THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA Delivery Date

03-09-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

Delivery Date

Hey Guys,

I was just given my VIN number by my dealer, so I was able to track down the vessel and expected day it should dock - 12/3 @ Port Kembla

My dealer hasn't given me a date though on when I should expect the car to be ready. Has any one had any experience with tracking their car? And what are the wait times like once it hits the port?

Dealership is - Rushcutters Sydney.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 12:13 AM   #2
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i

Ask them to put it on priority. I got mine within a week of docking at Port Kembla.
      03-10-2016, 12:16 AM   #3
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

do i speak to the dealership about priority? i have already mentioned i would like the car before the 25th march weekebd as Im getting married and wanted to do a road trip as a hunny moon. they didnt seem interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #4
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
do i speak to the dealership about priority? i have already mentioned i would like the car before the 25th march weekebd as Im getting married and wanted to do a road trip as a hunny moon. they didnt seem interested.
That's pretty bad of them...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #5
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes, push them. If your sales guy doesn't want to help, speak to his manager. Try seeing them in person, they may make the effort if you do.
      03-10-2016, 03:35 PM   #6
MO3
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: DCT M3

Speak to the delivery coordinator at your dealership. Just say if I don't pick it up by the 24th of March, the car will sit at your dealership till the 25th of April as I'm going on my honeymoon!

I got my M235i about two weeks after it docked in Port Kembla!
      03-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

thanks guys for the above.

today i rang my salesmen looking after our deal, he said it should take between 10-15 working days after it hits port kembla then another 3 for delivery the another 2-3 for extras and detailing.

not looking good for before the 24th
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 04:03 AM   #8
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

today i rang my salesmen looking after our deal, he said it should take between 10-15 working days after it hits port kembla then another 3 for delivery the another 2-3 for extras and detailing.

That's very poor, but not unexpected for BMW Sydney really. They do so many cars and just don't have the same level of customer service that the smaller dealers do.
      03-13-2016, 12:33 AM   #9
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcoff
Quote:

That's very poor, but not unexpected for BMW Sydney really. They do so many cars and just don't have the same level of customer service that the smaller dealers do.
Yes they do so many cars but they have to keep it consistent, most cars need a detail before delivery.

At the end of the day, BMW Sydney have the best price on cars, they have the most allocations.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #10
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
Yes they do so many cars but they have to keep it consistent, most cars need a detail before delivery.

At the end of the day, BMW Sydney have the best price on cars, they have the most allocations.
I agree they do seem to have the best prices. I picked up my 2016 EB m235i, sunroof, comphort package for 72k I thought it was a great deal.

Checked this morning

DISCHARGED PORT KEMBLA 13-03-2016 14:56:13

I assume this means its off the boat and waiting customs? Is there another way to track where the car is up to in the customs/compliance process?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #11
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I agree they do seem to have the best prices. I picked up my 2016 EB m235i, sunroof, comphort package for 72k I thought it was a great deal.

Checked this morning

DISCHARGED PORT KEMBLA 13-03-2016 14:56:13

I assume this means its off the boat and waiting customs? Is there another way to track where the car is up to in the customs/compliance process?
72k that's a great price! You must've had a field day with gene. I'm assuming it's with a trade-in? I thought I did well a year ago with 82k... It was fully optioned, however, there are more options standard now, plus the price dropped by 2.5k

I'll give you an idea for delivery... Mine was discharged on Thursday 5th Feb 2015. I picked up my car on the Monday 16th Feb. However, it was ready on Friday 13th Feb, but I was in Melbourne. So it's pretty quick turn around time, they quoted me 2 weeks as well, but it was well under. I think they just quote 2 weeks for everyone, just to be on the safe side.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 07:50 PM   #12
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

No trade in either! I couldn't believe it. fingers crossed if it came in yesterday I might get it back late next week. Excited to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #13
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 - AW --> SUNROOF

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I was just given my VIN number by my dealer, so I was able to track down the vessel and expected day it should dock - 12/3 @ Port Kembla

My dealer hasn't given me a date though on when I should expect the car to be ready. Has any one had any experience with tracking their car? And what are the wait times like once it hits the port?

Dealership is - Rushcutters Sydney.
How do you track using your VIN?
I get the impression they
A. Won't allow you to have the car until BMW Australia announces a showroom release date
Or
B. Want to display your car in their showroom for a while.
So maybe they are stalling you with blowen out times.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #14
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
No trade in either! I couldn't believe it. fingers crossed if it came in yesterday I might get it back late next week. Excited to say the least.
I ordered mine in November last year.
When they sent my official build details it said the car will be built on 05/02/2016 at Leipzig plant. The dealer said delivery will be 12 weeks after the build date which lands it in a May delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 04:19 AM   #15
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGDavey
Quote:
I ordered mine in November last year.
When they sent my official build details it said the car will be built on 05/02/2016 at Leipzig plant. The dealer said delivery will be 12 weeks after the build date which lands it in a May delivery date.
i ordered sometime in october, however it was planned for a January build.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:11 PM   #16
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack
Great for you bad for the 2nd hand market when I want to off load it!

What was the initial rrp?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 02:32 AM   #17
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Haha yea, I mean Ive seen 2nd hand 2014 models with base extras going for more then 72. I was initially going to get a 2nd hand one but BMW Sydney were to good to me. Plus I get extra 2 years servicing on top of the standard because of a deal with my Employer. Im not sure what the rrp was.

Update on Delivery though. My status on the tracking website changed to "Delivered from" and the next day BMW contacted me with good news that I will be getting it next week. I must say BMW Sydney has really come through in the end with a great price and were able to get it all rushed through since the car has landed in AUS.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #18
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha yea, I mean Ive seen 2nd hand 2014 models with base extras going for more then 72. I was initially going to get a 2nd hand one but BMW Sydney were to good to me. Plus I get extra 2 years servicing on top of the standard because of a deal with my Employer. Im not sure what the rrp was.

Update on Delivery though. My status on the tracking website changed to "Delivered from" and the next day BMW contacted me with good news that I will be getting it next week. I must say BMW Sydney has really come through in the end with a great price and were able to get it all rushed through since the car has landed in AUS.
Oh did you get a corporate discount?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 04:18 PM   #19
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525
Quote:
Quote:

Oh did you get a corporate discount?
only just for the extended service period. which i think is still really good for doing nothing extra haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 02:09 AM   #20
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! MY Dealer rang today and told me they will receive my M2 on 6th April and to come and pick it up on the 16th April.

My order is: AW BMW M2 (not pure) with option sun roof.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 04:16 AM   #21
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Nice, 10 days.

They ended up turning mine around from being "delivered from" status to come pick it up, 7 days. Which is in 3 sleeps!!!! Very Excited.

I too opted for the sunroof - 1900$ I used to fit sunroofs and this isnt a bad price.

Big Cheers to MOE as well for hooking me up some parts, cant wait to get the car home to slam them on.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #22
TGDavey
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Nice, 10 days.

They ended up turning mine around from being "delivered from" status to come pick it up, 7 days. Which is in 3 sleeps!!!! Very Excited.

I too opted for the sunroof - 1900$ I used to fit sunroofs and this isnt a bad price.

Big Cheers to MOE as well for hooking me up some parts, cant wait to get the car home to slam them on.

AMACK

3 Sleeps.. man you are almost standing in the showroom!!!

What colour did you get? Did you get the M2 pure or M2?

Hey don't forget to post some pics up for us . Would really appreciate it...

Appreciate 0