01-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #111
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Yes it's enabled for UK users by default.

It can be coded but it's extremely complex with multiple codes across multiple ECU. The same codes behave differently depending on the region of your car. There is even different behaviour when upgrading from 07/19 to 11/19 probably because the 'released' codes need to be reviewed again and updated, which no-one is doing.

In certain configurations the aSLA codes will causes a persistent error message to be displayed, which while apparently harmless, is not desirable.

With no support you will potentially need to fix these issues yourself, hence why it should only be attempted by advanced experienced coders.

I know the codes worked on USA and AUSY G05/G07 cars on 07/19 and that's it. The behaviour in any other configuration is unknown.
OK, thanks for the detailed info. I feel very comfortable hacking devices after decades of hobby and work but I will take your word for this not being the best place to start.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #112
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
OK, thanks for the detailed info. I feel very comfortable hacking devices after decades of hobby and work but I will take your word for this not being the best place to start.
No problem, and yes, most hacked devices can't kill you and others around you
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #113
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
No problem, and yes, most hacked devices can't kill you and others around you
Come on, what could possibly go wrong?

But I do want this one at some point, we have way too many speeding cameras and they are always located right after the lowered speed limit.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #114
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

But I do want this one at some point, we have way too many speeding cameras and they are always located right after the lowered speed limit.
I use it all the time and it's 99% accurate. Not only do you avoid speeding tickets, it makes driving more relaxing not having to worry about changing the cruise speed constantly.

Am I rubbing it in now
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #115
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
I use it all the time and it's 99% accurate. Not only do you avoid speeding tickets, it makes driving more relaxing not having to worry about changing the cruise speed constantly.

Am I rubbing it in now
You are! This weekend is busy but next weekend is Esys time.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #116
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Am I rubbing it in now
@irf has been pushing me to get this coded for quite a while, but the interesting part is that I think the value of the feature highly depends on one's locale. In my area, at least for now, in almost all the areas where I would use ACC, the speed is basically constant, so while neat, I don't think the feature would be much utilized here. In other geographies, when speeds change often, I can definitely see that it would be super valuable.
      01-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #117
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Am I rubbing it in now
@irf has been pushing me to get this coded for quite a while, but the interesting part is that I think the value of the feature highly depends on one's locale. In my area, at least for now, in almost all the areas where I would use ACC, the speed is basically constant, so while neat, I don't think the feature would be much utilized here. In other geographies, when speeds change often, I can definitely see that it would be super valuable.
I find it super valuable, frequent highways with lower speedlimit when going near towns, I'm glad to have it coded
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #118
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:

It can be coded but it's extremely complex with multiple codes across multiple ECU. The same codes behave differently depending on the region of your car. There is even different behaviour when upgrading from 07/19 to 11/19 probably because the 'released' codes need to be reviewed again and updated, which no-one is doing.

In certain configurations the aSLA codes will causes a persistent error message to be displayed, which while apparently harmless, is not desirable.

With no support you will potentially need to fix these issues yourself, hence why it should only be attempted by advanced experienced coders.

I know the codes worked on USA and AUSY G05/G07 cars on 07/19 and that's it. The behaviour in any other configuration is unknown.
I wouldn't mind getting the instructions on how to code it as I drive a lot of highway miles and come into small towns with reduced speed limits, this would facilitate my driving without having to reset the speed manually.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #119
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
Quote:

I wouldn't mind getting the instructions on how to code it as I drive a lot of highway miles and come into small towns with reduced speed limits, this would facilitate my driving without having to reset the speed manually.

Thanks
Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the instructions for esys
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:20 AM   #120
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Please can anyone send me the instructions for automatic Speed Assistant for X5 G05 via eSysX. I read above that it worked on AusY cars so please can anyone kindly send the instructions.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jeet; 01-13-2020 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 02:11 AM   #121
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Please can anyone send me the instructions for automatic Speed Assistant for X5 G05 via eSysX. I read above that it worked on AusY cars so please can anyone kindly send the instructions.

My email is kuljeet.mathur@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance
There are no instructions- just a list of barely tested codes.

Search CarTechnoloGY for a post on this feature
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:23 PM   #122
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post

My email is kuljeet.mathur@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance
Email sent. Verified settings for US spec car to enable aSLA. Hope it works upside down also
Appreciate 1
jeet26.00
      01-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #123
Slayerkillhate
Private First Class
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M8

Hello, can I ask please send me coding sheet for g coding going to code m8 so need help to know what possible to code
email: bmwm8c@gmail.com

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 10:05 PM   #124
Slayerkillhate
Private First Class
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M8

Hello, any one know, it possible to change with esys color of car in iDrive and livecockpit animation? Because I have mtte blue car, and in idrive and cockpit it display like gray one. I mean that animationnot my car)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 10:04 AM   #125
zmm12345
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x7 and 330i

2 questions for the pro's out there:

1) Do I need to bring in my car to the dealer to upgrade from 07/2019 to 11/2019, or can I just take the latest pzdata file and upgrade myself? I hate it, that the car needs to be brought in to stay on top of latest idrive improvements

2) if the answer to the above is yes, then can someone explain the process to upgrade top the latest istep using launcher pro with esys?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 08:09 PM   #126
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmm12345 View Post
2 questions for the pro's out there:

1) Do I need to bring in my car to the dealer to upgrade from 07/2019 to 11/2019, or can I just take the latest pzdata file and upgrade myself? I hate it, that the car needs to be brought in to stay on top of latest idrive improvements

2) if the answer to the above is yes, then can someone explain the process to upgrade top the latest istep using launcher pro with esys?

Thank you
With latest ISTA+ and latest PSdZData Full, you likely can update your own car, although I don't recall anyone on the forum yet reporting doing so. It is likely highly inadvisable as at least to date, there has been plenty of reports of dealer software updates going bad and requiring quite a bit of dealer rehabilitation to make right — you don't want that on yourself during warranty period, take it to the dealer for this.
      01-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #127
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the instructions for esys
I was finally able to code the feature in, and it works, but I opted on deactivating it. I think this would work perfect for long distance highway driving, not good for in city driving. No one follows the speed limits anymore and this causes you to hold up traffic.

I can attest that it works tho.

Armando
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:12 AM   #128
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

Quote:
No one follows the speed limits anymore and this causes you to hold up traffic.

Armando
I haven’t coded mine yet, but isn’t there an offset option so you don’t have to go the posted speed?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 06:23 AM   #129
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
Quote:
No one follows the speed limits anymore and this causes you to hold up traffic.

Armando
I haven’t coded mine yet, but isn’t there an offset option so you don’t have to go the posted speed?
There is. You can set an offset for up to 40 mph and above 40 mph separately.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 11:15 AM   #130
maczrool
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
There is. You can set an offset for up to 40 mph and above 40 mph separately.
Right, so Armando might want to reconsider.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:05 PM   #131
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

aSLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
Right, so Armando might want to reconsider.
I left the coding, but disabled it in the idrive menu. Its pretty cool tho, it gives you the upcoming speed limit change on the dash as a black square above the current speed limit.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #132
maczrool
Captain
Rep

I understood your meaning but your dismissing of the feature due to it making you drive slower than surrounding traffic made it sound like you had not tried using offset which should address that issue.

Does offset still result in you driving slower than everyone else in the road? I’m just curious since I haven’t coded it yet. Thanks!
Appreciate 0