proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

07-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #1
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

Xpel Ultimate installer in Toronto?

Anyone know who does Xpel Ultimate installs in Toronto? I am looking to put this on my new M3.
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

I have a couple questions. How do I get it from Toronto to Milton without getting any stone chips before Xpel goes on? How long does the process take and what are the rates? Message me privately if you prefer to answer that way. Thanks!
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
JDUni1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '12 135i (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpel View Post
There are a couple steps you can take:

- Keep distance between yourself and the car in front of you on the highway, especially if it's a big truck.

- Travel at low traffic times

- More easily, apply a temporary paint protection film to the front end. We recently came out with Tracwrap by XPEL. It's a temporary film that is easy to apply, can be applied dry, by the user in their garage, a parking lot etc... We have this available here.

Here's a short video testing it's durability.

How long the process takes depends on the amount coverage. Full front end which consists of: front bumper, full hood, front fenders, headlights and mirrors can take between 3-5 hours.

For cost the best bet is to contact Protex. Labor rates vary by location and installer experience so the overall cost will vary.
Can you guys please point me to an installer in CO (Denver metro area)? My M3 is due in about 2.5 weeks.
2015 Alpine White ///M3 | Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather | 6MT | Lighting Package | Harmon Kardon | H&R Sport Springs (F32) | iND Cosmetic Treatment | M Performance Spoiler | 19" HRE 301M Frozen Red| Mode Carbon Trophy R1 Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

auto links in T.O. uses Xpel, but not their primary film

advanced mobile group also uses xpel but Marco charges about 10% more for the Xpel film

armoredfilms in Woodbridge also uses xpel but not their primary film as well

getdetailed in thornhill also uses xpel and if paying cash, then there is a good discount on it

Alternatively, if you want to try Suntek ppf, then there are thornhill tints and carbox industries who use this as their primary film.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
JDUni1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '12 135i (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUni1 View Post
Can you guys please point me to an installer in CO (Denver metro area)? My M3 is due in about 2.5 weeks.
Absolutely, we have an excellent installer at Colorado Clear Bra in Arvada, CO.
Call 720-404-6324 and ask for Kirby Thompson.

Let me know if we can help with anything else.

Congrats on the M3!
Excellent! Appreciate the info.
2015 Alpine White ///M3 | Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather | 6MT | Lighting Package | Harmon Kardon | H&R Sport Springs (F32) | iND Cosmetic Treatment | M Performance Spoiler | 19" HRE 301M Frozen Red| Mode Carbon Trophy R1 Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, SO/SB M4 MT

This is interesting. Does anyone happen to know of an installer in the KW area and the product they use?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
We have an excellent installer at Protex in Milton. They do great work and will treat you right.

Protex Milton
905-699-6811

Here's an install video of XPEL ULTIMATE going on an M3.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help.
I am getting your guy to do my M4 soon!

Last edited by farbmw; 08-12-2014 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

so is there anyone gets their baby ride protected by xpel ultimate film in Toronto? i am interested to have the CF roof protected as well as the hood (maybe)?

what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #9
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

There's no installer in my neck of the woods (Eastern Canada)... I've half been thinking about taking the training courses offered by Xpel just so I can buy their kits and do the installs myself for each car I buy. I think the investment would pay off after 5 or 6 cars
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow View Post
so is there anyone gets their baby ride protected by xpel ultimate film in Toronto? i am interested to have the CF roof protected as well as the hood (maybe)?

what do you guys think?
Sekanskin.com talk to Tiago

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 12:35 AM   #11
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
We have an excellent installer at Protex in Milton. They do great work and will treat you right.

Protex Milton
905-699-6811

Here's an install video of XPEL ULTIMATE going on an M3.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help.

i had installed the xpel clear film today @ Protex in Milton (Richard) as you mentioned (it's quite far away, 1 hour from GTA 401/yonge). well overall, he is pretty good... straight forward and easy to communicate.

however, i didn't able to see / check if he had washed my roof / hood thoroughly and clay it before he put on the film?! (oh well i wish he did). i had delivered my vehicle to his home at 1030 in the morning and picked it up at 1015 at night (due to cure time and i dont want to rush him). he didn't go thru anything about it as he was having family gathering... all he said was that: "no pressure wash for a week, hand wash is ok"
umm so i paid and left within 3 mins i guess lol

when i got home, i realized there were quite a few bubbles around my hood as well as the roof . also, a tiny corner of the film was kinda peel-up at the edge of the CF roof.

so here is my question:
- any thoughts? is that normal? or they need few days or a week to 'cure', just like u can't open the windows for a few days after they get tinted.

- also, xpel has a 10 year warranty thing on these, what about the bubbles remain seated on my hood and what if the film peel-off eventually (especially starting from the corners of the CF hood)?

i wish the money i spent on these Xpel protection films would not disappoint me at the end.

i've attached few pics richard took for me during the installation process.

comments are welcome and thanks in advance.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #12
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

that's a horrible job on the roof, the part that lifted up will be like that ... sorry to say. As for prior to putting down the ppf, ordinary installer will not detail your car at all, nor will they wash it prior. They may simply spray down the area with soapy water solution and wipe down with a towel and on to the install job.

You really need to get the guy to fix and re-apply properly. The film should be tucked in (wrapped over the edges).

Since you were going this far anyway, you should have gone to Marco (Advanced Mobile group in Brampton).

Last edited by bobblehead; 01-10-2015 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 02:17 AM   #13
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
that's a horrible job on the roof, the part that lifted up will be like that ... sorry to say. As for prior to putting down the ppf, ordinary installer will not detail your car at all, nor will they wash it prior. They may simply spray down the area with soapy water solution and wipe down with a towel and on to the install job.

You really need to get the guy to fix and re-apply properly. The film should be tucked in (wrapped over the edges).

Since you were going this far anyway, you should have gone to Marco (Advanced Mobile group in Brampton).
thanks for your input man.

alright, i guess my previous post had kinda mis-lead ppl.. please accept my apology if it does... those pics enclosed in my previous post were taken during the installation process. so i guess that may cause you think the roof job looks horrible? i've hand washed the car (without pressure washer) today and took a few pictures below.

the film at the hood area was tucked in, but not the roof...
as u zoom in the 'front roof' pic, you can see the edge of the film.. is that ok?

front roof

rear roof

hood

i 've contacted marco as well @ Advance Automative Films, but it's costy oh well...

anyway, as i washed my car today, i realized i got a stupid stone chip at my bumper (right on top of the upper splitter) yesterday when i drove to Milton, dang it... so i will also consider to put the film on my bumper sooner or later.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 07:36 AM   #14
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

the front roof is lifted, that's not good at all. For the rear (with more pics) does show the film is not lifted but not tucked in (preferred finish).

You should go back and get the front lift fixed.

As for Macro, he does charge at least 10-20% more than the other installers, no doubt about it but from many feedbacks in various car forums, he is very good at what he does. I did not go to him simply he is brampton (way too far for me) and I opted for Auto Links instead (at least I can drop the car off and take the ttc home).
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #15
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Here is my take on protection films... It'll never be 100% perfect. But, it's better than not protecting your car and getting a stone chip. Stop worrying about every little lift/tiny bubble. The second time around may not be better than the 1st. Sleep better at night!

WRT bubbles, take a needle to it, you may be able to let the air escape. WRT corner lifts, it won't get worse. I have been protecting my cars with 3M (not expel) since 2003. Lifts never got worse. I usually do the front end of the car and mirrors. Roof is more for bird crap. With these cars, I find that the area underneath the factory rear quarter panel clear protection (so on the side skirts) get dinged up pretty bad too. So consider getting some protection there too.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #16
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
the front roof is lifted, that's not good at all. For the rear (with more pics) does show the film is not lifted but not tucked in (preferred finish).

You should go back and get the front lift fixed.

As for Macro, he does charge at least 10-20% more than the other installers, no doubt about it but from many feedbacks in various car forums, he is very good at what he does. I did not go to him simply he is brampton (way too far for me) and I opted for Auto Links instead (at least I can drop the car off and take the ttc home).

well, i will see what happens after a week or so. it's a 1 hour driving for me to go back and seek for his help (although i m not sure if he will take care of it, and he doesn't work throughout the weekend, it is a problem for me to go during the weekdays)

I should have gone for marco, dammit. since the response from Xpel quoted below, which kinda boosted up my confidence on Richard and went for Protex Milton. (well more because he charges cheaper , but if the result doesn't lead to good outcome, i rather spend few hundreds more and get a hassle-free installation)

i've checked out the macro's instagram page as he asked me to do so, he deal with tremendous hot rides i will probably go for him for my bumper later on.

thanks

Quote:
We have customers protect the carbon fiber pieces of their cars all the time wether it's the roof, splitters, spoilers, and even interior pieces sometimes.

For the Toronto area contact

Protex Milton
Richard Disalvia
Richard@pelti.com
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #17
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
Here is my take on protection films... It'll never be 100% perfect. But, it's better than not protecting your car and getting a stone chip. Stop worrying about every little lift/tiny bubble. The second time around may not be better than the 1st. Sleep better at night!

WRT bubbles, take a needle to it, you may be able to let the air escape. WRT corner lifts, it won't get worse. I have been protecting my cars with 3M (not expel) since 2003. Lifts never got worse. I usually do the front end of the car and mirrors. Roof is more for bird crap. With these cars, I find that the area underneath the factory rear quarter panel clear protection (so on the side skirts) get dinged up pretty bad too. So consider getting some protection there too.
thanks for your comfort and kind words... i do feel alot better after i read what u said lol "The second time around may not be better than the 1st. Sleep better at night!" lol

the reason i got my cf roof wrapped because i dont want to be regretted if i hv a stone chip damage on it and it's non-repairable?! no?

will not consider to wrap the mirrors at this moment, may consider to install CF cover on the mirror IF i have extra cash flow, but wont happen anytime soon haha.

will definitely install M glossy black grill and CF splitter (without the lip) in the spring / summer 2015.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

not sure if you wrapped your headlight too. If not, it is definitely a must, imo. esp. if you drive lots of highway where winter salt, sand and debris hit your front as if it is being sandblasted. you will for sure see this after the winter is over.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #19
Ragazzi-07
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

what price range is this sort of thing.

xpel or 3m
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #20
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Depends on the installer. And I would not necessarily go for the cheaper price installs. For the entire front end, including mirrors, you are looking at 1500 ish. That full bumper, hood and partial front quarters.

That's only for 3m. I've only used 3m. No issues with them. So never tried xpel.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 07:26 AM   #21
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

ask for the latest generation 3m ppf. It is supposed to be even better than xpel.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #22
BMWX5D
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5/M3

Like the previous poster mentioned, 3M ProSeries just came out, it's self healing like Xpel and I find it has better clarity. I had my complete front end done with it. I used Marco at www.advancedautomotivefilm.com
Appreciate 0