Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

01-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
MSPM4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Power Washer Recommendations

Anyone have any good power washer recommendations ? I know there are various options (electric/gas), but I am looking for something compact and easy to move around. I live in a condo downtown so space is limited in my garage...

In particular, anyone out there have a a Karcher ?

http://www.eastwood.com/karcher-foll...re-washer.html
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 07:32 AM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Ive used a Karcher for years with good success. This is the newer model of mine. There is also an 1800 psi x series that is good but it doesnt have the hose reel which I like. I think the X series are much better overall.

You will need to buy multiple adapters if you plan to use an MTM foam cannon. Autogeek sells them both. Pressure washers direct is great to work with if buying online.

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...her/p6276.html
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
MSPM4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check this product and site out!

What products do you use on your vehicle? This is all new to me and I want to make sure im giving my new car the proper clean, ha !
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Definitely need to get electric; gas has power, but is not compact and easy to move around, and it is LOUD. Your neighbors, or your HOA, will kill you. Most of the ~$2-300 ones are decent, but often break after a couple years.

If you're crazy, and I mean crazy, then check out this Kranzle http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...ampaign=models Depends how much you're into detailing though. Nice thing about pressure washers is that you can do a touchless wash if your car isn't too dirty. Autogeek, detailer's domain all sell top quality products. Just personal preference as to which soap, towel, etc. I've been using Optimum and Chemical Guys's soaps and like both.

If you're space/water limited, might want to check out rinseless/waterless washes, like ONR. Pretty good tech, and works well if your car isn't too dirty.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
MSPM4
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the info RocketBoots !

I think the Kranzel is a bit excessive for my basic needs. Really just looking for a good at home wash kit. I will pry end up getting a 2-300 washer and then a few products off of Autogeek.

To get me through the winter I just ordered some Chemical guys glass cleaner, SONAX wheel cleaner and a couple different micro-fiber towels for drying purposes. I will probably stick to touch-less washes this winter and then do a nice detail come spring.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 12:06 PM   #6
jsplayin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I just got a sun joe spx3000 and used it twice so far. I had an AR 383 for a couple of years and then died mid house cleaning job, so I'm staying away from AR. I'm liking the sun joe it has an induction motor vs brush motor, and it's much much quieter than any washer I've used (not that that matters to me). It also uses standard metal quick connect accessories so my mtm foam cannon hooked up with no adapters needed unlike my old AR. It doesn't seem as powerful though, maybe it's an illusion since it so quiet but for car wash duty it's perfectly adequate.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #7
Wo-Wo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Coupe

Karcher - their customer service is brilliant! And it's German, lol!
Appreciate 0