Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > New tires or not?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
Tosh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

New tires or not?

I drive a e90 330xi and my R/R Conti run-flat keeps losing pressure. I am 250 miles away from my dealer, so I am going to have to do something about in my small town.

My qestion is, now that I have a bit extra cash, should I try to have them fix the RFL (which I have read may or may not be possible) or just go with standard tires?

Will my car have a nicer ride with standard tires?

What type of tires do you recommend? I have seen good reviews for the Goodyear F-1 here on this board, but others have said they are not that great after 5-9k miles.

Thanks for any advice.

**Edit:: If I want to stick with the RFT's, should I stay with continental ssr or is something else better?

Last edited by Tosh; 02-19-2008 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Fletch
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

330xi tires

Tosh, I had Bridgestone RFTs on my 2006 330xi and couldn't stand them - very harsh ride. I replaced them with conventional (non-RFT) Bridgestones and am happy with them although I can't say there was a major difference in smoothing out potholes and bridge expansion strips, etc. The good news is the non-RFTs can be fixed, bad news the E90s don't have room for a spare so I now carry two cans of flat-fix...

My recommendation would be to go non-RFT, although if I had to do it again (and given that I live in New England) would probably invest my $ into four mounted snow tires from Tire Warehouse. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
pedev1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

I would talk to your SA first might be a warranty issue.It don't hurt to ask get a new set of RFT From BMW then a new set with wheels that you can buy.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
Tosh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Yeah, that is what I was worried about--no room for the spare. I suppose the flat fix cans could help.

But yeah, thanks for the answers.
Appreciate 0