Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
audihere
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 and Clown Shoe

Bluetooth streaming iPhone 6 issue

I have the standard bluetooth in my F80 and an iPhone 6.

When I try to use the Media - Bluetooth songs on phone, it shows the song on the screen and image of album, but it doesn't actually start to play

If I go into my phone and on Songs press Play, it starts playing thru the car, but it's a different song than the one shown on the screen and the timer on the screen is counting down but not in sync with the song playing because they're obviously different lengths

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working right?

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
audihere
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 and Clown Shoe

New iOS update today, 8.1.2, worked perfectly on my drive home for streaming audio songs. Hopefully that will fix the issues many have been having.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
viciouz
M4 JAY
Rep
Drives: '96 E36 m3, '15 F82 m4

I am currently having this issue with my Iphone 5. My iOS is 8.1.2. Anyone else having these issues?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #4
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Had lag issues w titles not playing for the current song w my 5s w 8.0.0 software. Now w my 6 I have same streaming issues but now no more text messages. Never had emails working correctly from the get go. Also have the no play issues stated above but not consistent. Kinda sucks cause BMW boasts so much technology talk and yet their cars aren't fully compatible w one of the most popular phones ever made.

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #5
Chipm4
Rep
Drives: M4 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!! View Post
Had lag issues w titles not playing for the current song w my 5s w 8.0.0 software. Now w my 6 I have same streaming issues but now no more text messages. Never had emails working correctly from the get go. Also have the no play issues stated above but not consistent. Kinda sucks cause BMW boasts so much technology talk and yet their cars aren't fully compatible w one of the most popular phones ever made.
Totally agree. I have iphone 6 and the comparability us useless. Randomly no sound when answering calls and when streaming audio. Surely this is a major priority to sort this out for BMW??
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #6
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipm4 View Post
Totally agree. I have iphone 6 and the comparability us useless. Randomly no sound when answering calls and when streaming audio. Surely this is a major priority to sort this out for BMW??
Of course. They should have it all sorted out in about 4-5 years when the current phone and car software is so out of date it looks like a rotary phone inside a horse and buggy.

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #7
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by audihere View Post
I have the standard bluetooth in my F80 and an iPhone 6.

When I try to use the Media - Bluetooth songs on phone, it shows the song on the screen and image of album, but it doesn't actually start to play

If I go into my phone and on Songs press Play, it starts playing thru the car, but it's a different song than the one shown on the screen and the timer on the screen is counting down but not in sync with the song playing because they're obviously different lengths

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working right?

Chris
I had this issue from the beginning, even with the iPhone upgrades. I took it to BMW 2 weeks ago and the tech upgraded the BMW software and it resolved the issue. They also put tape behind my radio face plate so it won't rattle anymore because that has been a big issue as well!

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:05 AM   #8
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Same problem. I find myself having to constantly turn on and off Bluetooth and exiting apps until it works. And then it still shows the wrong song.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #9
tkhan456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 (MW/Black/Black 19")

I got the same issue. It's annoying but my current work around is to hold the voice activation button until Siri activates and just tel Siri to play what I want. It'll then start.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
lubricious
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 F80. MG/SO.

I have the enhanced USB option. I stream Spotify via bluetooth which works fine but the album art does not update after the first song.

I, too, have never been able to get text messages to display whether connected through USB or BT. Unfortunately, I don't have a 5S or 6 cradle (yet, perhaps)... debating on whether it's worth it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:07 AM   #11
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

Same here...but I did manage to find out that instead of turning off/on BT, you can switch to radio and back to multimedia and it should start playing.

I do have another issue. The iPhone 6 BT audio seems to turn itself down once in awhile. This is not limited to the M4. It was happening to my 335 as well as my Jaybirds headset. Hope apple's update will fix this.
      01-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #12
humpday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
I had this issue from the beginning, even with the iPhone upgrades. I took it to BMW 2 weeks ago and the tech upgraded the BMW software and it resolved the issue. They also put tape behind my radio face plate so it won't rattle anymore because that has been a big issue as well!
BMW and iphone 6 software is all up to date. Still have the same problem the OP posted initially. Nothing else works. Guess I'll be calling BMW again.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #13
tkhan456
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 (MW/Black/Black 19")

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1
Same here...but I did manage to find out that instead of turning off/on BT, you can switch to radio and back to multimedia and it should start playing.

I do have another issue. The iPhone 6 BT audio seems to turn itself down once in awhile. This is not limited to the M4. It was happening to my 335 as well as my Jaybirds headset. Hope apple's update will fix this.
It's volume goes down temporarily when you get an email/txt/etc. I don't know if that's why you are referring too. The volume will drop for a few seconds and then come back. It won't make your normal email alert or txt alert noise either. Just drops the volume.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #14
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

I've had the same problem with having to manually press PLAY on my iPhone 6 to be able to stream music. All you can do is advance the songs on the current playlist. If you try to change playlists, it is gone. If you switch between music sources, it is gone. If you restart the car, it is gone.

You have to pick up your phone and press PLAY again. Every freakin' time. As a result, I've been listening to a lot of satellite radio.

After trolling the internet, I think I have found a solution - Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Connections.

After the reset, I can keep my iPhone in my pocket and can access my playlists, search for a particular song using iDrive controls like before. Starting and stopping, switching to different music sources and back again does not break the chain.

I read that it might lapse back to its old shitty press PLAY ways, but for now, we're golden.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #15
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhan456 View Post
It's volume goes down temporarily when you get an email/txt/etc. I don't know if that's why you are referring too. The volume will drop for a few seconds and then come back. It won't make your normal email alert or txt alert noise either. Just drops the volume.
No it permanently lowers the volume until I either turn it up or cycle it on/off
      01-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #16
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

After updating the idrive software the album art and song title is showing through BT, even when I change songs. But I do feel that it's a little slower than before about 3-4 seconds slower switching songs. (Spotify through Bluetooth)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #17
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubricious View Post
I have the enhanced USB option. I stream Spotify via bluetooth which works fine but the album art does not update after the first song.

I, too, have never been able to get text messages to display whether connected through USB or BT. Unfortunately, I don't have a 5S or 6 cradle (yet, perhaps)... debating on whether it's worth it.
Same problem I had when I had my car in Germany. I hope this gets fixed.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #18
lubricious
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 F80. MG/SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWcoupe View Post
After updating the idrive software the album art and song title is showing through BT, even when I change songs. But I do feel that it's a little slower than before about 3-4 seconds slower switching songs. (Spotify through Bluetooth)

Is there an update out already for iDrive? Maybe this will help...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubricious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWcoupe View Post

Is there an update out already for iDrive? Maybe this will help...
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html

Enter your vin, download the update. Put the file into a usb then update it onto your idrive.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #20
humpday
Private First Class
Rep

Install the new iPhone update. It made the bluetooth work.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #21
RJVIII
First Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone ever solve the album art issue?
Appreciate 0