't know if anything change but, a few years ago in Italy, the dealers were forced to communicate the list of buyers of cars with an engine above the 2000cc to the tax office.

The poor buyer, private or business, was ending in the list of fiscal checks for tax evasions and often in really deep shit.
This a little story on how the government can completely kill sales of cars in an entire country. For a while, italians were going to Germany to rent (so car registered and with plate in Germany - and registration taxes paid there) .... yeaahhh

A friend of mine had 12 years of legal actions for a purchase of an Z3 with the 3 liters engine... paid 60k, fined for 200k and that's why you look at Italian market, only 2000cc diesel sold for 10 years, all the possible variants of 2000...

M5? and similar toys, just dreams for a few very very rich people
What happened to Ferrari and Lamborghini with their signiture V12? No Italian buying these?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #43
Biemer69
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Hello all, do you know there is a Belgian facebook page
Bmw x5 45e Belgium
Appreciate 1
xigolle39.00
      10-12-2020, 09:13 AM   #44
vr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biemer69 View Post
Bmw x5 45e Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biemer69 View Post
Bmw x5 45e Belgium
Thx .. no I didn't know
just signed up....

Last edited by vr; 10-12-2020 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0