F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Floor mat Velcro melted!
Studio RSR

12-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #1
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Floor mat Velcro melted!

Does anyone else have this problem? If you did, what was the solution?

I've had my 2014 435i for about eighteen months now, and the Velcro loop patches have come unglued from the bottom of the driver's side floor mat... for a second time.

I live in Northern California and temperatures can get well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer, so the interior of my Sapphire Black car can become a furnace. I think it just bakes the adhesive and the round Velcro spots just peel loose. They're very thin, so they get all scrunched up and can't be reattached.

The dealer replaced the first set of mats when the car was about three months old. The replacement mat did the same thing in the fall, and I finally tossed it in the trunk because the accelerator pedal was getting stuck under the mat and it was dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Same here, the velcro looses itself after 15 months use at various temperatures and I got the whole mat set replaced on warranty by the dealer.
This flimsy solution to fix the mats onto the floor really angers me, I bought a €70000,- car and the way to hold the mats is a €1,20 way. Also the counterparts made from plastic with the quarter lock into the floor are not very professional.
Im affraid the next time when the glue gaves up I have to fix this by myself with double sided tape and bought velcro.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #3
Labeef
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320I Sport/Xenon

Some rubber epoxy should solve this problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
401FlaGATOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i ZSP, F30 320i ZSP

It can be repaired by getting new Velcro and either sowing it or in my case drilling little holes and putting tiny ty-wraps.

They must have designed this Velcro in a cold climate where the glue can maintain the bond.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 08:35 PM   #5
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401FlaGATOR View Post
It can be repaired by getting new Velcro and either sowing it or in my case drilling little holes and putting tiny ty-wraps.

They must have designed this Velcro in a cold climate where the glue can maintain the bond.
Wow... this is a really old thread. I don't even have the black car any more... the current one is Mineral Gray Metallic.

I got a set of Lloyd Ultimats. They're softer than the original mats and use the quarter turn fasteners found in older BMWs. The holes for the fasteners are still there in newer cars; just twist and remove the hook part of the hook part of the Velcro that attaches to the floorboards.
Appreciate 0