BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-25-2020, 04:13 AM   #1
EV77
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Favorite radio station buttons (1-8) become unassigned

Hi all. I have assigned my favorite radio stations from 1 to 8 buttons to my driver's profile. In few occasions (when I havent used the car for a day) the stations disappeared and I had to assign them all over again. Anybody else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 04:54 AM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV77 View Post
Hi all. I have assigned my favorite radio stations from 1 to 8 buttons to my driver's profile. In few occasions (when I havent used the car for a day) the stations disappeared and I had to assign them all over again. Anybody else experienced this?
Did you change your drivers profile? Or opened the car with another key?

Are all other preset functions erased too? Seat position, interior color, home adres, ...

On one occasion idrive forgot my home adres all the time. And this preset button was not working. The other 7 were ok. It was solved by a 30 second reset.

Ps you can use those buttons for any function

I have my wife's phone, home phone, home adres, 1 radio station, ...

Changing radio stations I do with the right dial on my steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:19 AM   #3
EV77
Private
Rep

Hi X5 45e. Same driver's profile, same key. Everything else remain in place. Only the saved radio stations dissapear from the buttons. It's really weird. Maybe a 30 sec reset would do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:50 AM   #4
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Hi X5 45e. Same driver's profile, same key. Everything else remain in place. Only the saved radio stations dissapear from the buttons. It's really weird. Maybe a 30 sec reset would do the trick.
Yes that is weird.

Maybe an issue with the digital tuner?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 08:00 AM   #5
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
FYI you can program those buttons to do a lot of things besides store presets. They're shortcut buttons, not station preset buttons. For example I have one button programed to call my wife. The other to enable Spotify shuffle (since it keeps defaulting to no shuffle for some reason) etc.

Sorry if you already knew this but if you're new to BMW this may not be common knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #6
EV77
Private
Rep

Hi VTENGR. I know you can assign different tasks to the buttons but for the moment I have assigned only the radio stations which (in 4-5 instances) have been deleted and I had to store them again. However I dont know, if for example store a phone mumber or a destination, this will remain stored.
Appreciate 0