E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth availability if not ordered from factory

06-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #1
Mauricio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, MT, SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Bluetooth availability if not ordered from factory

Hello all!I'm new to the forum as I just discovered it while researching the E90. I'm impressed with the amount of fellow fanatics out there. It's nice to know there is a place to discuss your Bimmer.

I tried a search for what I was looking for, but no luck. I purchased my vehicle yesterday from the dealer and it didn't come equipped with Bluetooth. The dealer does not know when and if it will be available and possibly how much it will cost when it is released. Is there a microphone built into the car now? How would this work. I'm very concerned as I purchased what I thought was the perfect car and now realize I should have ordered it from the factory.

By the way, I absolutely love driving my car. It is amazing. I owned a 325i e46 before and I miss it, but this is a different car.

Thanks and again, hello to all!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
j505mni
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sedan

Hey Bro I am facing the same problem. I found a stand alone Bluetooth kit that works great on another car I installed it in but I am looking to incorperate it with the AUX/Ipod input. Check out my thread it might help.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1175
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
bmviz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
Checkout this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26682
and this link of the product that will avalable shorty in US.
http://www.connects2auto.com/product...uto-Parrot.pdf
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
Palazzom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i (E90)

you can buy a kit from BMW. It is not available in north america but you can find it on Ebay. Or if you have a contact overseas, you can buy it from there. If you are handy, you can do it yourself.

You need a kit, I can't recall the part number off the top of my head - but if you search the threads you will find it. It is OEM and I purchased it. I installed it myself actually I'm just waiting to get the software download (which you NEED to do). I have just been so busy that I have not had time. I installed it a month ago - just need the software download.

But the bottom line it is possible - you just need to be willing to spend some dough. Something like $1000 for parts and then potentially up to $300 to get the software.

If that sounds interesting, let me know and I will keep you posted. I'm finally planning to get the software download next week or the week after.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
Palazzom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i (E90)

INSTALLED!!!!! Some problems though ...........

The bluetooth works perfectly! Phone syncs and all!!

BUT

The voice commands when using voice recognitions are ..... IN GERMAN!!!!:mad:

Oh well, does anyone have any ideas? BMW in Canada is telling me I am out of luck..... again, I bought it for the bluetooth, not the voice recognition, but still, I would have thought I could get it in English. But a success none the less.
Appreciate 0