BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-29-2022, 11:12 PM   #23
kgelfen360
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am dealing with same Issue. Power supply and increase steering effort. I am scheduled for service this week. SA initially said it's linked to 48 volt battery. But the other problem codes don't stay on long enough for them to find faults. All seems odd since many people have same issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 05:11 PM   #24
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostychako View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
I'm still getting this error, it only happens on highways when I let off the gas and the regenerative functions kick in. City driving does not trigger it. Checked the codes and I see this fault:

21B209: Starter generator / belt for 48V system (OSA_RIEMEN_RISS): Belt between combustion engine and starter generator torn

Service appointment on Monday, so annoying!

I have received similar Power Supply message...
how did you checked the codes, thanks in advance.
I used bimmercode / Bimmerlink with a supported Bluetooth adapter to read the code.
      02-17-2023, 11:38 PM   #25
racerx m4
Rep
Drives: m4/x5

Intermittent message regarding power supply. Read stored code with bimmerlink and here’s what I got. May try sticking the noco 10 on it and run a “battery repair”.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 08:52 PM   #26
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

FWIW, under some driving conditions, the 48vdc battery doesn't get charged ideally. While a battery maintainer can keep the 12vdc system topped off if that has issues (more common than the 48vdc system), unless there's >20A going in, the 48vdc system won't get recharged. People might want to consider putting a >20A charger on their vehicle WITH THE HOOD OPEN! once in a while or after that message, and see if that resolves the issue. The 48vdc system is disconnected if the hood isn't open, so to recharge it, you need those two things:
- high enough current
- the hood open.

With the way BMW does battery maintenance (essentially only when braking or slowing down), and it has a huge alternator, if it's not able to run that often, neither battery system may get fully recharged, then you have some weird, sometimes intermittent problems...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 09:43 PM   #27
kgelfen360
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I had this similar message come and go for few months. It had no effect on my vehicle performance. I eventually took to the dealer they found that alternator was not charging battery correctly they replaced alternator and that solved the problem.
Appreciate 0