E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio upgrade questions???

03-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Question Audio upgrade questions???

What's going on everybody? So recently I had the grand idea that I wanted to upgrade my audio with the works i.e. add a mid/highs amp, replace the component speakers, and upgrade my current bass amp and subs (Hifonics BX 605, 600w mono block, running two Kicker CVR 12s). I had amp and subs for the last 8 years and they're still running strong, but recently I went to a car audio show and I was blown away with what some of the setups people had! Since the show, I've been researching and getting ideas of what I want to upgrade to. Besides having the amp and subs, I also have the BSW stage 1 audio upgrade, which is good but I want something better. It seems that BSW were coming out with a mid/highs amp, but it never came to.

As of now, I recently purchased the Hifonics Brutus BRX 2000.1D, for my subs, and the Hifonics ZRX 600.4, for the components, but I don't know which subs or components speakers I want to get. I'm currently looking at either getting a single 15" or two 12" subs which is either the Hifonics Brutus BRZ12SQD4 Square or Earthquake TREMOR X-124. Both subs have great reviews and they're not over the top expensive like some of the other brands. As far as the components sealers, I'm still researching on what's the best bang for the buck. My question is will a single 15" sub fit in the trunk or is it too big? Lastly, any suggestions on a component upgrade?

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0