BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Rattle in front doors X5MC

Hi,

I have this issue on rough street and sometimes when I startup and exhaust make some vibrations.

Some, probably small cable, rattles in both front doors, right one are slightly bit worse/noisier.

If I turn on radio I barely hear it but If if drive without it and its longer distance/or with cold harder tires, it bothers me. It really depends on surface I drive on.

I am planning probably to solve it with bmw, its expensive car.

Btw my 5er had it also but only left door - I didnt solve it because I have been worried that service make it worse by demounting things on and in doors, crakcs something etc..

Do you have experience with it also?

Regards
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 07:02 PM   #2
breacher
Registered
Rep
Drives: 11' xdrive35d 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGFather View Post
Hi,

I have this issue on rough street and sometimes when I startup and exhaust make some vibrations.

Some, probably small cable, rattles in both front doors, right one are slightly bit worse/noisier.

If I turn on radio I barely hear it but If if drive without it and its longer distance/or with cold harder tires, it bothers me. It really depends on surface I drive on.

I am planning probably to solve it with bmw, its expensive car.

Btw my 5er had it also but only left door - I didnt solve it because I have been worried that service make it worse by demounting things on and in doors, crakcs something etc..

Do you have experience with it also?

Regards

Any updates?
I took delivery on an X5 45e April 18th,2022. Here I DFW Texas..
Doors were tight, to the point where you have to close it hard enough to stay closed or latch. 😁👍 It would constantly be left open\ajar and I would have to stop and close the doors, etc..

However, after a week or so, only 400miles so far, I came across a rough surface that causes minor vibration. It's a mixmaster and is meant to be smooth, but the vibration developed due to harmonics with the road surface. Since then I can confirm both front doors have a kazoo type noise, like rattling rice paper in the wind, when I come across higher speeds and or rough surface.
I tested this also upon closing the front doors, to hear if I can reproduce this paper rattle sound. It is repeatable.

Wonder if this is something I have to live with or is there a fix.

I have owned e39 540's, e70 diesels, n55s, e93 n54, etc.
My very 1st brand new g05 45e, and this is what I come across. Kinda shocking and not knowing how to approach this.

Thanks. Anyone? 😁🙏
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 07:22 PM   #3
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by breacher View Post
Any updates?
I took delivery on an X5 45e April 18th,2022. Here I DFW Texas..
Doors were tight, to the point where you have to close it hard enough to stay closed or latch. 😁👍 It would constantly be left open\ajar and I would have to stop and close the doors, etc..

However, after a week or so, only 400miles so far, I came across a rough surface that causes minor vibration. It's a mixmaster and is meant to be smooth, but the vibration developed due to harmonics with the road surface. Since then I can confirm both front doors have a kazoo type noise, like rattling rice paper in the wind, when I come across higher speeds and or rough surface.
I tested this also upon closing the front doors, to hear if I can reproduce this paper rattle sound. It is repeatable.

Wonder if this is something I have to live with or is there a fix.

I have owned e39 540's, e70 diesels, n55s, e93 n54, etc.
My very 1st brand new g05 45e, and this is what I come across. Kinda shocking and not knowing how to approach this.

Thanks. Anyone? 😁🙏
Most likely the infamous rubber molding rubbing against door jamb noise. Mine came after I washed the car and used some spray wax on the door jambs.

Easy fix I found here, get some 1" PPF tape and go over the top of the door jambs.
Appreciate 0