BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2023, 02:50 AM   #221
Paul100
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
Military discount? The buyer must be military, right? I’m not, dad was.
From BMW website:

Can family members qualify for the BMW Military Incentive?

Yes, immediate family members can also take advantage of this offer. In order to be eligible, each family member must verify their status using ID.me.

Same with us Dad.... was in Navy and he is deceased now but we are still members of NFCU, so did not use ID.me but rather we went through Navy Federal CU true car military plan to get our certificate.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2023, 06:51 AM   #222
5tony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5/'15 X5 35i/'88 M3

Quote:
If your dad was military, you likely will qualify.
      04-27-2023, 08:05 AM   #223
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
There are various ways to qualify for it:

• Active Duty
• National Guard
• Reserves
• Veterans
• Military Retirees
• Military Spouses
• Surviving Spouses
• Immediate Military Family Members
• All USAA and NavyFed members with at least 60 days of membership
• One incentive per member per year
      04-27-2023, 12:36 PM   #224
Line Drive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 50e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
There are various ways to qualify for it:
Do you have visibility on whether the military discount is likely to continue in the coming months, or is this one more subject to change month to month?

I ask because my current lease expires in August, and I was thinking about ordering in June for a July/August delivery.
      04-27-2023, 02:05 PM   #225
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line Drive View Post
Do you have visibility on whether the military discount is likely to continue in the coming months, or is this one more subject to change month to month?

I ask because my current lease expires in August, and I was thinking about ordering in June for a July/August delivery.
There is almost no chance that it won't be offered. The Domestic Military incentive is a year-long incentive however the amount could change monthly but generally that is not the case.
      04-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #226
deano17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i4 e40, ‘24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul100 View Post
From BMW website:

Can family members qualify for the BMW Military Incentive?

Yes, immediate family members can also take advantage of this offer. In order to be eligible, each family member must verify their status using ID.me.

Same with us Dad.... was in Navy and he is deceased now but we are still members of NFCU, so did not use ID.me but rather we went through Navy Federal CU true car military plan to get our certificate.
So am not a member of the CU. What is the process for me to prove my dad was navy? And did I read that you cannot stack Military and Loyality?
      04-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #227
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
So am not a member of the CU. What is the process for me to prove my dad was navy? And did I read that you cannot stack Military and Loyality?
Go to the TrueCar military site and see if you can pass. Can also use BMW's site but some folks have had trouble getting the certificate with that.

https://military.truecar.com

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...incentive.html

They are stackable however the Military will drop to $500 so it is not worth it.
      04-27-2023, 04:21 PM   #228
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Go to the TrueCar military site and see if you can pass. Can also use BMW's site but some folks have had trouble getting the certificate with that.

https://military.truecar.com

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...incentive.html

They are stackable however the Military will drop to $500 so it is not worth it.
Okay, but does the True Car site make me buy through them? I have a good deal in place already….
      04-27-2023, 04:23 PM   #229
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Okay, but does the True Car site make me buy through them? I have a good deal in place already….
No, not at all. It is just one of the places, along with Navy Federal and BMW's site, that you can get the certificate from. You don't have to use their service and they never contact you. Once you are verified with ID.me then you can print out your certificate to give to your dealer.
      04-27-2023, 04:39 PM   #230
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, not at all. It is just one of the places, along with Navy Federal and BMW's site, that you can get the certificate from. You don't have to use their service and they never contact you. Once you are verified with ID.me then you can print out your certificate to give to your dealer.
Funny how little the dealers know. My guy says my dad has to be titled on the car with me….lol. I am not eve going to address it again with him till i get it all lined up. Did you say before you cannot stack this with the loyalty $750?
      04-27-2023, 05:00 PM   #231
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Funny how little the dealers know. My guy says my dad has to be titled on the car with me….lol. I am not eve going to address it again with him till i get it all lined up. Did you say before you cannot stack this with the loyalty $750?
Unfortunately that is true for many things. I don’t know what they will need from you in regards to qualifying since I was prior service but would think they would ask for your Dad’s info. At one point I saw something that said only family members of active military were eligible but it seems like that may not be the case. If you can let us know how the qualifying process went that would be great.

You can stack it but in order to get loyalty you need to finance/lease with BMWFS. Once you do that then the military incentive drops to $500. It is best to do military with outside financing/cash.
      04-27-2023, 05:12 PM   #232
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Working on the ID.me thing and they want to know what kind of form I want? State or County issued Veterans ID? Veteran ID card? VA Eligibility letter? And there are some forms with numbers on them…

I mis-read that…they want me to upload one of them…
      04-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #233
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately that is true for many things. I don’t know what they will need from you in regards to qualifying since I was prior service but would think they would ask for your Dad’s info. At one point I saw something that said only family members of active military were eligible but it seems like that may not be the case. If you can let us know how the qualifying process went that would be great.

You can stack it but in order to get loyalty you need to finance/lease with BMWFS. Once you do that then the military incentive drops to $500. It is best to do military with outside financing/cash.
Okay, I will keep you updated. The ID.me thing did not go through. So I will look at the other option. We are in Europe and I don’t think I have enough info via Dropbox to pull this off, so may be June before I get to it.

One point to clarify. I assume that going to outside financing you are taking the $2,000 and then you don’t get the loyalty because it needs to be BMW? But does that mean you need to finance at all? Is the $2,000 still good if you pay cash? Thanks for all your help!
      04-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #234
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Okay, I will keep you updated. The ID.me thing did not go through. So I will look at the other option. We are in Europe and I don’t think I have enough info via Dropbox to pull this off, so may be June before I get to it.

One point to clarify. I assume that going to outside financing you are taking the $2,000 and then you don’t get the loyalty because it needs to be BMW? But does that mean you need to finance at all? Is the $2,000 still good if you pay cash? Thanks for all your help!
Good luck. That is correct, look at it this way. The Domestic Military incentive for the X5 is $2,000 if you have outside financing or cash. If you lease or finance with BMWFS then the incentive drops to $500.

Separate from that, the loyalty incentive is $750 for purchases but you must finance with BMWFS in order to get it.
      04-27-2023, 05:50 PM   #235
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I went to True Car site to check it out. Looks like they use ID.me as well. I found this too on their site. Notice second to last sentence. I guess my guys wasn’t wrong.

“ Special BMW Incentive offer is valid at any authorized BMW Center in the United States. Cash incentives are not applicable for vehicles leased/financed through BMW Financial Services. Member must take retail delivery April 3, 2023 - May 1, 2023. Incentive offer is subject to location and to change without prior notice. This incentive offer is available to TrueCar verified military members. BMW requires presentation of a photo ID, your BMW Manufacturer Certificate with a unique Customer ID and Offer Code. Visit the TrueCar Car Buying Service to receive BMW Certificate. One incentive per member, per offer code, per calendar year for new BMW vehicles without a prior retail sale. Eligible military member must be the purchaser. See your authorized BMW Center for complete program details.”
      04-27-2023, 05:52 PM   #236
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I went to True Car site to check it out. Looks like they use ID.me as well. I found this too on their site. Notice second to last sentence. I guess my guys wasn’t wrong.
No, your guys are wrong. That wording refers to the person that is eligible for the incentive. In other words, the person whose name is on the certificate must be the purchaser. As long as you meet the qualifications and get the certificate, you are the "military member".

As I said before, use TrueCar's site so you have the ability to print the certificate. On BMW's site that has been a problem for some and they need to go through their dealer. You do not need to have the extra thing thrown in there.
      04-28-2023, 03:10 AM   #237
Paul100
Enlisted Member
Rep

Deano
you are in the same boat we were in. Dad was in the Navy he passed in 2001. We have no paper work about is service, about all we can point to is that he is buried at Tahoma National Cemetery. In any case the NFCU website says if your family member is deceased to call them, so that is what we did. Called the customer service line and spoke with a guy, told him that our father was in the Navy and is deceased but that we wanted to join. In our case he never even asked what what Dads name was (it was my wife's Dad so he had a different last name....) he just took my wife's info over the phone then said "looks like they were able to verify that info, you're approved" asked how we wanted to make the initial deposit (they require 5 bucks min). We used our current bank debt card and made a 25 dollar deposit and spend a savings and checking account and got a debit card sent. All signatures were done electronically. The guy even stayed on the line and had my wife down load their online banking mobile app and walked her through setting up all the accounts and passwords. After that my wife went to to the true car website via the link on the NFCU site and filled out the info there and got a certificate via email for with the personal code for the military BMW discount. We have already emailed that certificate to our CA at the dealership and he has acknowledged that that is all he needs for the 2000 dollar discount. Then my wife decided to apply for a loan from NFCU since their rate is slightly better then BECU and she was approved within a couple of hours doing it all over their website never talking to anyone. You don't even need a purchase order, you can have the check mailed to you or pick it up at a branch (we opted for branch pick up) and they have notified us that the check is waiting for us at the branch. We just need to get the car to show up now, which is some where between Kansas City and Renton on BNSF. Hope that helps good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 02:34 AM   #238
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Deano
you are in the same boat we were in. Dad was in the Navy he passed in 2001. We have no paper work about is service, about all we can point to is that he is buried at Tahoma National Cemetery. In any case the NFCU website says if your family member is deceased to call them, so that is what we did. Called the customer service line and spoke with a guy, told him that our father was in the Navy and is deceased but that we wanted to join. In our case he never even asked what what Dads name was (it was my wife's Dad so he had a different last name....) he just took my wife's info over the phone then said "looks like they were able to verify that info, you're approved" asked how we wanted to make the initial deposit (they require 5 bucks min). We used our current bank debt card and made a 25 dollar deposit and spend a savings and checking account and got a debit card sent. All signatures were done electronically. The guy even stayed on the line and had my wife down load their online banking mobile app and walked her through setting up all the accounts and passwords. After that my wife went to to the true car website via the link on the NFCU site and filled out the info there and got a certificate via email for with the personal code for the military BMW discount. We have already emailed that certificate to our CA at the dealership and he has acknowledged that that is all he needs for the 2000 dollar discount. Then my wife decided to apply for a loan from NFCU since their rate is slightly better then BECU and she was approved within a couple of hours doing it all over their website never talking to anyone. You don't even need a purchase order, you can have the check mailed to you or pick it up at a branch (we opted for branch pick up) and they have notified us that the check is waiting for us at the branch. We just need to get the car to show up now, which is some where between Kansas City and Renton on BNSF. Hope that helps good luck.
Great info thanks. When I went to True car site it looked like they used the same method (ID me) to verify dad served. When I tried to use ID me, I had to upload something to prove he served. If you didn’t have any documents how did you prove he served? Or by using the CU link did that create the proof they needed? Can you explain a little how that worked?
      04-29-2023, 03:22 AM   #239
Paul100
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Great info thanks. When I went to True car site it looked like they used the same method (ID me) to verify dad served. When I tried to use ID me, I had to upload something to prove he served. If you didn’t have any documents how did you prove he served? Or by using the CU link did that create the proof they needed? Can you explain a little how that worked?
Yeah using the link from NFCU uses your NFCU membership as your proof. On the NFCU in the auto loans section there is a link to the True Car website. We went to the "get special offers" link at the bottom of the page, and specifically clicked on the BMW link. That transfers you to the true car web site, but instead of using IDme it uses something called Plaid which you link to your NFCU sign in. Then you just follow the instructions and you get the certificate with your personalized code. It was pretty easy.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 09:16 AM   #240
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah using the link from NFCU uses your NFCU membership as your proof. On the NFCU in the auto loans section there is a link to the True Car website. We went to the "get special offers" link at the bottom of the page, and specifically clicked on the BMW link. That transfers you to the true car web site, but instead of using IDme it uses something called Plaid which you link to your NFCU sign in. Then you just follow the instructions and you get the certificate with your personalized code. It was pretty easy.
Thank you very much…will give it a try
      04-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #241
deano17
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I just went on their website because I am out of the country and didn’t want to call them…and it’s Saturday. When I looked on the site, it was saying I still needed some kind of proof of his service if he is not a member. Are you saying when you called, they did not ask for that proof?
      04-29-2023, 12:38 PM   #242
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much…will give it a try
Also keep in mind the qualifications I posted earlier. You will not be eligible for the military discount just because you are an NFCU member. You need to be one for 60 days so take that into account.
Appreciate 0