E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > SES lights for MAF sensor

03-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
sukutash
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2020 M2C

Garage List
SES lights for MAF sensor

I got these codes recently using iCarly: 4BC2, Air Flow Meter Signal and 4831 Intake Air Temp Sensor. Long story short, I ordered the MAF sensor from eeuroparts.com for SIGNIFICANTLY less than anywhere else, like I mean hundreds less in some cases. I got prompt shipping and received the part in a sealed box from BOSCH.

Just wanted to put the news out there that this vendor is great to deal with and has great prices.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukutash
I got these codes recently using iCarly: 4BC2, Air Flow Meter Signal and 4831 Intake Air Temp Sensor. Long story short, I ordered the MAF sensor from eeuroparts.com for SIGNIFICANTLY less than anywhere else, like I mean hundreds less in some cases. I got prompt shipping and received the part in a sealed box from BOSCH.

Just wanted to put the news out there that this vendor is great to deal with and has great prices.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm getting 4c2d 'below the lower physical limit air meter range'. I was going to order another MAF sensor but I theorize my issue might be exhaust back pressure as this code began occurring about the same time as my clogged DPF which has now had the Bohl treatment. Suspect the SCR could be partially fouled.
      07-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
chipwell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukutash View Post

So did the part work and did it fix the problem? I have these same two error codes and am trying to troubleshoot. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'm getting 4c2d 'below the lower physical limit air meter range'. I was going to order another MAF sensor but I theorize my issue might be exhaust back pressure as this code began occurring about the same time as my clogged DPF which has now had the Bohl treatment. Suspect the SCR could be partially fouled.
Mine starting getting clogged from just having fun with the skinny pedal lol. No faults were stored for it yet. I have since went back to stock due to smog. :/
Appreciate 0