E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > VOB BMW (Rockville, MD)

01-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Yangster
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

VOB BMW (Rockville, MD)

First off, I know VOB has been discussed in the "MD Dealers" thread, but I thought I would break it out into a separate thread.

I just wanted to report that I had my first experience with the VOB service department (not including them putting on the tags and me buying all-weather floor mats) and it went fine: I called my service manager (Gint / Yellow Team) to schedule an appointment for my first oil change (at 1350 miles); he told me what I already knew: that a post-break-in oil change was a good idea, but that because the car hadn't hit 15k, it would not be covered by the service agreement; on the day of the appointment, I dropped the keys off wth Gint and about 40 minutes later he called me to let me know that "your baby is ready." When I returned to pick up the car, Gint chatted with me a bit about the car and about BMW and said goodbye with a handshake and "Welcome to BMW."

My point is not to give VOB a rave review simply for handling an oil change in a professional manner (Certainly we are all entitled to expect a professional level of service from any BMW service department), but after a reading a couple of the VOB "horror stories" posted by others, I did think it was worth reporting that my first service went off without a hitch. And I certainly won't hesitate to report back if I receive less than satisfactory service from them in the future.

Here are my earlier posts on VOB from other threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangster
I just took delivery of my E90 (my first BMW) on Monday and I wanted to say that I really feel that I got a good deal and great service from VOB BMW. My saleswoman, Nan Wong, was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable -- She answered plenty of questions from a Bimmer newbie, always getting back to me in a timely manner, often by cell phone or Blackberry; while I was anxiously awaiting delivery, she e-mailed me PDFs of the vehicle inquiry reports with each change in the car's status; and on the delivery date, there was a nice walkthrough of the car and no BS!
[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangster
Hi all! I just picked up my 325xi last night and I couldn't be happier with it! To make a long story, my 2000 Acura TL was totalled a few weeks ago and, after considering several other cars, including the Infiniti G35, Lexus IS 250, Audi A3 and A4, and Mercedes C240, I went with the E90... and driving the car home last night, I knew I had made the right decision! I'm also really happy with the way the paint and trim combination (arctic metallic, black leather, aluminum trim) came out.

Ordered: 9/12
Produced: 10/18
Departed: 10/24
Arrived: 11/4
Delivered: 11/14

Options: metallic paint, leather, steptronic
MSRP as equipped: 36,695
Price paid: 34,650

325xi
Steptronic / Arctic Metallic / Black Leather / Aluminum Trim

Last edited by Yangster; 01-14-2006 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
They also have a very courteous sales dept with good quotes. I ended ordering from Passport but Karen in their sales was prompt and professional with my request for a quote.

If I hadn't gotten the deal I did from Passport, I would've bought from VOB.
      02-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
I gave VOB BMW Service (specifically Gint Sakalauskas of the Yellow Team - ( (301) 984-8989 x 344)) a try as I wasn't seeing eye to eye with my selling dealership's assigned SA. A work colleague had refered me to him and I had also seen this thread.

I must say that things worked out well. Gint is a knowledgeable and attentive SA and very pleasant to work with. He knew what's what with regards to the issues I had i.e. RFTs, cupholders etc etc. Only thing is that he's quite hard to get a hold of, at times, due to how busy the Service department gets.

Overall, very pleased with the service so far. I recommend him and his service team. If you go, mention Donny (with the SG 325i) refered you to him for best service

P.S. they don't have a great loaner policy, but you'll get hooked up with an Enterprise loaner. Also for those waiting, there is a McDonald's right next to the dealership. Fwiw, their service department is more presentable than Passport's. I haven't been to the others yet.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Gint's the man....he is a car enthusiast and has always taken care of me.
Appreciate 0