Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

09-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
chaver
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Audi S6 2007, Future F80

dealer options for new M3

My dealer is offering the following, pls give me your comments:

Tire and wheel protection road hazard, 3yr $1649, 5yr 1849

Appearance protection, dents (up to four inches), dings key fob replacement 3yr $1399 , 5 yr 1599

Window tinting, Sungard, $499
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaver
My dealer is offering the following, pls give me your comments:

Tire and wheel protection road hazard, 3yr $1649, 5yr 1849

Appearance protection, dents (up to four inches), dings key fob replacement 3yr $1399 , 5 yr 1599

Window tinting, Sungard, $499
Wow. That's kinda high. If negotiate a bit. I got he tire and wheel 5yrs for 800. Wasn't going to do it at all but decided it was worth the piece of mind for me. Also tint was free for me.

Usually they will work with you on price for this but do it right away tire and wheel can't be added later.

Afer I found out the ding and dent is only for paintless repairs I declined. If it doesn't need paint a good body shop can do it cheap.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
milpar34
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 (SO/BLK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew115 View Post
Wow. That's kinda high. If negotiate a bit. I got he tire and wheel 5yrs for 800. Wasn't going to do it at all but decided it was worth the piece of mind for me. Also tint was free for me.

Usually they will work with you on price for this but do it right away tire and wheel can't be added later.

Afer I found out the ding and dent is only for paintless repairs I declined. If it doesn't need paint a good body shop can do it cheap.
Andrew115 - do you know if I can purchase the wheel/tire protection from your dealer when I'm buying the car from another? My dealer quoted a very high price compared to what you got and I'd like to have some leverage by telling my dealer another one is willing to sell it to me for $800. Also, is there a deductible and if so, what is it?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
Andrew115
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milpar34
Quote:

Andrew115 - do you know if I can purchase the wheel/tire protection from your dealer when I'm buying the car from another? My dealer quoted a very high price compared to what you got and I'd like to have some leverage by telling my dealer another one is willing to sell it to me for $800. Also, is there a deductible and if so, what is it?
I don't think so. I think they take the whole deal into consideration. I know they will make out on my trade so I bet they look at the whole picture. I would look at third party deals. I know my dealer sells third party coverage. So it's supported by lots of places not just at my dealer.

Call these people. http://www.southwestre.com/agents/pr...rst-automotive

This was the company maybe the do direct consumer sales.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
milpar34
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 (SO/BLK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew115
Quote:
Originally Posted by milpar34
Quote:

I don't think so. I think they take the whole deal into consideration. I know they will make out on my trade so I bet they look at the whole picture. I would look at third party deals. I know my dealer sells third party coverage. So it's supported by lots of places not just at my dealer.

Call these people. http://www.southwestre.com/agents/pr...rst-automotive

This was the company maybe the do direct consumer sales.
Will check it out, thanks. For what it's worth I asked my dealer to give me their 5 yr coverage for $800. Will see what he comes back with.
2008 E60 528i - Space Grey / BLK (RETIRED)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
Andrew115
Major
Rep

Hope it works out. Btw mine is $0 deductible.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

save your $.

Tire & Wheel warranty - read the fine print before considering. The general rule is if the wheels & tires are destroyed (beyond repair), then they will replace with new; otherwise, just repair. I can't remember if there is a max $ limit claim on a per year basis.

For example, to fix one dent, $100 for the small one.

Tint. Any reputable tint shop will charge you around $300 - $350 for ceramic tint job. Dealer quoted you is for the regular dyed tint job which the typical shop will charge around $200 - $250, thus dealer is charging you 2x.
Appreciate 0