E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > washer bottle block

12-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
uham
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

washer bottle block

Hi

335i E92 purchsed from main dealer Dec 2006. 11k miles. Recently screen wash wipe failed i.e. no water getting to screen though I could hear the little motor whirring. Main dealer advised some "crystallisation" was evident in the pick up/filter area in the washer bottle and advised not a warranty item. Cost me £100. I have only filled the bottle twice maybe three times since new. BMW UK wont pay under warranty and are refusing to budge. their position is that its not a manufacture issue. Car is garaged every night. The wash/wipe is now stronger than ever, though previously I had no reason to believe there was any problem. They have failed to reply to this point and dont want to enter into further dialogue. Anyone had similar experiences and do I have a point? Thanks.

Last edited by uham; 12-22-2007 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

uham, this is not an 'off topic' item. I'd repost in the main UK section you may get a better response.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uham View Post
Hi

335i E92 purchsed from main dealer Dec 2006. 11k miles. Recently screen wash wipe failed i.e. no water getting to screen though I could hear the little motor whirring. Main dealer advised some "crystallisation" was evident in the pick up/filter area in the washer bottle and advised not a warranty item. Cost me £100. I have only filled the bottle twice maybe three times since new. BMW UK wont pay under warranty and are refusing to budge. their position is that its not a manufacture issue. Car is garaged every night. The wash/wipe is now stronger than ever, though previously I had no reason to believe there was any problem. They have failed to reply to this point and dont want to enter into further dialogue. Anyone had similar experiences and do I have a point? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum ..

This has happened to at least one other person here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...washer+blocked

I think it's very tight of the dealer. My argument would be that I have been driving 17 years and never ever experienced this. Suggests that maybe their is a design fault here.
Appreciate 0