E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > help!!! procede install poblem

12-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

help!!! procede install poblem

i started installing the procede. only got to installing the harness, did not touch the ground or bypass plugs yet. turned the car on like the video said to check and got a check engine light: engine malfunction reduced power come up. so i double checked my wiring and made sure it was perfect. started the car again and got the same problem

so i decided i dont have enough time to play around with it right now, so i put the car back to stock. put the original wires back in there places and started the car without connecting everything. (not the air filter, and the sensor)

i still have the check engine light come on but the car is back to stock.

do i have to clear the codes in order for me to get rid of the engine malfunction light? or if everything was fine it should automatically clear the problem? i dont have a c reader.

what should i do?

i dont think im doing somethign wrong, the car is stock but i cannot get rid of the check engine light
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
DreX3M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97-X3M Competition

You could use the code reader to clear the codes.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
munters
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

If you intercept cables you need to install the bypass plugs. if you want to go back to stock, you need to putt back the hose. The check engine will disapear when you did yhat.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

You should only start the car with bypass plugs in or Procede installed. And ensure it's grounded with power going into the procede.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Valentine
OK with taking handouts
Rep
Drives: 325i

Turn the car off and on 5 times with about 30sec delay in between. This should clear your codes. If the C Reader and this do not work check the wiring again as you may have crossed the green wires. If none of the above are the problem disconnect your battery after work and let it sit until bed if you have to plug your car in or overnight if you have a garage. When you reconnect the battery the codes should be cleared. Let me know if I was unclear or can help in any other way.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
Turn the car off and on 5 times with about 30sec delay in between. This should clear your codes. ....
Turn the car on and off... does that mean start the engine and shut it down 5 times? Should they remove key and lock vehicle in between?
      12-26-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Valentine
OK with taking handouts
Rep
Drives: 325i

No, just fire the car up and turn it off again. Locking the car is not necessary. The codes will clear without it.
Appreciate 0