05-19-2020, 02:52 PM   #507
EvoFire
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
That's good...I didn't think they'd cop out. I think they have a very stable, repeat ED business...and these folks aren't buying $50k cars. I just saw over in another thread, BMW is no longer producing any 2021 3 series for the US market in Germany...so you can count on both no Eds there for those that were hoping to do it on a MY2021 and nothing going forward. It would seem as if their goal is to shift all US deliveries to production in North America.
From a business standpoint, producing cars locally saves them the money to ship it so I can't fault them for that. Maybe partly cause the model mix available for ED is decreasing as well and it no longer makes sense.

Isn't the next 2 Series Coupe also going to be made NA side? So the cheapest models will almost all be made in NA.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 06:38 PM   #508
im_an_alien
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Just as I was warming up to the G20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
Damn that sucks. As many on here This was on my to do list. I hope it comes back at some point.
They'll bring it back if enough of us make a big enough fuss.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #509
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
From a business standpoint, producing cars locally saves them the money to ship it so I can't fault them for that. Maybe partly cause the model mix available for ED is decreasing as well and it no longer makes sense.

Isn't the next 2 Series Coupe also going to be made NA side? So the cheapest models will almost all be made in NA.
Yes, the next 2er/M2 Coupe will also be produced in Mexico, which further reduces the number of models that would have been available for ED. That's why I've been thinking this might be permanent. Assuming all US 3er production moves to Mexico permanently rather than being split between there and Germany as it has been, that will leave just the X1/X2, 2GC, i3, M3, 4er/M4, 5er/M5, 7er, 8er/M8 and Z4 on the list of US models produced in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #510
alep85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2023 M340i xDrive

https://my.bmwusa.com/contact-form.html

Keep the pressure on them.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 06:10 PM   #511
alep85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
The cost for the ED is mostly already absorbed as they are still doing the program for EU customers it sounds like.
This is what I don't understand. They charge German customers to do this....why not do the same for US and other region customers?

Those that truly want the experience can have it, and it's not a fiscal drain on dealers and corporate.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #512
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I've told myself the only way I ever buy new again with BMW was for Euro delivery.
guess I'm never doing a new one then...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #513
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

At least my dream to Euro Deliver a 718 Cayman T will be still be an option. Would have loved to do it with BMW. Huge loss for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:54 AM   #514
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
At least my dream to Euro Deliver a 718 Cayman T will be still be an option. Would have loved to do it with BMW. Huge loss for sure.
I am considering that option too if I can't get the M2C allocation, though perhaps I'll upgrade to a 718 GTS 4.0 or a 992...who knows! Porsche requires the VAT upfront (which some dealers don't cash), so a bit of a pain there...but worth it, I suspect!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 06:44 AM   #515
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Have you called a dealer to ask though? I suspect there is no Euro Delivery going on right now, no matter what it says on the website.

In the BMW realm, my friend has tried to put a reservation in (since February), very helpful salespeople have tried to help him, to no avail. BMW has basically cancelled most all of these, I cannot figure out the reason why they’ve kept a few and discarded others. Despite their statement that they will accept reservations until May 18, it was a lie.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #516
Moszmo
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
Just missed this euro delivery, I had a M340 pickup scheduled on March 23. It would have been my first ED, I even studied German for 8 months leading upto it. Its too bad the program is now cancelled... I may have to still go into Munich, rent a car, and re-create some of it

Side note, I still don't have my car either. I put down my first deposit June 2019 with a plan for March 23. Then, after everything got cancelled the car sat in Germany for 7 weeks, before coming over to Halifax arriving 5/28, and not moving. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks. Apparently there are overflow parking lots, for their overflow parking lots, and they are not moving any cars. The dealer despite all of this has been good to work with, they are not getting cars either. No one has an update yet either, trying to get info from the port.

!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #517
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Have you called a dealer to ask though? I suspect there is no Euro Delivery going on right now, no matter what it says on the website.
I haven’t but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s temporarily on hold right now. I was thinking more in a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 10:52 PM   #518
tszene
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

This is unacceptable. Between the crummy nose job on the g82 and now this, I will be forced to switch brands now that I'm 40? I sure hope not! I'm too cheap for a 911 and too European for a gt350. I had all the m3 except e30 and I honestly thought this brand will stay with me until they close my coffin. I did two ED's and It's cheaper to lease by a long shot than if you take position in the US.
And the trip that you can make out of it is something fit for a bucket list that you can do every three years. We have to start signing a petition.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #519
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I was planning on getting into an M2 via the ED program in 2.5-3 yrs from now. I have been dreaming about Euro delivery for 10 yrs now.

Well just my luck. ED got canned and M2 production is moving to viva la Mexico.

BMW is quite the enthusiast brand isn't it.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2020, 02:57 AM   #520
BMW_AUS
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 xDrive30e

Really sad to see BMW discountinued ED program for US... we did it in September 2013, it was such a blast, in conjunction with the Oktoberfest and Frankfurt Auto Show, one of the best trip!!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #521
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I was planning on getting into an M2 via the ED program in 2.5-3 yrs from now. I have been dreaming about Euro delivery for 10 yrs now.

When compared to their direct competition......yes, yes they are. Manual transmissions, track days/events, sporty handling cars, an in-house modification/tuner option, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #522
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:

When compared to their direct competition......yes, yes they are. Manual transmissions, track days/events, sporty handling cars, an in-house modification/tuner option, etc.
Haha. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

Manuals are all but gone

Sporty handling? Good one. There are many better handling cars out there these day and they are less expensive

In house tuner? Do you mean ///M? It's a shell of its formal glory. They are good at making emblems though

Do you work a side gig for BMW? Your quite the apologist.
Appreciate 2
tszene137.00
stein_325i25051.00
      07-04-2020, 11:42 AM   #523
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Manuals are all but gone

Sporty handling? Good one. There are many better handling cars out there these day and they are less expensive

In house tuner? Do you mean ///M? It's a shell of its formal glory. They are good at making emblems though

What do Mercedes, Audi or Lexus offer that rivals what I stated? Neither offer manuals. It doesn't matter how YOU personally feel about them. Manuals are loved by enthusiasts and BMW is the only manufacturer in its category that offers them. Neither of the above stated manufacturers offer anything like BMW's tracks days/events at either Performance Center. I don't see Mercedes, Audi or Lexus maintaining/offering track venues on a regular/consistent basis (...nor the length of time that BMW has offered track options) and allowing you to pay a nominal fee to rip around the track(s) for days in cars they provide. I don't see them offering car control clinics on a regular basis. I don't see them inviting buyers of their performance cars to the track and paying for the track/hotel/food fees. Neither of the above stated manufacturers have anything really akin to M-Performance (...tunes, exhausts, coilover suspensions, springs, stylized aero parts, interior upgrades, etc.). How you feel about the worth of M-Performance is irrelevant. It's still in-house tuning options for a BMW buyer. If you're disenchanted with BMW, that's your prerogative, but to act like the competition is more enthusiast focused than BMW is disingenuous.

If recognizing what BMW DOES do to show appreciation for the enthusiast makes me an apologist in your eyes, then so be it.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 11:58 AM   #524
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Manuals are all but gone

What do Mercedes, Audi or Lexus offer that rivals what I stated? Neither offer manuals. It doesn't matter how YOU personally feel about them. Manuals are loved by enthusiasts and BMW is the only manufacturer in its category that offers them. Neither of the above stated manufacturers offer anything like BMW's tracks days/events at either Performance Center. Neither of the above stated manufacturers have anything really akin to M-Performance (...tunes, exhausts, coilover suspensions, springs, stylized aero parts, interior upgrades, etc.). How you feel about the worth of M-Performance is irrelevant. It's still in-house tuning options for a BMW buyer. If you're disenchanted with BMW, that's your prerogative, but to act like the competition is more enthusiast focused than BMW is disingenuous.
I think they are all the same coin at this point and Audi offers performance driving schools/track days as I have a friend that has done it multiple times with R8s.

Your beloved Manual will be gone from BMW land in a few years then what? Will you still be sticking up for them?

FYI this is a thread about The cancellation of ED. So yes I'm "disenfranchised" as a veteran of multiple EDs. It's just another thing that set them apart that they have ruined/cancelled.

Enjoy your bugs bunny ///M
Appreciate 2
tszene137.00
stein_325i25051.00
      07-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #525
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/178
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #526
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Manuals are all but gone

What do Mercedes, Audi or Lexus offer that rivals what I stated? Neither offer manuals. It doesn't matter how YOU personally feel about them. Manuals are loved by enthusiasts and BMW is the only manufacturer in its category that offers them. Neither of the above stated manufacturers offer anything like BMW's tracks days/events at either Performance Center. Neither of the above stated manufacturers have anything really akin to M-Performance (...tunes, exhausts, coilover suspensions, springs, stylized aero parts, interior upgrades, etc.). How you feel about the worth of M-Performance is irrelevant. It's still in-house tuning options for a BMW buyer. If you're disenchanted with BMW, that's your prerogative, but to act like the competition is more enthusiast focused than BMW is disingenuous.
I think they are all the same coin at this point and Audi offers performance driving schools/track days as I have a friend that has done it multiple times with R8s.

Your beloved Manual will be gone from BMW land in a few years then what? Will you still be sticking up for them?

FYI this is a thread about The cancellation of ED. So yes I'm "disenfranchised" as a veteran of multiple EDs. It's just another thing that set them apart that they have ruined/cancelled.

Enjoy your bugs bunny ///M
Yeah, yeah. The demise of the MT has been spouted ever since the dawn of the E9X and DCT.......but it's still here.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      07-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #527
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

People keep saying "manuals are all but gone"...well, again that depends on perspective. Sure, there are much less MT options nowadays compared to 20-30 years ago, but there are still options readily available. Not all cars need a manual transmission option. For example, I am fine with regular 3/4/5 series without a MT. However, BMW has been great by providing the M2/3/4 with a MT because they're more catered towards the driving experience. Also, there are still plenty of car enthusiasts working at C-suite levels at BMW, etc. I think we will be good for some time.

In the value oriented category, you still have the venerable MX5, the mustang, Hyundai N series, etc in MT. If you want to step up, there are Porsche, Lotus, Aston Martin. If you want very niche brands, there are Morgan, BAC, Aerial, etc.

Let's give another example. During the quartz crisis, people thought mechanical watches were going to disappear. Nowadays, there has been a resurgence and mechanical watches have increased in popularity. Similar parallels can be drawn with typewriters, record players, Hi-Fi systems. Each example, people thought it was going to disappear. But in each, there were a resurgence of interest. Either by people who have previously experienced the analog pleasure of these items or new generations who have come to appreciate it.

An let me add, the car enthusiast crowd is a lot larger than the watch, typewriter, record player and Hi-Fi system crowd...
      07-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #528
tszene
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
People keep saying "manuals are all but gone"...well, again that depends on perspective. Sure, there are much less MT options nowadays compared to 20-30 years ago, but there are still options readily available. Not all cars need a manual transmission option. For example, I am fine with regular 3/4/5 series without a MT. However, BMW has been great by providing the M2/3/4 with a MT because they're more catered towards the driving experience. Also, there are still plenty of car enthusiasts working at C-suite levels at BMW, etc. I think we will be good for some time.

In the value oriented category, you still have the venerable MX5, the mustang, Hyundai N series, etc in MT. If you want to step up, there are Porsche, Lotus, Aston Martin. If you want very niche brands, there are Morgan, BAC, Aerial, etc.

Let's give another example. During the quartz crisis, people thought mechanical watches were going to disappear. Nowadays, there has been a resurgence and mechanical watches have increased in popularity. Similar parallels can be drawn with typewriters, record players, Hi-Fi systems. Each example, people thought it was going to disappear. But in each, there were a resurgence of interest. Either by people who have previously experienced the analog pleasure of these items or new generations who have come to appreciate it.

An let me add, the car enthusiast crowd is a lot larger than the watch, typewriter, record player and Hi-Fi system crowd...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post

Well, I guess they are not large enough to keep the ED program going. Which I why this thread was formed. So I beg all of you to start writing to

CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com

And let's make a difference.
Appreciate 2