Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
rmedeir1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW MW M4 - MPE, CCBs, all CF

Samsung Galaxy S5 Owners...

Curious as to what functionality and/or issues you are having with this phone either over bluetooth and USB and if you solved those issues or are just dealing with them. I don't want to hear office features as those are limited and already displayed on the BMW site. Would also like to understand how you overcame any issues. My issues (and they are only 2) as follow...

Current Issues
- Album art not displaying over bluetooth. any recos?????
- USB automatically plays all of my videos on the phone. Can't find my FLAC files to play over USB and see if this solves the album art issue. Any recos?????
- leveraging my data connection to make the widgets work is sometimes hit or miss. Now sue what can be done to improve this.

What is working well...
- skip to next track or previous track is instantaneously! This is not the case on my wife's LX570 (not bad, but not great) and my daughter's Rav4 (not great...significant lag)
- Never had an issue recognizing the device. Instantaneous!
- The 10 band EQ on Google player frequencies don't overlap on the bass frequencies which allows for further fine-tuning of the HK system
- Phone call's connect quickly with minimal issue
- texts show up through the onboard display but the user interface of iDrive is horrendous to access this one office feature that is available for this phone
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
NavyBeeker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 SS/SS - 19SepED

Sorry no answers from me -- but interested to see results since I have a Verizon GS5 and hope to get an M3 next year....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

I have the same issues you have but I would like to know how you was able to get your text messages to display on your iDrive.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
quattr0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i DD, 991.2 weekend toy!

i have s4 and text shows up automatically. I think if it recognizes your phone model correctly that should work.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattr0 View Post
i have s4 and text shows up automatically. I think if it recognizes your phone model correctly that should work.
I have the Galaxy S5 and I don't get any text messages or e-mail, and I have the M4, in my 335i and 335is I Was able to at lease get the text messages.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

+1 to start that you've found the number 1 source in electronics in the world SAMSUNG. TV's that sync with these phones even better. Not sure how good Apple doing in TV market.

Also note 4 chiming in here no Bluetooth issues on m4 sync of all, email,Text, contacts, music, etc etc

PS, try your 4k video recording, unreal! can only playback on your phone unless you have 4k TV, but you gotta try it. Can't do that on any iPhone!

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

I have an S5, but have NEVER got into the whole BT thing in cars. Call me old school, but I just toss my music on a USB stick. I'm not into apps like Pandora or anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 nga real quick
I have an S5, but have NEVER got into the whole BT thing in cars. Call me old school, but I just toss my music on a USB stick. I'm not into apps like Pandora or anything.
True just put about 1000 songs on the data stick about 5g in space per 1g songs, upload to car then you get the best music capabilities through I drive HUD etc. Not to mention Bluetooth looses about 50% in sound quality.

Unless your talking about JUST USB only and never upload to car, I like that too.

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0