BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-12-2022, 06:05 PM   #23
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 XM,'21 45e 'Lemon', '23 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
I just heard from BMWNA today. They will repurchase my '22 X5 45e due to the battery issues and long delay in repairs. Curious what they will deduct for "the amount directly attributable to the use of the vehicle". Overall I found BMWNA to be fair and quick in their response, which was faster than the mentioned 20-25 biz days.

Now I just need to order my '23 version and take delivery before 12/31 in order to get the $7.5k fed tax credit. My dealer will not take a non-refundable deposit.
Congrats Brian. Tell BMWNA that you're having problems w/ local dealers. They will try and help. But also look into another local dealer. Tell them you are looking for a 'trade-assist' because you got the go ahead from BMWNA. They're supposed to help, especially if it's the place you bought the car from. But the deposit is a really local thing. They're shmucks if they make it non refundable. My local dealer - not where I bought the car - ordered my car without a deposit at all. Very cooperative and I'll give them high marks on social media.
I still haven't got the worksheet for the offer. The usage deduction has a calculation from California law - look up mileage offset, and you'll see the calculation.
cheers

Last edited by leightos; 10-12-2022 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2022, 01:22 PM   #24
zzang2gee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M Sport

leightos 10/18/2022 Update -

They ordered some parts# BM24-00-5-A05-AB6 arrived on 10/14/2022, and no words from them.
They ordered another parts, says "Multiple Parts" and no other info as of today 10/18/2022.

So I am guessing they are having a problem after another. Should i just wait until they call me for an update... I've searched that part number everywhere and could not find it. What is going on here... They must've secretly working on something..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 12:44 PM   #25
zzang2gee
United_States
Rep

leightos So it appears my transmission was bad and they are replacing whole transmission per service advisor. Should i be concerned...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 06:22 PM   #26
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzang2gee View Post
leightos So it appears my transmission was bad and they are replacing whole transmission per service advisor. Should i be concerned...
I wouldn't be concerned at all and actually feel fortunate it was caught so early. I had a Dodge Durango many years ago that got its transmission replaced at like 13,000 miles and that vehicle went on to be completely trouble free for almost 200,000 miles when it was sold to another person and it took heavy hauling abuse for that many miles.

I'd only start to get concerned if the transmission turns into transfer case, then differential, etc and they keep chasing the problem around.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 12:12 AM   #27
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I feel it can be very serious. My car has now been in the shop 66 straight days. The big 'IF' here for you, is how long will it take to get the parts. What I've seen over and over talking to others w/ these issues, is it takes 3-5 weeks to get parts. And if those parts don't fix it, then, order some more parts, wait another 3-5 weeks and try again. That's where I am now. The first parts didnt fix mine, and I know several others on here did the same. Just find out where they're getting the parts you need. Gone are the days when you get parts in a couple of days and if you misdiagnosed, you can order something else to fix it. Plus, if it's under warranty, they will be in touch w/ BMW Corp to follow along and approve all orders (that's probably a good thing).

So, as I've said many many times before, call BMW Customer Service line immediately and open up a case.

I'll NEVER get my car back because they can't fix these drivetrain malfunctions easily. NOTE: they will buy this bad car back as soon as they fix it.
Read the forum and this thread, you'll see. Brian S above had a drivetrain malfunction and his car wasn't fixed and BMW bought it back.
Hopefully that won't happen, but you have to prepare for that. But I wish you better luck than what I'm experiencing. You have a 40i, and that may be easier without involving the HV battery.

I ordered a new 45e, and that won't come in until January. So, I'm looking at being w/out my $87,000 BMW for almost 6 months.

Plus - important to consider and this is why you call BMW immediately - if this is a major fix, this car will be tagged by the BMW dealers, they'll know it's had major work. You may not get full trade in. That's why I forced BMWNA to offer me a repurchase. They will repay me every penny I paid for this failed car. That way I'll never have to worry about trading it in.

Last edited by leightos; 10-21-2022 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 11:11 AM   #28
zzang2gee
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
I wouldn't be concerned at all and actually feel fortunate it was caught so early. I had a Dodge Durango many years ago that got its transmission replaced at like 13,000 miles and that vehicle went on to be completely trouble free for almost 200,000 miles when it was sold to another person and it took heavy hauling abuse for that many miles.

I'd only start to get concerned if the transmission turns into transfer case, then differential, etc and they keep chasing the problem around.
Thank you for your input, appreciate it very much. will keep in mind. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 11:56 AM   #29
zzang2gee
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leightos View Post
Sorry I feel it can be very serious. My car has now been in the shop 66 straight days. The big 'IF' here for you, is how long will it take to get the parts. What I've seen over and over talking to others w/ these issues, is it takes 3-5 weeks to get parts. And if those parts don't fix it, then, order some more parts, wait another 3-5 weeks and try again. That's where I am now. The first parts didnt fix mine, and I know several others on here did the same. Just find out where they're getting the parts you need. Gone are the days when you get parts in a couple of days and if you misdiagnosed, you can order something else to fix it. Plus, if it's under warranty, they will be in touch w/ BMW Corp to follow along and approve all orders (that's probably a good thing).

So, as I've said many many times before, call BMW Customer Service line immediately and open up a case.

I'll NEVER get my car back because they can't fix these drivetrain malfunctions easily. NOTE: they will buy this bad car back as soon as they fix it.
Read the forum and this thread, you'll see. Brian S above had a drivetrain malfunction and his car wasn't fixed and BMW bought it back.
Hopefully that won't happen, but you have to prepare for that. But I wish you better luck than what I'm experiencing. You have a 40i, and that may be easier without involving the HV battery.

I ordered a new 45e, and that won't come in until January. So, I'm looking at being w/out my $87,000 BMW for almost 6 months.

Plus - important to consider and this is why you call BMW immediately - if this is a major fix, this car will be tagged by the BMW dealers, they'll know it's had major work. You may not get full trade in. That's why I forced BMWNA to offer me a repurchase. They will repay me every penny I paid for this failed car. That way I'll never have to worry about trading it in.

Understood, they have transmission in their shop already, just waiting on a special tool to replace transmission at this point. I guess mine isn't that bad from what I am being told...which I will not buy.. but we will see. Once I get my car back, I will carefully observe, If one similar symptom rises, I am calling BMWNA right away. Or should i just report what exactly is happening so they can have it on their record and flag my car?...
And.. Of course, I'm pretty sure I would feel somewhat insecure and weird knowing my brand new car had to go through a major surgery... :'(
Will keep you updated.
Appreciate 1
leightos188.50
      10-21-2022, 04:02 PM   #30
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Understood, they have transmission in their shop already, just waiting on a special tool to replace transmission at this point. I guess mine isn't that bad from what I am being told...which I will not buy.. but we will see. Once I get my car back, I will carefully observe, If one similar symptom rises, I am calling BMWNA right away. Or should i just report what exactly is happening so they can have it on their record and flag my car?...
And.. Of course, I'm pretty sure I would feel somewhat insecure and weird knowing my brand new car had to go through a major surgery... :'(
Will keep you updated.
Believe it or not, the transmission work is pretty minor for them, especially since it's a swap instead of tear down and fix parts. Half of the work is the same as if you decided to put catless/aftermarket exhaust on it. The Ford SuperDuty diesel I had required you to pull the entire body off the frame to do any engine work. LOL

Don't stress about until you have to.
Appreciate 2
      11-07-2022, 07:23 AM   #31
zzang2gee
United_States
Rep

leightos

Any progress on yours? BMW called me that my car is ready and just picked up. Seems there's no problem YET. Hopefully none. IF anything comes up, I'll update.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 03:59 PM   #32
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
leightos

Any progress on yours? BMW called me that my car is ready and just picked up. Seems there's no problem YET. Hopefully none. IF anything comes up, I'll update.
hey zzang2gee ... sorry for the late reply. I was out ill for a week. My car is still broken. Maybe fixed soon, but I doubt it.

Doesn't really matter because I've been given a great offer from BMW and will be turning over my car to them in 2 weeks. I have a new car on order and will get that in Dec.

Good luck to you...keep us posted
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2022, 12:30 AM   #33
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow... got a phone call late yesterday that my car was ready. Picked it up today. I was pretty surprised to even get it back.
Soooooooooooo much better than that rental. OMG
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2022, 02:36 PM   #34
zzang2gee
United_States
Rep

leightos

Wow just like that... after all these waiting and waiting... well congratulations!! Hopefully your car still feels same way and running good!
Let me know if anything comes up. My car runs good as of today. But somehow i feel like it's lacking a little power when i press a pedal. LoL
Appreciate 2
leightos188.50
JALS26.50
      11-18-2022, 07:07 PM   #35
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
leightos

Wow just like that... after all these waiting and waiting... well congratulations!! Hopefully your car still feels same way and running good!
Let me know if anything comes up. My car runs good as of today. But somehow i feel like it's lacking a little power when i press a pedal. LoL
yes, thanks. I am only keeping this car for a few days, my new is on it's way and BMW is going to buy this one back, and pay me all my money .... so it's good.
Appreciate 2
CT335xi684.00
      11-22-2022, 09:36 PM   #36
ladra
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05) 2021

+1 for entire transmission change.

Took about a month to change the entire transmission, month of October. Had limp mode + no reverse. Had about 20k miles, 1.5 years, x40i. What a shame...

BTW, anyone know if a wheel alignment is required (for an X-drive) after a transmission swap?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:25 PM   #37
BourbonJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDRIVE 50e

Brian if you don't mind me asking did they compensate your time without your BMW and not filing a Lemon Law?? You saved them $30K for attorney fees and depreciation of vehicle because it would have a Vehicle Title with Lemon Law Buy Back.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:36 PM   #38
BourbonJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDRIVE 50e

Repurchase details

I followed your post because we are in same scenario, 54 days without our 2024 X5 50e. BMW has escalated case to repurchase? My question is they compensate you for you time your BMW was in for repairs and for not filing a Lemon Law? I talked to LL attorneys, BMW would lose about $15K in attorney fees and another $15K in depreciation because vehicle title would be a Lemon Law Buy Back!
We appreciate your response since were at day 54 and are waiting for their offer.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 05:43 PM   #39
harjap2912
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 BMW X5 M Sport 30D Xd

Garage List
Hi, new to Bimmerpost so forgive me if i’m on the wrong page etc. My BMW X5 G05 2019 30D gave a similar message. It showed:
Chassis
You can continue driving. Chassis function restricted. If the problem recurs, have it checked by your Service Partner.

(i have attached a pic of the idrive).

Aswell as this, it also kept showing Door Open for the back door and after shutting the door multiple times, it still displayed the door open message.

After switching the car on and off a few times the messages have seemed to disappear. Does anyone have any information about this, thanks in advance. I’ve read it may have something to do with a sensor but not completely sure.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0