THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications XPEL Made my Decals Shiny

12-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
The Ching
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

XPEL Made my Decals Shiny

Had the full hood, front, fenders, and rocker panels done last night. The film made my matte black decals shiny, the installer offered to do my performance lip done for free, but I declined since I wasn't sure how that would turn out. I kind of like the way the decals are somewhat shiny now, and am thinking about going back to have him finish the front splitter in regular film, what do you guys think? He said he was going to do a matte film over my front lip once he got the film in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

looks good, I like glossy over the matte, I have been thinking about getting my performance lip painted glossy black
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Very nice. I prefer gloss over matte as well--but that's old school, where I am.
Re: splitter painted gloss black? Having said this above--just know that a gloss paint will continually show every rock and road bit chip; and you will forever be having to fill in those chips.

The semi-matte OEM is rather nice for it, not showing the chips. I think they did a nice job in the material and surface-look they chose.
Appreciate 0