E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Do not buy from JGMODS

09-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Do not buy from JGMODS

I wanna start off and say i don't like doing this. I never like bashing someone/company especially on the internet, people make mistakes but this is ridiculous.

I few months ago I had an incident where i needed to buy a new front bumper. I wanted to go with the Msport style. JGmods were always the ones that I seen people who got the replicas going with, never seen any negativity. So i went and placed my order and I had the bumper at my door within a week. When the time finally came where I could get the bumper installed, which was about 2 months later because of having to deal with my insurance company and the shop who would finally agree to do the work since I was suppling the bumper and it being aftermarket a lot of places didn't wanna do the work, i got the car dropped off. The next day I got a call from the shop saying that they had bad news that the bumper was not going to work and that it was extremely off and that I needed to come see it for myself. When I got there they mocked the bumper up to the front end and without even explaining to me what was wrong I could see the issue immediately.

you can tell this wasn't a bad batch of bumpers. This was flat out the wrong kind. I immediately got in contact with JGmods and i got a reply within a few minutes. I explained the issue and sent pictures at their request. After receiving the pictures they said it looks like I got sent the LCI bumper not the Pre LCI, the one i ordered. They said they were gonna have to send this to someone to clarify and to see what course of action was gonna be needed and they explained they may not honor it since it was a 2 months later. I replied saying I'm not going to accept that because point blank period you sent me the wrong bumper. Thats your fault not mine. I also explained that the 2 months was between my insurance and a shop and that i was out of my hands. They replied saying the Pre LCI bumper is out of stock so i was gonna have to wait for them to be back in stock with was estimated till the end of august. I said i can not wait i need this done, they then replied then they will refund me the money after I send it back. Those were my only two options. Every other vendor was out of stock as well so I told them I will just wait for them to come in stock and I will send this bumper back in the mean time. After this point they stopped emailing me. It took 5 days and an email saying i was gonna get my bank involved with proof they admitted fault and said i would be honored a refund. The next morning I woke up to an email from them apologizing for the delay and that they "no longer are open everyday". After this they only reply to me once a week on Wednesday. ONCE. A. WEEK. they reply to me emails. They last one they sent me was 8/26/15 asking to confirm my information for the return label. I replied within an hour and then still got no reply. A week later and I still have yet to get a reply.

After all of this if they just would have owned up to the mistake they made and handled this properly they would have kept my money and a happy customer for future purchases. Now I will NEVER order from these jokes again. After a few more days if this bumper doesn't leave my house I'm going to follow through with my bank.

BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH JGMODS!!!!.
      09-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #2
j23a45m
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 X5

Garage List
yes its a sad situation, and they also won't even give a contact number to talk with a live person its all only through email!
2011 BSM 335i E90 MTECH 6MT • JB4 stage 2 iso 5.3 FF wire• BMS Intake • Vishnu DP • Cyba Scoops • LUX V4 • 6000K Headlight/Fog light Philips Ultinon • Euro headlight switch • ACS roof wing • 35% tint • Performance Grilles • Misc coding • Cobb charge pipe • ///M3 fenders • 335is pedals • BC Coilovers • Vrsf 7" IC • ///M3 mirrors •
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:41 AM   #3
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Still has gotten nowhere. I just get emails that they are sending my info to who deals with shipping to get the return label and I still get nothing. Every day this company becomes more and more a joke.
      09-16-2015, 05:01 AM   #4
socal619
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Never bought anything from jgmod, but ....wow... that sucks... and only way communication is via emails.... this def not how business transaction should be dealt w/. Hope everything works out. Maybe call BBB etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #5
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

if you paid with Paypal just file a dispute you have 180 days....
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #6
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23a45m View Post
yes its a sad situation, and they also won't even give a contact number to talk with a live person its all only through email!
This is why I have not given them a chance.

I am a firm believer in avoid any company that resorts to email only communication.

Not bashing ANY company here, but it makes me /assume/ it's a small one or two man operation that's done after a 9-5 job hours. A side hustle where they can not focus 100% on.

OP, hope it works out man. I have a bumper that's in the paint shop from Mod..Bargain.S - I'll let you know how it turns out - last I checked they had 2 more in stock. Pre LCI E92.

Goodluck.

Edit: I did a whois look up on the domain and came up with this contact info:

Registrant Name: Jay Gill
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 15909 Bayberry Lane
Registrant City: San Lorenzo
Registrant State/Province: California
Registrant Postal Code: 94580
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: 5109996637
Admin Phone: 5109996637

This is PUBLIC DOMAIN information - before any admin or member takes this out of context. I would try calling that number for starters and see.
      09-18-2015, 05:46 AM   #7
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Everything is resolved. They got in contact with me, explained the situation on their end , and refunded me. Turns out the vendor they used were the ones who made the mistake and were the ones kicking their feet with the issue. They ended up screwing Jgmods and refused any reimbursement. So they say at least. Either way I got my refund. It's finally over.
      09-18-2015, 05:47 AM   #8
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot
Quote:

I am a firm believer in avoid any company that resorts to email only communication.

Not bashing ANY company here, but it makes me /assume/ it's a small one or two man operation that's done after a 9-5 job hours. A side hustle where they can not focus 100% on.

OP, hope it works out man. I have a bumper that's in the paint shop from Mod..Bargain.S - I'll let you know how it turns out - last I checked they had 2 more in stock. Pre LCI E92.

Goodluck.

Registrant Organization:

This is PUBLIC DOMAIN information - before any admin or member takes this out of context. I would try calling that number for starters and see.
Mbargains is who I ended up buying another bumper from in the mean time and I actually just dropped it off at the dealer yesterday.
      09-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
styles50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is fbo/meth/Rb/Cobb

the reason the bumper doesn't fit its because you bought the wrong one. you bought a lci which is for 2011+ your car seems to be a pre lci. just send it back and tell them to send you the right bumper.

edit: i see you noticed the issue. i have bought few things from jgmods and everything went 100% smoothly.

Last edited by styles50; 09-18-2015 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #10
Exxxtacy
Instagram @kyle_e92
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by styles50
the reason the bumper doesn't fit its because you bought the wrong one. you bought a lci which is for 2011+ your car seems to be a pre lci. just send it back and tell them to send you the right bumper.

edit: i see you noticed the issue. i have bought few things from jgmods and everything went 100% smoothly.
No I did not buy the wrong one considering the LCI bumpers are more expensive compared to the pre LCI and what I paid was the pre LCI
      09-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #11
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

I don't think he read the thread lol

I will say I had a negative experience through them. He told me a price for something through email and told me he would send an invoice. It was about $50 less than what his site showed and he knew that, that is why he told me he would send me an invoice. I waited and waited, it never happened. Emailed him about 5 times, still nothing. So I just gave up and went through someone else. It was even cheaper. His customer service def is not the best.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxxtacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot
Quote:

Goodluck.

Registrant Organization:

Mbargains is who I ended up buying another bumper from in the mean time and I actually just dropped it off at the dealer yesterday.
Glad you got it sorted and good for them for the refund.
      09-21-2015, 04:49 AM   #13
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Jay (@JGMods) was always very active on these forums and there were tons of great reviews from members. However it seems like in the last 6 months or so they've disappeared from this forum. Shame, they were always my favorite vendor to go to for exterior parts.
      09-21-2015, 05:15 AM   #14
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri

Wow that's pretty shitty
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #15
kingyang3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: SG E90 335i M-sport

lmao. not replying to me either
      09-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #16
trickystar
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe manual

just ordered a pre lci mtech front bumper from jgmods
installed it few days ago and the fitment is 90%+
just a little bit off on the part where it align with the headlight and the foglights are little bit loose. other then that its all good.

but i did waited for over a week for them to reply me after i made the purchase thru paypal. so i guess they are not as active as they used to be?

Last edited by trickystar; 09-24-2015 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0