F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Will these Foglights work with the F30/F36??
proTUNING Freaks

02-22-2016, 07:50 AM   #1
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Question Will these Foglights work with the F30/F36??

JDM ASTAR 8th Generation 7000 Lumens Extremely Bright ZES Chips H11 H8 H9 LED Headlights, Xenon White
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Yes, as long as you code out the cold/warm checks, it will not flicker or give you errors. Otherwise if you cannot code, or do not have anyone local to do it for you, I would not touch them. Any LED or HID kit will need coding.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
Yes, as long as you code out the cold/warm checks, it will not flicker or give you errors. Otherwise if you cannot code, or do not have anyone local to do it for you, I would not touch them. Any LED or HID kit will need coding.
Thanks RarScaryFrosty, I don't mind a little coding.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #4
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Thanks RarScaryFrosty, I don't mind a little coding.
I have them as my headlights inside of the aftermarket eagle eyes housings with a projector. They work great and do not flicker or lose brightness. For some odd reason AFTER coding, they were flickering like crazy almost like a strobe light. After letting the car rest for 30 minutes turned off, it has never happened again in the past year, so don't be discouraged if this happens to you too! Just let it rest and let the electronics in the car fully shut off.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #5
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
I have them as my headlights inside of the aftermarket eagle eyes housings with a projector. They work great and do not flicker or lose brightness. For some odd reason AFTER coding, they were flickering like crazy almost like a strobe light. After letting the car rest for 30 minutes turned off, it has never happened again in the past year, so don't be discouraged if this happens to you too! Just let it rest and let the electronics in the car fully shut off.
Hey, thanks for the tips!! I will certainly look out for this when I code them. I really need some bright fog lights to see all the potholes down here, the brighter the lights the better! Did you just have to code the warm/cold check off and LED on? Or did you have to adjust the Voltage (PWM) too?
Appreciate 0