BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #23
x5m50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 M50i

Huge congrats! Now i'm envious (joking ). Now i wonder why G-Power make "only" 670 crank-hp on my M50i, keeping in mind that i also have catless downpipes :

As for the Sports Display, it can be done to higher limits. I have 720hp limit aswell as 330km/h on the instrument cluster
      06-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #24
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5m50i View Post
Huge congrats! Now i'm envious (joking ). Now i wonder why G-Power make "only" 670 crank-hp on my M50i, keeping in mind that i also have catless downpipes :

As for the Sports Display, it can be done to higher limits. I have 720hp limit aswell as 330km/h on the instrument cluster
You're talking to the stupidest "computer" guy on the planet, so I'm not sure why the OEM gauge was limited to 640. I can only "assume" they stole it from what was already available on the X5M?? I dunno. I'm just guessing.

Regarding your PM though: BR-P did say that if the "ability" to raise that number happens.... they would do it for free.

5 year warrantee on the tune. If it fails.. free fix. If I need to bring it to the dealer and revert back to stock.... free. CEL fixes.... free. Selling the car and reverting back.to stock.... free. If I get an OTA update that automatically reverts it to stock, they redo it.... free.

He also told me about a recent stage 3 Audi RS3 they tuned. Hugely complicated.... it took them a day and a half to tune it properly. But he said to me "we will not stop until we get it perfect, no matter how long it takes". They.even gave the guy a LOANER CAR!

Yes.... there is a risk to getting tuned.... but these guys REALLY put my mind at ease. Cannot give them enough praise. Seriously.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 06-13-2020 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 07:20 PM   #25
BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:

You're talking to the stupidest "computer" guy on the planet, so I'm not sure why the OEM gauge was limited to 640. I can only "assume" they stole it from what was already available on the X5M?? I dunno. I'm just guessing.

Regarding your PM though: BR-P did say that if the "ability" to raise that number happens.... they would do it for free.

5 year warrantee on the tune. If it fails.. free fix. If I need to bring it to the dealer and revert back to stock.... free. CEL fixes.... free. Selling the car and reverting back.to stock.... free. If I get an OTA update that automatically reverts it to stock, they redo it.... free.

He also told me about a recent stage 3 Audi RS3 they tuned. Hugely complicated.... it took them a day and a half to tune it properly. But he said to me "we will not stop until we get it perfect, no matter how long it takes". They.even gave the guy a LOANER CAR!

Yes.... there is a risk to getting tuned.... but these guys REALLY put my mind at ease. Cannot give them enough praise. Seriously.
DME, Velos and I believe RK go to 640 Hp/640 Tq and 45 PSI as the new limits as well, not sure why these numbers specifically. Regardless, they are grossly inaccurate one way or another lol. With the new engine, they should be raised. I'm sure it would be quite easy to have this changed. Then again, there might be certain restrictive parameters with coding this that I'm not familiar with.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 01:45 AM   #26
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

Quote:

I had my previous car tuned by br-p, same experience here. After an update from the dealer something was off; they inspected and redid their tuning settings free of charge, no questions asked. This was 1,5 years after the tuning.
Very much recommended, wouldn’t have any other tuner tinkering on my car :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 04:31 AM   #27
x5m50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 M50i

Quote:
And yes...... after today's amazing experience.... I don't mind giving BR-Performance a small shout-out. They earned it.
Mine with G-Power
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #28
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Mine with G-Power
Love to know how they did that.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 05:29 AM   #29
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

BR-P finally sent me the hi-res photo from the dyno. Super cool.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-26-2020, 11:29 PM   #30
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
BR-P finally sent me the hi-res photo from the dyno. Super cool.
Great thread and thank you.

Looking forward to seeing some posted times.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:51 AM   #31
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

very nice - congrats on that! How much did you pay for that?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 02:31 AM   #32
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
It was $1390 Euro, and comes with a 5 year warrantee. Any errors, CELs, fixes, BMW OTA updates that revert it to stock, or if I ever need to remove and replace the tune for service..... is all covered.... free.

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this. Of course it's much "faster".... but even daily commuting to work - it runs, shifts, sounds, and performs 100% stock. Absolutely no "weirdness" associated with it at all. My wife (with her light foot) can drive it, and wouldn't notice that anything changed, unless she put her foot on the floor.

The FB post (finally) was just posted yesterday. These guys tune EVERYTHING... Not just BMWs, although, the guy in charge (Dimitri) worked for BMW for over 10 years, and every single person there drives BMWs. You should follow them.

https://www.facebook.com/BRPerforman...pe=3&source=48

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 06-28-2020 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #33
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
It was $1390 Euro, and comes with a 5 year warrantee. Any errors, CELs, fixes, BMW OTA updates that revert it to stock, or if I ever need to remove and replace the tune for service..... is all covered.... free.

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this. Of course it's much "faster".... but even daily commuting to work - it runs, shifts, sounds, and performs 100% stock. Absolutely no "weirdness" associated with it at all. My wife (with her light foot) can drive it, and wouldn't notice that anything changed, unless she put her foot on the floor.

The FB post (finally) was just posted yesterday. These guys tune EVERYTHING... Not just BMWs, although, the guy in charge (Dimitri) worked for BMW for over 10 years, and every single person there drives BMWs. You should follow them.

https://www.facebook.com/BRPerforman...&source=48
What an impressive Dyno charts gains all across the curve. Torque also looks very good.

Curious to see a Dynoyet once in the US.
      06-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #34
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

It sounds great, too bad they don’t have any affiliates in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #35
OSCORP
Private
Colombia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i

Hello! Sorry if this been covered elsewhere, i dint find it. Do you guys know if the engine that have 530hp vs the 523hp has the particulate filter, or what shoud be de difference aside from the increase hp?
The one that they bring to my country says its has 530hp! I should be getting my G06M50i around end of August early September
Please let me know
Thank you

Last edited by OSCORP; 07-06-2020 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #36
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSCORP View Post
Hello! Sorry if this been covered elsewhere, i dint find it. Do you guys know if the engine that have 530hp vs the 523hp has the particulate filter, or what shoud be de difference aside from the increase hp?
The one that they bring to my country says its has 530hp! I should be getting my G06M50i around end of August early September
Please let me know
Thank you
523 is the US measurement.
530 is the metric measurement they use in Europe.

They are the same.

US also uses foot pounds to measure torque, whereas Europe uses Neuton meters. The numbers look significantly different, but they mean the same thing. If you look at the first post, I posted the numbers in both the EU measurements, as well as the US equivilent.

So far, the only "physical" differences I've found between the US vs EU M50i is the US has extra charcoal intake filters, EU does not...... but the EU has OPF sensors in the exhaust, US does not. There may be some other minor differences, but those are the only ones I'm aware of. The power levels are rated identically though.... they just use different measurement standards.

The last M50i these guys tuned was a EU spec, and they were able to get 680. They got 690 with mine. (That's 680 by US standards) That "might" be because of my lack of OPF sensors (that's what my tuner thinks).... might be because I removed my charcoal intake filters, or it might just be something insignificant like gas quality, air temp, or even just slight differences in vehicles. Even the viscosity of the oil can have small impacts. At that level, 10hp is almost nothing.

I have to admit though.... I paid zero taxes on my car, and I buy gas at the US rate. If I had to pay taxes & gas by Euro standards, I would have never bought this car. It would be crazy-expensive to operate. I commend your willingness to do it. It's a phenomenal car, you'll love it. I actually like the X6 better. The ONLY reason I chose the X5 is because I have a 200 lb. (91 kg) English Mastiff. If it weren't for that house-donkey of a dog, I would have chosen the X6 instead.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 07-06-2020 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #37
OSCORP
Private
Colombia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i

thanks for your answer Nine, yeah thats a big dog! jeje
I cant wait for it to arrive, its been a long wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 03:37 AM   #38
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSCORP View Post
thanks for your answer Nine, yeah thats a big dog! jeje
I cant wait for it to arrive, its been a long wait!
Oh trust me..... I know. I waited over FOUR MONTHS for mine. Not only did I have to wait for a production date, but then it had to be built, and then it had to be shipped to Europe. I had over $3000 in parts/upgrades/accessories sitting in my garage before I even took possession of the car.

I bought a $1000 rock-bottom POS to drive while I waited. It was the worst car I've ever owned. Because it's not in my nature to leave well enough alone, I practically did a full restoration on a 2004 Nissan Micra 3-door - LOL. Why? Because I'm stupid.. lol

When it did finally come in, it was like stepping from a mud hut ... into a Beverly Hills mansion. Made it all worthwhile.
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #39
Roopster
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i 2014 Honda CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
It sounds great, too bad they don’t have any affiliates in the USA.
Same feeling/thought here. Nor in Canada where I am located.
Wonder if the tune can be done remotely as it is an electronic tune. No physical changes per se.
Warranty would be an issue though
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 03:52 AM   #40
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roopster View Post
Same feeling/thought here. Nor in Canada where I am located.
Wonder if the tune can be done remotely as it is an electronic tune. No physical changes per se.
Warranty would be an issue though
I'm not 100% sure, but I know they "road test" the tune on a dyno, so I would seriously doubt it.

Yes, anytime you get a tune, you void the warrantee of any systems/components affected by the tune. Gotta pay to play.
Appreciate 0