E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Loud Hissing, extra intake noise.

10-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Antikki
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Loud Hissing, extra intake noise.

Car: 08 335xi 70k miles

Mods: MHD Stage 1, 93oct / DCI's

I was boosting about town, all smiles and my car felt like it was running pretty good. On a 1-2 or 2-3 shift I heard a medium pop. I stopped horsing around and knew something was wrong. So after a quick look under the hood I decided a drive home was safe. During acceleration I could hear "extra" intake noise. Like hissing from the passenger side. I also intermittently got a 30FF code. So I began researching the usual suspects: charge pipe, diverter valves, vacuum hoses and tanks, intercooler.

I started with replacing the 4 vacuum hoses that come off the tanks. That didn't solve anything. So after work today I put the car on a lift and wanted to inspect the hoses coming off the waste gates. I immediately noticed the passenger side of intercooler had a green o-ring / gasket twisted about. So I tried to squeeze that connection back together and I heard a positive click. As if I snapped it back into place. After a quick drive the car feels better, the intake noise seems to only come from my intakes now. But I'm worried the intercooler may not be seated correctly. Can anyone tell me if this looks off:
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Antikki
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Pics

Attached Images

Appreciate 0