E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Fault code P0071

02-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
Fault code P0071

So I came across this fault code last night with SES light and just states Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Range/Performance on my OBD II tool.

Made a post but think it fell into the wrong section and was hoping someone could give me some opinions before I start shelling out money to get stuff checked/replaced.

Would this be related to the MAF sensor? I did replace the original intake hose with the rev silicone hose. The Intake box and MAF was given extra care at the time. Right now my temps in the car seem to read normal on the dash. Idle is fine no issues with driving or performance that I can feel aside from it pulling harder now due to the intake hose.

OBD II tool was used and I realized that the Ambient air temp would just read -2 degrees C, also the air intake temp seems to stay at 1 or move up to 3 degrees C. Air fuel ratio seems to be getting readings.

Anyone know if the MAF is faulty? or just the ambient air temp sensor. Or something I should be worried about?
Current 2008 Bmw 328xi Coupe Sport N51 /w 3 stage IM | VMR 710 w/ Conti DWS | AA Tune Stage 2 | AA Signature Exhaust | Red Cyba scoops | Lux V4 | Euro-box mod w/ Silicone intake hose | Eibach pro kit w/ Bilstein Sport | Carbon Fiber Hood powerdome | Mtech Bumper w/ Akyrim CF lip
Appreciate 0