THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Carbon Fiber door handle?

04-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
1drumshark
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235xi black

Carbon Fiber door handle?

Does anyone know if any carbon fiber door handles exist? Or, for those of us with comfort access, if the sensor would still work with a carbon fiber vinyl cover over the handle.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Like an overlay? Please do not do this...
      04-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
1drumshark
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
Like an overlay? Please do not do this...
That's for being so helpful
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

To my knowledge they do not exist on any platform. I have had a CF overlay on my shark fin on multiple BMW's without issue. You should not have any problems, but no one else on the forums would probably put something like that on their cars
      04-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #5
Numinous
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 EBII

Quote:
To my knowledge they do not exist on any platform. I have had a CF overlay on my shark fin on multiple BMW's without issue. You should not have any problems, but no one else on the forums would probably put something like that on their cars
Real carbon fiber or vinyl? Real carbon fiber blocks RF(cell/radio) signals so it would probably be a bad idea on the shark fin.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #6
1drumshark
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Jesus, am I supposed to care? I just wanted to know if the comfort access would still work with vinyl covering it. I think it would look good, I'm sorry you don't agree.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
ocN55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1drumshark View Post
Jesus, am I supposed to care? I just wanted to know if the comfort access would still work with vinyl covering it. I think it would look good, I'm sorry you don't agree.
You got your answer, move on. Don't have to be bitter about what others think. If you want to have it done then you can fabricate something, but what you are looking for does not exist to my knowledge either.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Real carbon fiber or vinyl? Real carbon fiber blocks RF(cell/radio) signals so it would probably be a bad idea on the shark fin.
I had REAL CF on my E90 without issue for SATNAV or anything other RF signal that came through. Search E90post and you will see a few threads on this
      04-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1drumshark View Post
You are the one asking, so I would assume you would care. I'm not looking to get into anything, just was trying to answer your question, which is more than anyone else has done on this board for you. Sorry for tone not going over well over the interwebs.

There will be no issue with vinyl, unless it is super thick. At the cost of Vinyl, I say try it and see, if it works, then you will have something that you like, if not then you have some extra look a like CF to use to dress up other parts of your car.