10-24-2020, 05:45 PM   #1
Dinki_Di
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 30d

Question 22" BMW Individual light alloy wheels V-spoke 746, on X5 30d l

Hi All,

Looking to buy a X5 30d with this configuration(22 inch BMW Individual Lt/Aly wheels V -spoke 756 I/MT),

I am worried about the possible bumpy drive with 22 inch wheels with low profile/less rubber on the 22" wheels. I do mostly City/Town driving and occasionally on Motorways mostly in NSW.

The vehicle has NO air suspension and cannot be added on as per the dealer, but has got the Adaptive M Suspension.

I am a novice and first time venturing into BMW cars.
Your help and advice is highly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
DENtoLAS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinki_Di View Post
Hi All,

Looking to buy a X5 30d with this configuration(22 inch BMW Individual Lt/Aly wheels V -spoke 756 I/MT),

I am worried about the possible bumpy drive with 22 inch wheels with low profile/less rubber on the 22" wheels. I do mostly City/Town driving and occasionally on Motorways mostly in NSW.

The vehicle has NO air suspension and cannot be added on as per the dealer, but has got the Adaptive M Suspension.

I am a novice and first time venturing into BMW cars.
Your help and advice is highly appreciated. Thanks
The 22s come with non run-flats which should make them not as bumpy as you expect. Everyone has only said good things about the ride quality of the 22s, including those without air suspension.

Last edited by DENtoLAS; 10-29-2020 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
Dinki_Di
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENtoLAS View Post
The 22s come with non run-flats which should make them not as bumpy as you expect. Everyone has only said good things about the ride quality of the 22s, including those without air suspension.
Thanks very much for your feedback. When I took it for a test drive felt the vibrations on the foot, legs and steering wheels. Is it common or am I too sensitive noticing it?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 05:19 AM   #4
andydon99
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 xDrive30d M Sport

I've these wheels, BMW X5 G05 30d M Sport 2020 model, find ride very good and no vibrations (that I've felt). Definitely smoother ride than the run flats i drove during test drive.
I do mainly freeway/city/town road driving. Had car 6 months, great car and has been great fun to drive.
Appreciate 0