Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > questions to those with replica bbs lm wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

questions to those with replica bbs lm wheels

As the title says. i see a few of you guys have the replica bbs lm wheels on your e92 coupe. With all my melodrama, i think i might just end up getting my wife an e93 aw/saddle AUTO <-----eeeks. I really like the bbs lm, but knowing her she will mess it up. So why not go for the next best thing, the replicas. From the pix they look really good. Anyone who has them, have you ever seen them right next to each other to compare to see how much difference there is between them.

thanks!
Raja
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
rykersm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36 M3/e92 335i

the LM rep's with the step lip are pretty spot on but if you put them right next to each other, you'll be able to pick out the rep. theres folks that swear up and down that they look identical but personally i can see a difference in the finish (especially on the lip) as well as the over all quality. not that it's a bad thing, it's just hard to compete to BBS's standards/quality and still keep the wheels cheap.. err.. affordable. If you already know the wheels arent going to be babied and pampered, save yourself the headache and go with the rep's and put the real deal LM's on your c2s!

/RYKERSM3/2007:335i
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
FastLane
Live life in this lane....
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Hey rykersm3, what about from a durbility standpoint. I've heard BBS are very susceptible to damgage (basically turning them square).

How do the reps hold up?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykersm3 View Post
the LM rep's with the step lip are pretty spot on but if you put them right next to each other, you'll be able to pick out the rep. theres folks that swear up and down that they look identical but personally i can see a difference in the finish (especially on the lip) as well as the over all quality. not that it's a bad thing, it's just hard to compete to BBS's standards/quality and still keep the wheels cheap.. err.. affordable. If you already know the wheels arent going to be babied and pampered, save yourself the headache and go with the rep's and put the real deal LM's on your c2s!
Yes, for her the replicas cuz i know she will not take care of them..
but yeah c2s will either get hre or lm(s).

raja
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #5
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
Yes, for her the replicas cuz i know she will not take care of them..
but yeah c2s will either get hre or lm(s).

raja
Hey Raja, I'm a master distributor for the LM reps please contact me if you need some help. Thank you.
Here are some pictures for you.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
rykersm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36 M3/e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
Hey rykersm3, what about from a durbility standpoint. I've heard BBS are very susceptible to damgage (basically turning them square).

How do the reps hold up?
I think any wheel is susceptible to damage? There is a misinterpretation out there that because a wheel is forged, it's indestructable. While forging makes the wheel stronger and lighter to a certain degree, it can still be damaged if the pot hole is big enough. Forged wheels tend to bend when damaged, cast wheels will just crack. You can have a bend repaired but when the cast cracks, thats it, you've just got a new centerpiece for your garage!

/RYKERSM3/2007:335i
Appreciate 0