BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

07-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Trando
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5 Competition Pack

Problems with new M5

I picked up my brand new MCB F10 M5 CP mid June and drove a couple of hundred miles in it trying to get to 1200 as quickly as possible!

Since the end of June though, the car is back with the dealer having an oil leak fixed. A seal in the rear diff assembly has failed and drops of oil have appeared on the floor of my garage and on my drive. If that wasn’t enough, the dealer has now said that a special tool is needed to resite the diff seal on M cars and this tool has to come from Germany and will take 7-10 days to be delivered.

So, after a month, I will have driven the car for 2 weeks out of 4...

I am hugely frustrated by this and will be taking it up with BMW UK. Anyone else had any similar experiences?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Not quite like this mate, but BMW UK customer service are much better than anything you can get from the dealer, so kick up a stink, dont back down and see what comes of it...

Im hoping they have at least given you a m5 courtesey car whilst your car is in...If the dealer can provide, then again kick up a stink with BMW centrally and simply demand it
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #3
skansa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Datsun Sunny

if no m5 see if you can get a M6 GC, 550 or 650 GC. Hope you get the Beast back soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 04:46 AM   #4
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

kick up a stink about what? they have fixing the issue....Now if they took it in and gave it back and it still had problems and they refused to look at it again I could see there being something to complain about.

Sometimes these things take time - I had an exhaust issue with my new M3 and they needed a special part to be made in Germany - It took three weeks....Sometimes these things happen
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 04:28 AM   #5
Trando
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5 Competition Pack

All sorted now. BMW responded very positively to my frustrations and made good the delays and the fact that the car was off the road for the time that it was...

The car has behaved impeccably since the leak was fixed and is about to have it's running in service at 1200 miles.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #6
2012F10M5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Monte Carlo

Drivetrain Issue

Hi, for some reason I cant add my own thread, sorry for piggy backing on the end of this one.

I've had my M5 for a couple of years now, and I have had problems with the dealer. A fault for the Drivetrain comes on intermittently, so I called BMW a while ago, they said this happens from time to time, and if you turn the car off and on again it will go. I thought it sounded a little ridiculous at the time but it actually worked. However its now stuck on and with reduced power.

Its due for its next service on Friday, and now they say it will cost £X amount for the diagnostics as its 3 months out of warranty. I'm not too happy about this, as when it was in warranty it didn't seem to be an issue.

Before the warranty ended, I had the 'end of warranty check' done. I also had the Aircon checked as this was no longer cold, they did a pressure check to ensure there was no damage and told me it would just need a re-gas, at a cost of £187. Groupon had a deal on for £32 so I told them to leave it. I had it re-gassed and it still doesn't work! On Friday they will be checking this again too, at my cost no doubt.

Has anyone had this 'end of warranty check'? Did you receive any confirmation that it was done, and what they actually did? I was told they don't do that.

Has any one had similar issues?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #7
Mark6147
Private
England
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I am currently waiting for a new air con condenser for my 2 year old car. Apparently the part is on a 2 week back order!

Something tells me BMW have had a few air con problems!!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
2012F10M5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Monte Carlo

Quick update, the car has been in all day, I was told that it would be ready for 5pm. I called at 3.30pm as I had heard nothing and someone called me at 4pm to say that the car was too hot to work on today!!

So no service, not aircon check, but they managed to do the diognostics, they think this is something to do with the injectors. I was advised not to drive the car, so I'll be getting the bus this weekend, and Id imagine it wont be sorted for Monday either.

No courtesy car, no offer of anything, just the reiteration that I will still be paying the £99 diagnostic charge!!
Appreciate 0