E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > In middle of new turbo install. Replace lines with new ?

04-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
rmz
Rep
Drives: 335xi

In middle of new turbo install. Replace lines with new ?

I'm in middle of installing new turbos @ 88k miles. Old lines were pretty tight/rusted in, but with some prying and prodding they are out. Locking flanges on the water lines, and oil inlet lines at the block were bent mildly due to prying etc, but they were able to be bent back.

New o-rings etc, with the turbo install kit, lines look ok.

Did you guys install all new oil/water lines? I had a leak on the return lines at the bottom of the turbo bearing housing, so I bought 2 new return lines.

But I am wondering if its worth it to just get all new lines, or just install the new o-rings and run the existing lines?

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
Chitown335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Smoky Graphite 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmz View Post
I'm in middle of installing new turbos @ 88k miles. Old lines were pretty tight/rusted in, but with some prying and prodding they are out. Locking flanges on the water lines, and oil inlet lines at the block were bent mildly due to prying etc, but they were able to be bent back.

New o-rings etc, with the turbo install kit, lines look ok.

Did you guys install all new oil/water lines? I had a leak on the return lines at the bottom of the turbo bearing housing, so I bought 2 new return lines.

But I am wondering if its worth it to just get all new lines, or just install the new o-rings and run the existing lines?

Thoughts?

My thought has alays been....if you're going in deep. And think you may need something or something doesn't look right. Replace it anyway to make yourself feel better you have new parts . Peace of mind really.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
firemanjust1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3/03 350z

With this type of work I always try to replace everthing with in reason, while your in there I would good maintenence .
Appreciate 0