R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

10-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
crozetian
Rep
Drives: 2018 Phytonic Blue M40i

Willing To Sell OEM PSS 18" Tires

I've just posted in the Wheel and Tire forum that I'm about to have OEM front and rear PSS tires for sale. Have just taken delivery of a 2016 F80, and I'm taking off the PSSes and putting on all seasons in about 10 days or so, when the OEM tires who'll have less than a thousand easy miles on them. Had been assuming I'd swap again in the spring but would be willing to them now. I'm in central Virginia. If interested email me at jsr (at) jsr net.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

First thing, congrats on the car!

why all-seasons?

i assume that this is your sole DD and you want something cold/snow/sleet ready?

this car is already traction-limited as it is with the power/torque it has. you will notice the degradation in dry-weather performance with the all-seasons compared to PSS.

the ideal situation (but not always possible due to storage space or budget) is to have 2 sets of wheels/tires. one with "extreme summer performance" rubber and other with "all-seasons" or snow tires.

Last edited by chillindrdude; 10-11-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #3
The Swami
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

I did the same thing! My M3 is a daily driver and I switched to Michelin Pilot AS3's so I could drive through the late fall and winter on days where there's no snow. Also check out ISSE textile snow chains from ECS-Tuning just in case!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
JYTsky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 ZCP AW/Spd, F82 - Sold

As limited as the traction is on the car. All seasons would provide even less traction. So I don't understand your move of going towards them. Unless you care not about your performance at all.
Appreciate 0